Skip to main content

More than a Blanket

Sometime after September ICLW, I requested EBC for a honour blanket in the name of CheekyBub. EBC knits blankets on request and sends them to Forever Warm*. She responded immediately and keeping my choice of colours in mind, knitted this:


It is beautiful. I know there is not much comfort coming for a parent who has just lost a child. There is nothing bleaker than the next moment coming up. But I also remember that I haven't forgotten the words and messages of support and everything else that came my way after CBub's passing.

I don't have CBub, but I have her bunny. I have the quilt you guys made. I have the register I made after she died...I am not a scrapbooker by a distant shot, but I made the effort to collect pics and write down my letters to her in one space.

She is not there, but all those things are.

I hope EBC's blanket will become one such thing for the grieving parents.

Thank you, EBC. It means a lot to me.

EBC is expecting her first baby after a hard time TTC this year-end. Please do visit her and send her positive vibes.


*Forever Warm was created to provide parents of stillborn children with a blanket that they can wrap their children in for pictures and/or burial.  Parents are also given the choice to keep the blanket as a personal keepsake to remember their child. Blankets are handmade with love and then donated to hospitals, funeral homes and mailed directly to angel parents that request them. 

Comments

  1. It's lovely, I'm glad you have the things you do (*hugs*)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So beautiful: the post and your memories of CheekyBub.......

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am glad you have that. Our parents tell us they are some of the things they treasure most when they look back over the things that have. Thinking of you, I know the next couple months will not be easy. I'm here if you want to "talk".

    ReplyDelete
  4. Indeed beautiful...

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's beautiful. I couldn't help it...I'm crying...

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a beautiful blanket and idea.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful blanket. I love that you did this.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

I Should Have Known

...On the night of 19th when my breasts became hard and sore to touch, the nurses brought me hot water bottles rather than my baby. I should have known. ...Birdman was apparently away to Very Big City with our baby. Every SMS update sent to me about her after 16th Jan was fake. I was a donkey eating at his trough. I should have known. ...Visitors who came to see me in the hospital did not look me straight in the eye. I should have known. ...My mother sounded reluctant every time I asked her on a timeline on when my stitches would be cut and I could travel to Very Big City. I should have known. ...I grieved at how many pricks and tubes were affixed to my little baby while she lay cold and unfeeling at the bottom of an earth pit fatigued from all the effort she put into staying alive. I should have known. ...Family dropped clues on how oxygen deprivation could affect the brain. I spelt it out for them. I told them that Lola was my daughter even if she came out r-e-t-a-r-d-e-d from the o...

Season...

With very limited time and access to the netz, I just want to declare that Lady Season is here. She arrived last Wednesday, and I will someday in future speak of how due to SuperPed's preparedness a crisis was averted. I tend to have firework endings. Her with me, and my first chance of mothering is like a spray of cold water on my face. I am very sleep deprived. Apparently, wise birds said to me that I should sleep when the girl sleeps, but so far my body schedule and kid's schedule are haywire. I hope to be better adapted to this soon. It is tough for me to find net time as of now, and there are a couple of things I want to post online, since CBub's dates also passed by recently, but so far it does not seem to be happening. And I just want to say thanks. Even though I am craptastic at responding, I am reading off and on as I can manage.