Skip to main content

Z- Reloaded

In case, you think I am obsessed with this little guy....you are partially correct.

Z-'s recent interaction with me last week was regarding CBub.

Her photograph is at my bedside. He came into my room, and asked if I had been asleep. I wasn't. I was sitting on the edge of my bed.

"Oh, is the baby asleep then?"

I turned around to see my blanket was scrunched onto one side of the bed....giving the impression of someone snuggled in (perhaps). I shook my head into a no. I said the baby wasn't asleep.

He asked where the baby was. When I responded that the baby was with God, he just repeated the 'fact' to himself. No 'adult' responses/expressions came from him.

For him the baby in question is not the one adults perceive in my tummy, but the baby whose pic is at my bedside. That is the baby he sees.

That is the baby he said Goodbye to when he ran down our stairs (after the interaction, and on my request) - no flinching, no judging.

And from a completely unrelated and different interaction, I don't know whether to be grateful or to launch into a lecture when he tells me - 'And I will not even refer to you as the fat auntie.'

Comments

  1. Since children's minds are not patterned yet, their views are so refreshingly new, on everything. Z sounds like a deliciously good natured, mischievious child.

    And you must be barking to think that you are fat, honestly. Your belly is big, but for a good reason (Hi, Season!). But fat you most certainly are not.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this interaction. I love how kids don't (usually) try to make it better for us.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely post. Makes me smile for you just reading it : )

    Mo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sometimes, when I'm feeling uncynical, I feel like these sorts of interactions are deliberate set-ups by the universe. You need someone to speak about C-Bub without the awkwardness - and so you get a little boy. Who rounds things out by unintentionally insulting you by telling you he won't insult you. I would imagine that lifted off the slightest bit of weight from your soul.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are gorgeous and Z is precious!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

I Should Have Known

...On the night of 19th when my breasts became hard and sore to touch, the nurses brought me hot water bottles rather than my baby. I should have known. ...Birdman was apparently away to Very Big City with our baby. Every SMS update sent to me about her after 16th Jan was fake. I was a donkey eating at his trough. I should have known. ...Visitors who came to see me in the hospital did not look me straight in the eye. I should have known. ...My mother sounded reluctant every time I asked her on a timeline on when my stitches would be cut and I could travel to Very Big City. I should have known. ...I grieved at how many pricks and tubes were affixed to my little baby while she lay cold and unfeeling at the bottom of an earth pit fatigued from all the effort she put into staying alive. I should have known. ...Family dropped clues on how oxygen deprivation could affect the brain. I spelt it out for them. I told them that Lola was my daughter even if she came out r-e-t-a-r-d-e-d from the o...

Season...

With very limited time and access to the netz, I just want to declare that Lady Season is here. She arrived last Wednesday, and I will someday in future speak of how due to SuperPed's preparedness a crisis was averted. I tend to have firework endings. Her with me, and my first chance of mothering is like a spray of cold water on my face. I am very sleep deprived. Apparently, wise birds said to me that I should sleep when the girl sleeps, but so far my body schedule and kid's schedule are haywire. I hope to be better adapted to this soon. It is tough for me to find net time as of now, and there are a couple of things I want to post online, since CBub's dates also passed by recently, but so far it does not seem to be happening. And I just want to say thanks. Even though I am craptastic at responding, I am reading off and on as I can manage.