Skip to main content

Being Weird Comes Simple to Some People

TgLady: What are you doing?
Me: Feeding the baby
TgLady: Are you sure that she is taking milk?
Me: Yeah, I think so. She seems to be sucking pretty well.
TgLady: You should (manually) express your milk in a bowl and feed it to her by spoon.
Me: Umm..what? Who will hold the baby while I express a bowlful of milk?
Topic Changed by TgLady immediately!!!!

Now that TTC is over, there is a new range of hoohaa cats to deal with, it seems.

Comments

  1. Hahaha! Yup, everyone has an opinion about what you are doing with YOUR baby. Love it. I had to bite my tongue and stop myself the other day when a lady made a comment about me having the baby out and about already. Nosy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL - that is beyond weird!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes its crazy the things people will tell you when you are pregnant or have babies. Its not as bad now that mine are not new borns but still.

    ReplyDelete
  4. People have NO filter when it comes to babies, they all think they know better than anyone, especially the mother. Gah!
    But you seem to hold your ground pretty well. :-) Kudos.

    ReplyDelete
  5. haha, i'm sure you are doing JUST fine when it comes to bf'ing and being a mommy! i'm so happy for you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ahah yes and that's never ending too! Are you going to write about your birth story soon?
    Love, Fran

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ive never heard this one before, nice one !

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOL... you've got to just love all that unsolicited advice. I think I may have told you before, there was a very well meaning older woman at my church who was adamant that I start feeding Ginny solid food at 6 weeks. I just had to smile and nod, then walk away.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow. That's way weird. You should have asked her if you should throw a little cereal in the bowl too.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Right, because she would have survived & gained weight so well if she couldn't nurse properly. I think you should develop a sudden allergy to perfumes or the soap all well-meaning baby advisors wear. Enjoy the newborn adventure. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  11. That is hilarious!

    And your response was awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh yeah - you'll never be lacking in people with an opinion!!

    Good way to handle her, though. Shut that down!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Of course you should have used a bowl and a spoon! Baby to suck directly?? To have her cheeks nestled against those warm, soft comfortable milk machines? Who would have heard of such a thing??
    [being cynical, yeah?] And yes, people oh people, they all know better than you!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

I Should Have Known

...On the night of 19th when my breasts became hard and sore to touch, the nurses brought me hot water bottles rather than my baby. I should have known. ...Birdman was apparently away to Very Big City with our baby. Every SMS update sent to me about her after 16th Jan was fake. I was a donkey eating at his trough. I should have known. ...Visitors who came to see me in the hospital did not look me straight in the eye. I should have known. ...My mother sounded reluctant every time I asked her on a timeline on when my stitches would be cut and I could travel to Very Big City. I should have known. ...I grieved at how many pricks and tubes were affixed to my little baby while she lay cold and unfeeling at the bottom of an earth pit fatigued from all the effort she put into staying alive. I should have known. ...Family dropped clues on how oxygen deprivation could affect the brain. I spelt it out for them. I told them that Lola was my daughter even if she came out r-e-t-a-r-d-e-d from the o...

Season...

With very limited time and access to the netz, I just want to declare that Lady Season is here. She arrived last Wednesday, and I will someday in future speak of how due to SuperPed's preparedness a crisis was averted. I tend to have firework endings. Her with me, and my first chance of mothering is like a spray of cold water on my face. I am very sleep deprived. Apparently, wise birds said to me that I should sleep when the girl sleeps, but so far my body schedule and kid's schedule are haywire. I hope to be better adapted to this soon. It is tough for me to find net time as of now, and there are a couple of things I want to post online, since CBub's dates also passed by recently, but so far it does not seem to be happening. And I just want to say thanks. Even though I am craptastic at responding, I am reading off and on as I can manage.