Sometime last week, an ex-student e-mailed me asking for my whereabouts. He wanted to send me a book. I had not seen this fellow for almost two years, and here he was asking my permission for him to send a book.
I told him that rather than UsualCity, I was currently in City X, and he told me he could send me the book to the latter as well.
I received the books on Monday. On the box was the name of the online store from where he got the book. I was aware of the website, but had never visited it before.
I went to the website, and browsing through the categories randomly, I stumbled upon a title I had been looking for a long while.
I had a book of the Pancatantra tales growing up, and I loved the stories....years later, I found that I could teach some concepts to my students recalling stories from the same book I had read as a child.
Only, that I no longer had the book, and that I usually found books in the stores here that had a few stories rather than most or all of the stories in Pancatantra....Or the stories were for the sake of readability converted to toned down comics-format texts.
And then, I stumbled upon this! I ordered the book for myself. And I intend to read to Season the stories one by one every day, even when his only reaction currently amounts to stomping or kicking.
Oh, what a perfect treasure!
To read the Perfect Moments others have had, visit Lori here.


Oh, how I love it when you find something you'd given up on finding through serendipity.
ReplyDeleteThanks for this tip, too. I've put it on my wish list.
And it all traces back to your student :-)
How exciting! Just what a perfect thing to brighten your day and something you will think about every time you open that book to read to your baby. :)
ReplyDeleteI love that--finding something that you had forgotten that you wanted so badly!
ReplyDelete