Skip to main content

Moody McPherSeason

So 16th evening, there happened to be a party next door. There was a percussion instrument played briefly and I couldn't help but dance with the beat. To my pleasant surprise, there was dancing inside me too!

I noticed the same on 17th. Not that I was dancing, but there was music coming from afar, and the kiddo seemed to be tuned in.

On 18th we attended an event and there was live music with the orchestra playing a range of songs. I told my mum to look at my belly. I expected to see the same thing happen....it didn't!


We were sitting and the gift (we had taken) was in my lap. One side of the box was touching my belly, and I felt that kiddo kicked when the box was in touch with my belly...otherwise nothing happened, even when the song changed.

The band played a tune I am very fond of, and I began to hum gently to the tune....there are some lines that I love...and baby kicked with that....the song was not loud and full of crazy beats, but was on a little more melodious side, and the kid responded to that!

I am amazed at how responsive the kid is. 



(Image Courtesy: http://www.trymynuts.com/images/products/nobody%20baby%20300.jpg / Image not used for commercial reasons, and no copyright claimed by the blog author. And I am laughing at the name of the website.)

Comments

  1. Oh, that is just the sweetest thing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good deal - maybe you'll be able to soothe the baby with music.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't recall Ginny ever really responding to outside stimuli like that, but I kind of hope that Halfling 2.0 does. With Ginny, she would get super active, just as I was trying to go to sleep (at any time of day). At that point she would do the conga on my spleen. :)

    Glad to hear that Season is rockin' along!

    ReplyDelete
  4. lol, what a totally fun kid. :) Hope you are able to get that on video!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Maybe you'll both do Zumba with me some day.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome. Just awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  7. visiting from iclw.... i was here earlier this year also from iclw.... so happy to see you are doing well!!
    best wishes for your growing family! and a healthy and happy baby season!!
    xoxo
    iclw

    ReplyDelete
  8. :O What, what?? :O How did I miss this? Oh right, I haven't been reading for a while. Wow! :) K loved Simon and Garfunkel in utero. The kid still love grooving to music. Following along again and so excited for you.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Here from ICLW! I love how you used a quote from Dirty Dancing - my favourite movie of all times!

    ReplyDelete
  10. "Nobody puts Baby in a corner" Quite possibly my favorite quote. <3

    @StolenEggs - ICLW#82

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love it when my little one dances ;) He often does when I have the laptop on my lap playing itunes ;)

    ReplyDelete
  12. So, so excited for you.

    Happy ICLW week.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

I Should Have Known

...On the night of 19th when my breasts became hard and sore to touch, the nurses brought me hot water bottles rather than my baby. I should have known. ...Birdman was apparently away to Very Big City with our baby. Every SMS update sent to me about her after 16th Jan was fake. I was a donkey eating at his trough. I should have known. ...Visitors who came to see me in the hospital did not look me straight in the eye. I should have known. ...My mother sounded reluctant every time I asked her on a timeline on when my stitches would be cut and I could travel to Very Big City. I should have known. ...I grieved at how many pricks and tubes were affixed to my little baby while she lay cold and unfeeling at the bottom of an earth pit fatigued from all the effort she put into staying alive. I should have known. ...Family dropped clues on how oxygen deprivation could affect the brain. I spelt it out for them. I told them that Lola was my daughter even if she came out r-e-t-a-r-d-e-d from the o...

Season...

With very limited time and access to the netz, I just want to declare that Lady Season is here. She arrived last Wednesday, and I will someday in future speak of how due to SuperPed's preparedness a crisis was averted. I tend to have firework endings. Her with me, and my first chance of mothering is like a spray of cold water on my face. I am very sleep deprived. Apparently, wise birds said to me that I should sleep when the girl sleeps, but so far my body schedule and kid's schedule are haywire. I hope to be better adapted to this soon. It is tough for me to find net time as of now, and there are a couple of things I want to post online, since CBub's dates also passed by recently, but so far it does not seem to be happening. And I just want to say thanks. Even though I am craptastic at responding, I am reading off and on as I can manage.