Skip to main content

Drummin' My Fingers

And everything is a-ok.

We had a session yesterday for the scan, and had a good look. The baby weighs 281 gms. And the best part is that the placenta had moved away from the OS. I was relieved to know that.

The baby's left hand was bent at the elbow and touching the right shoulder, and we got a good view of the baby's face...

Armed with my anomaly scan report, I met SuperGyn today morning. Everything is fine for the moment.

Fetal Echocardiography has been scheduled for 22 weeks (precautionary measure).

I overheard a patient's attendant describe the patient's situation to one of SuperGyn's assistants. I don't want to reveal what the case was, but it just underlined how a basic awareness of our reproductive system can help anticipate and deal with avoidable heartache. It will not eliminate the pain, but will help in ensuring that time is not on futile pursuits.

Comments

  1. Yay for ok!
    I hope it continues on this path.
    Thinking of you.
    Mina

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am glad to hear that time is ticking with out many road blocks. I have tried commenting and cannot on my home computer. I am on a different computer and trying again...

    I am thinking of you, as always! (hugs)

    ReplyDelete
  3. UGH! It worked! Which is good, but my computer is giving me grief... hmmm. I will have to sort that out! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. keep it going on the right path!

    ReplyDelete
  5. i'm glad you got a to peek at the baby and that things are looking good :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm so glad to hear that things are going well!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So glad things looked good yesterday! Any word on the gender?!?!?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good news!

    I am amazed that you are continually privy to health information about other patients! That is absolutely forbidden here in the US, and we get pamphlets about our privacy rights from doctors and banks and credit card companies all the time.

    ReplyDelete
  9. That is wonderful news, each step is a small but definite step closer.

    ReplyDelete
  10. ALWAYS happy & grateful for a good report. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. So glad it went well! Echo was fun, too. An extra peek!

    ReplyDelete
  12. So glad things are going well for Season!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

I Should Have Known

...On the night of 19th when my breasts became hard and sore to touch, the nurses brought me hot water bottles rather than my baby. I should have known. ...Birdman was apparently away to Very Big City with our baby. Every SMS update sent to me about her after 16th Jan was fake. I was a donkey eating at his trough. I should have known. ...Visitors who came to see me in the hospital did not look me straight in the eye. I should have known. ...My mother sounded reluctant every time I asked her on a timeline on when my stitches would be cut and I could travel to Very Big City. I should have known. ...I grieved at how many pricks and tubes were affixed to my little baby while she lay cold and unfeeling at the bottom of an earth pit fatigued from all the effort she put into staying alive. I should have known. ...Family dropped clues on how oxygen deprivation could affect the brain. I spelt it out for them. I told them that Lola was my daughter even if she came out r-e-t-a-r-d-e-d from the o...

Season...

With very limited time and access to the netz, I just want to declare that Lady Season is here. She arrived last Wednesday, and I will someday in future speak of how due to SuperPed's preparedness a crisis was averted. I tend to have firework endings. Her with me, and my first chance of mothering is like a spray of cold water on my face. I am very sleep deprived. Apparently, wise birds said to me that I should sleep when the girl sleeps, but so far my body schedule and kid's schedule are haywire. I hope to be better adapted to this soon. It is tough for me to find net time as of now, and there are a couple of things I want to post online, since CBub's dates also passed by recently, but so far it does not seem to be happening. And I just want to say thanks. Even though I am craptastic at responding, I am reading off and on as I can manage.