Skip to main content

Lump in My Throat

Last night, there came a situation that brought out the cold dark seed that can emerge in my throat at times.

It doesn't bid well when one gets jolted-reminded that one was the last person to know of their own child's passing. The dogs passing the street did not know. The sounds I heard from the nearby house, signals of urban life and faceless bits of human dialogues, their speakers also did not know. Their not knowing did not make a difference to me.

But number of people who mattered to me, who I labelled as friends, close friends, family, close family knew of her passing away.

When a trigger shot my brain yesterday, I chose to go silent. I was on the brink of tears, but did not cry. I won't cry. Not in front of company of any kind...that is what I can hold from my friends, close friends, family, close family and so on.

I let that lump sit. A glass of water didn't dissolve it. My own steering of myself did. When that brooding sat perch, there was nothing I was aware or concerned of, not even Season. It was just me and that seed in my throat.

I think that is a reminder that will remain....there won't be an agenda in its emergence, but emerge it will.

We try so much to come out of mental knots and complexes we develop, atleast that is what the spiritual cleansing is about, but the mind gets attacked by new knots. I don't want to be anymore messed up.


Comments

  1. I hope in time the lump get less constricting.
    I wish I had something else more helpful to say.
    I am so very sorry that you have to bear this burden.
    Many hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hugs. Many, many hugs to you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is tough when it comes on you like a wave. I hope that time will help ease the pain. Hugs to you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That was heartbreakingly beautiful. Sending my love and hoping that the lump loosens just a little bit.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. ((hugs)) the lumps will come and go and come again. They feel awkward and difficult and sad, I wish they weren't for you.

    x

    ReplyDelete
  7. I wish there were no more knots for you. :(

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's going to be hard, if not impossible, to let that go. But I hope there will be a time that you can...

    ReplyDelete
  9. It is still so fresh...not even one year yet. I hope for you in time the knots will unravel, but it makes sense to me that they are still there now.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

I Should Have Known

...On the night of 19th when my breasts became hard and sore to touch, the nurses brought me hot water bottles rather than my baby. I should have known. ...Birdman was apparently away to Very Big City with our baby. Every SMS update sent to me about her after 16th Jan was fake. I was a donkey eating at his trough. I should have known. ...Visitors who came to see me in the hospital did not look me straight in the eye. I should have known. ...My mother sounded reluctant every time I asked her on a timeline on when my stitches would be cut and I could travel to Very Big City. I should have known. ...I grieved at how many pricks and tubes were affixed to my little baby while she lay cold and unfeeling at the bottom of an earth pit fatigued from all the effort she put into staying alive. I should have known. ...Family dropped clues on how oxygen deprivation could affect the brain. I spelt it out for them. I told them that Lola was my daughter even if she came out r-e-t-a-r-d-e-d from the o...

Season...

With very limited time and access to the netz, I just want to declare that Lady Season is here. She arrived last Wednesday, and I will someday in future speak of how due to SuperPed's preparedness a crisis was averted. I tend to have firework endings. Her with me, and my first chance of mothering is like a spray of cold water on my face. I am very sleep deprived. Apparently, wise birds said to me that I should sleep when the girl sleeps, but so far my body schedule and kid's schedule are haywire. I hope to be better adapted to this soon. It is tough for me to find net time as of now, and there are a couple of things I want to post online, since CBub's dates also passed by recently, but so far it does not seem to be happening. And I just want to say thanks. Even though I am craptastic at responding, I am reading off and on as I can manage.