Sunday:
Do you include the names of dead children in formal invites or greeting cards?
I was preparing the draft for my brother's wedding invite, and I added CheekyBub's name. Had she been alive, her name would have been on it without a doubt.
Then when I came down to writing the names from our family, I paused. I don't know if it is okay.
My deceased grandparents' name has appeared. I used the same logic to write CheekyBub's name.
Its just a draft....it will go through so many hands and eyes before it is approved.
I wonder how her name would be taken. Would they stumble and stop at the name?
Monday:
I am crazy about this little boy in the neighbourhood. He is called Z- and he is 3 years old. He is very naughty. So I kind of enjoy talking to him and being around him, except that I usually miss out on when he's out playing. Y'day he walked right in front of the door, and I came out of the house to speak to him.
Me: Z-, where are you going?
Z (still walking): I am going home. Me: But your house is that way. (the exact opposite of the direction he is taking).
Z: I am going hooooommmmme.
Me: Ok!
So I followed him and he reached his friend's house. Apparently all houses on the street are his home for him. He started calling out at the iron gate which was a bit tricky for him to open.
I opened the iron gate, and by that time, the inner door had been opened, and this kid (same aged) came out and climbed on the front gate.
Boy: Aunty, did you come to leave Z-?
Me: Yes.I turned around and started to leave.
Boy: Don't you love me?
I was shocked/surprised. I wasn't expecting such a profound volley coming my way.
Me: Of course, I do.
I walked back, opened the front gate and caressed his cheeks.
Me: I don't know your name.
Boy: My name is D-. Me: Okay, D-. Can I go now?
D-: Yes, And I will have my milk now.
I had this broad smile pasted on my face. I came back home and told the experience to everyone at home.
Good one there!
Sun - I hope your family decides to include Lola. I think it's so important to remember all those people who aren't with us at such significant times.
ReplyDeleteMon - That is so sweet. Three is my favourite age. Such independent little personalities but still so tiny and cuddly. :)
I have no idea about Sun. It's not something we do or did.
ReplyDeleteMonday was a lovely day, then. Glad to hear it. :-)
I don't have any advice for you on your Sunday question. It depends on so many things -- your family, your specific situation, etc. In my family we don't list family members' names on wedding invitations, but it seems like a lovely tradition and I agree with SassyCupcakes, I hope you're able to include her.
ReplyDeleteYour Monday story is about the sweetest thing I've ever heard! I bet you were just beaming!
I've often wondered about that (re Christmas cards) that names aren't included like that (usually. Not to say they shouldn't be AT ALL).
ReplyDeleteLittle boys in the neighbourhood sound cuteness personified
I would think that her name belongs there, but that's me, I think it's important for everyone to remember her...
ReplyDeleteWhat a cute little boy!
Ok... so thos little boys are too adorable! So cute!
ReplyDeleteSunday's a tough one tho. As you say, many people will have input on it, and they may have differing opinions, but if it were left just up to me, CheekyBub's name would be there.
That is just adorable. Little kids are just so cute.
ReplyDeleteI have no ideas about your invite situation. On our invitations we don't mention siblings and nieces/nephews, but we do mention parents and sometimes grandparents. Sometimes deceased people are on the invite and sometimes they aren't. My invite only had my mother and my mother-in-law mentioned (since our fathers had both passed on), but the program for the event which named all of the attendants named both of our fathers as well. I guess it all depends on your custom.
Awww Monday! lill boys are adorable... Sun is a little tricky.
ReplyDeleteThe story about the little boys? Adorable.
ReplyDeleteI hope they do decide to include your CheekyBub.
Sun - that is hard. I have a good friend who lost her son at 4 months and sometimes his name is included and sometimes it isn't. Though, if you ask her about her children, he is always mentioned.
ReplyDeleteMon - fun! Little boys are special. And definitely march to their own drummer!
Sun-I think if the idea is to list the names of those in the family, then CheekyBub was part of the family just as your grandparents were, albeit for a shorter amount of time. I hope all in your family see it that way.
ReplyDeleteMon-It's good to love and be loved.
Such a sweet story about the little boy!! :)
ReplyDeleteAbout Lola- if they can't add her to the invite, can they mention her in the wedding program? Or add something about her memory if just her name would cause difficult feelings? That is a tough one, and I know it would be up to the wedding couple in the family & friends I know. But it would be nice to have her somewhere. Maybe a little picture of her and the other cousin babies on a table by the guestbook or cards or something like that? If nothing else, you can wear a tiny ribbon/pin/butterfly in her memory.
Boys are so cute!
ReplyDeleteI hope they include her in the invitation if not at least in the wedding program. For my nieces wedding they had a special table with flowers, pictures and a beautiful poem for family members that had passed on. I was so happy to see Sami's picture there for everyone to see.
I hope your little girl is remembered in some public way at the wedding. She is part of the family.
ReplyDelete