Skip to main content

Friday

Friday night was such a miracle that I might want to get used to it being a daily miracle. Figlia allowed me to sleep a good six hours - there was intermittent feeding and all, but still, she allowed me to soak up some rest. And I woke up refreshed, not-rushed or not-irritated.

Strangely, my reflexes made me get up not only when I heard her stirring for a feed, but I would suddenly open my eyes, and find that either she was sleeping herself or her eyes were open, but she neither wanted to be held nor she wanted to be fed. That did not prevent me from waking up now and then.....but it was wonderful. Like I said, this was the first time, and if this be an anomaly, I wish, it becomes a daily anomaly. :-)

A thing that I have started to do as a norm is to lay her vertical on my chest, after she has had a good feed (and possibly burped), and she often sleeps well like that...and sometimes when you put her down on her bed after it, she won't wake up at all! Sweet! But remember the operative word is 'sometimes'.

Friday evening Z- came over for a visit. This is the second time he has come around since Figlia was born. I was more relaxed having him around last night than the previous night. He has had such a free-rein in our house before Figlia was born, that I was worried that if I ask him to not touch the baby or so, he just would not listen. He did not touch the baby the first time, but yesterday he did. And he was introducing himself to the baby. And oh he sang and danced a little bit.

And he carried an Enid Blyton book, and he told me a story which pretty much finished in two lines and I suspect had nothing to do with what was in the book.

Anyways, I told him the baby's name, and after a little while asked him what the baby was called. His reply? 'CheekyBub'. I corrected him, and told him the name....later on when my mum came around to the room for something, I asked him the baby's name. His reply? 'CheekyBub'.

We finally told and repeated it enough for him, for him to understand that the baby is Figlia and not CBub.

Another guest confused a framed pic of CBub in my room as possibly 'a day old' Figlia pic. I rectified it, and kind of thought about the similarities in the way they both look. There are similarities, but Cheeky had a rounder face....or possibly I never got to see her after the first week's weight loss.

Comments

  1. getting a little extra sleep is heavenly. my goobs have been sleeping till 9:30 this week. I dont know what I did to deserve it but I am not going to question my good fortune. It is lovely to hear about Figlia. And how do you pronounce her name? Is that a nick name or her real name? Heres to both of us getting a little extra sleep tonight :)
    Amber

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rest is wonderful. Sleep is even better. Happy to hear she's been giving you that.
    I would expect some more people to mistake CBub for Figlia. I hope it won't catch you unaware and upset you.
    Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, Z is a youngster, so I can understand the confusion. But I know it's probably very bittersweet for you to hear Figlia being confused with her sister.

    I wish you continued luck in good sleeping habits!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay for good sleep! I remember those moments, waking up and seeing her watching me from the cradle. Odd and peaceful at the same time.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sleep is wonderful. Get it when you can for sure :) Hopefully you're healing well, and you'll have many more wonderful nights sleep ahead!

    I agree with areyoukiddingme. I bet that is bittersweet for Figlia being confused for CBub. I can only imagine the emotions brought forth from their corresponding birthdays and other similarities, but also differences.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Here's to many more nights of sleep like that!

    What a complicated thing, to hear Figlia and CBub confused for each other.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

I Should Have Known

...On the night of 19th when my breasts became hard and sore to touch, the nurses brought me hot water bottles rather than my baby. I should have known. ...Birdman was apparently away to Very Big City with our baby. Every SMS update sent to me about her after 16th Jan was fake. I was a donkey eating at his trough. I should have known. ...Visitors who came to see me in the hospital did not look me straight in the eye. I should have known. ...My mother sounded reluctant every time I asked her on a timeline on when my stitches would be cut and I could travel to Very Big City. I should have known. ...I grieved at how many pricks and tubes were affixed to my little baby while she lay cold and unfeeling at the bottom of an earth pit fatigued from all the effort she put into staying alive. I should have known. ...Family dropped clues on how oxygen deprivation could affect the brain. I spelt it out for them. I told them that Lola was my daughter even if she came out r-e-t-a-r-d-e-d from the o...

Season...

With very limited time and access to the netz, I just want to declare that Lady Season is here. She arrived last Wednesday, and I will someday in future speak of how due to SuperPed's preparedness a crisis was averted. I tend to have firework endings. Her with me, and my first chance of mothering is like a spray of cold water on my face. I am very sleep deprived. Apparently, wise birds said to me that I should sleep when the girl sleeps, but so far my body schedule and kid's schedule are haywire. I hope to be better adapted to this soon. It is tough for me to find net time as of now, and there are a couple of things I want to post online, since CBub's dates also passed by recently, but so far it does not seem to be happening. And I just want to say thanks. Even though I am craptastic at responding, I am reading off and on as I can manage.