Skip to main content

'Tis the Season

It was only after Monday's appointment that I let out a feeling. I would be 9 weeks on Thursday. It is Thursday today. I am 9 weeks.

On Monday evening, Season measured 8w5d. Lag bridged and overcome!

I am still adrift. The way I was soaked in CheekyBub's pregnancy is still not there. Honestly, there are moments when I am not conscious of the fact that I am pregnant.

My belly has popped. I had lost all pregnancy weight, but my tummy was still a bag of fruits, and it has rejoiced in going slam-dunk again.

In a few days from now, I will be off-work, but there are few things that need to be done before I leave, and so I am busy with that.

Frankly, I am very excited about going on the leave and I pray I would have no reason to join before the time is up unless I want to.

My appetite is wonky. But I do eat regularly. I love Java plums. And mangoes.

My skin has not turned oily and I am not losing hair like I was in my previous pregnancy.

And the cat is still not out of the bag in the office.

Comments

  1. Glad Season has caught up! 3 more weeks until the important tests, right?

    Will you let the office know or just let it be until you come back with a babe???

    Glad you are feeling well :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like things are going okay for now, that's good.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh that's good!! I'm sorry I've been a bit absent from commenting, but have been reading and thinking about you. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad to hear things are going smoothly at this point. Hang in there.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so glad to hear that things are going well for you. You're often in my thoughts.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Little S has caught up -wonderful. you are in my prayers..

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yes, so glad the news was good.

    Be easy on yourself. There is no "normal" or "should" for what to feel.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am so relieved things are going so smoothly. I can only imagine the slightly detached feeling is your minds way of protecting itself. I suspect it is completely normal for someone in your situation. {{{Hugs}}}, love, and prayers coming your way.

    ReplyDelete
  9. glad to hear things are looking good :) i didn't think about being pregnant 24/7 either, you can't really. i think you're doing great with everything.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I bet your skin and hair are gorgeous, no matter what.

    I am thinking of you.

    ReplyDelete
  11. So so glad things are looking good, I hope they keep looking that way. Thinking about you so much, and hoping so much for you and this little one. Hang in there.

    Glad you'll be going on leave soon too. That has to be a huge relief.

    ReplyDelete
  12. So glad you're all caught up! I hope you really enjoy your leave. You deserve it!

    ReplyDelete
  13. It makes me smile to read this. :) Hope is there, I read it between your words. Glad that physically it is going better right now. Emotionally, you just feel however you want and don't feel bad about it. Your emotions are YOUR emotions, and they aren't bad or wrong. They just are. Keep on growing, little Season!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Catching up is good - and eventually, you will catch up with your emotions too. They will feel like the fit the situation.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I hope things continue just like this.
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  16. You are doing GREAT. Hurray for 9 weeks, and hurray for catching up, and hurray for you.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh, thank God everything is fine with you and Season!
    Thinking of and praying for you.
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  18. So glad to see that little Season has caught up! Hoping that all is well and you are able relax soon.

    ReplyDelete
  19. congrats on your pregnancy!
    I am just a few days behind you - I am 9w3d today - and also have a little bump, but most days I have a massive bloat.

    Good luck with your pregnancy - I will follow you!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Thinking of you. I read this post a while back and was going to comment something profound, but...you see how that went.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

I Should Have Known

...On the night of 19th when my breasts became hard and sore to touch, the nurses brought me hot water bottles rather than my baby. I should have known. ...Birdman was apparently away to Very Big City with our baby. Every SMS update sent to me about her after 16th Jan was fake. I was a donkey eating at his trough. I should have known. ...Visitors who came to see me in the hospital did not look me straight in the eye. I should have known. ...My mother sounded reluctant every time I asked her on a timeline on when my stitches would be cut and I could travel to Very Big City. I should have known. ...I grieved at how many pricks and tubes were affixed to my little baby while she lay cold and unfeeling at the bottom of an earth pit fatigued from all the effort she put into staying alive. I should have known. ...Family dropped clues on how oxygen deprivation could affect the brain. I spelt it out for them. I told them that Lola was my daughter even if she came out r-e-t-a-r-d-e-d from the o...

Season...

With very limited time and access to the netz, I just want to declare that Lady Season is here. She arrived last Wednesday, and I will someday in future speak of how due to SuperPed's preparedness a crisis was averted. I tend to have firework endings. Her with me, and my first chance of mothering is like a spray of cold water on my face. I am very sleep deprived. Apparently, wise birds said to me that I should sleep when the girl sleeps, but so far my body schedule and kid's schedule are haywire. I hope to be better adapted to this soon. It is tough for me to find net time as of now, and there are a couple of things I want to post online, since CBub's dates also passed by recently, but so far it does not seem to be happening. And I just want to say thanks. Even though I am craptastic at responding, I am reading off and on as I can manage.