Skip to main content

Test Results

So, if you remember from this post, SuperGyn ordered a small battery of tests. All the results are now in. The last report to come in was that of APA Screening and it came on Saturday night.

TSH - Within range


Mean Plasma Glucose - Within range

Fasting as well as Post-Prandial Blood Sugar - Within range

Homocysteine - 15.64 µmol/L (Out of range; on the higher side)

And my APA Screening results are disgustingly normal. Lupus, I don't haz it...and Cardiolipin Antibodies and all that bling? I don't haz it either.

My PTT and Mixing Studies are within range and so is the DRVVT. One value was at the tip of the higher side but the normalized ratio is within range.

SuperGyn is out of town and will be back next week. I am going back to UsualCity tonight, so my mother is going to be showing her the reports.

In all, it means that I won't have to use heparin? Metformin and low-dose Aspirin are good enough? I don't know though.

The interpretation of my results would include the consideration of the results of CBC and the TORCH test I had gotten done in February.

I think, I am God's great mystery - a great revelation to the mankind that would happen only when the globe signs up for tap dancing lessons.

---

Tomorrow is the third blogoversary of WA?. Can't belt out anything more eloquent on that.




-----

Comments

  1. (*HUGS*) It's hard when the testing doesn't give much in the way of answers. I am glad nothing is "wrong", and yet sorry that it didn't give you any answers Wiseguy. Thinking of you, as always.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Strange how sometimes we want the doctor's to find something wrong with us just so we can get answers isn't it. I think in the long run, healthy is better than not healthy. Even if it doesn't answer all our questions.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Must be frustrating to say the least. Thinking of you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I still wish we had a definite "reason". Something to cure or something to treat. Something to blame.

    I'm sorry there are no answers for you and I wish 3 years of blogging was a joyful celebration with Lola.

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. 3 years... It's so strange when we see our life so concrete. That is, for me, one of the hardest parts of blogging. I am so "there" to archive and relive over these few years.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Some times normal is so not normal. I mean it is great to not have found any issues, but if there was something that you could point to or handle differently, it gives you an excuse to believe what is today!

    I hope you find peace in the 4th year of your blogging!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm thinking of you. I can imagine how you can be frustrated/confused/relieved at the same time.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy Blogiversary...

    Rather than being a mystery...I think you should call yourself an enigma. It sounds much more dark and brooding! :)

    Much love.

    Heather (www.thehopefulelephant.com)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think of you constantly and just send thoughts out to you so that you know that the universe has people in it that want GOOD things for you.
    I used to hate when they'd tell me that there was nothing wrong with me, at least a diagnosis is a place to start. But I am glad that YOU are ok.

    Like I said, thinking of you, beaming the LOVE to you.

    ReplyDelete
  10. UGH, it's so hard to NOT find something wrong at times. I hoping you have some answers soon ... not b/c it will make you feel better (i know nothing really will)... but damn, just to have some answers.

    Thinking of you...

    ReplyDelete
  11. I hope the 4th year of blogging brings you new and wonderful things. And, I wish you had some answers. {{{Hugs}}}

    ReplyDelete
  12. I wish there was something concrete that could point to a "why". :(

    ReplyDelete
  13. Like everyone else here, I wish you had concrete answers.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Ahhhh, so sorry you are normal. :( Answers, blame to place somewhere, would have been nice. I'm sorry. :(

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'm still so confused as to why you are on metformin. That drug only treats insulin resistance, so the two indications for it are either PCOS or diabetes, as far as I know.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

I Should Have Known

...On the night of 19th when my breasts became hard and sore to touch, the nurses brought me hot water bottles rather than my baby. I should have known. ...Birdman was apparently away to Very Big City with our baby. Every SMS update sent to me about her after 16th Jan was fake. I was a donkey eating at his trough. I should have known. ...Visitors who came to see me in the hospital did not look me straight in the eye. I should have known. ...My mother sounded reluctant every time I asked her on a timeline on when my stitches would be cut and I could travel to Very Big City. I should have known. ...I grieved at how many pricks and tubes were affixed to my little baby while she lay cold and unfeeling at the bottom of an earth pit fatigued from all the effort she put into staying alive. I should have known. ...Family dropped clues on how oxygen deprivation could affect the brain. I spelt it out for them. I told them that Lola was my daughter even if she came out r-e-t-a-r-d-e-d from the o...

Season...

With very limited time and access to the netz, I just want to declare that Lady Season is here. She arrived last Wednesday, and I will someday in future speak of how due to SuperPed's preparedness a crisis was averted. I tend to have firework endings. Her with me, and my first chance of mothering is like a spray of cold water on my face. I am very sleep deprived. Apparently, wise birds said to me that I should sleep when the girl sleeps, but so far my body schedule and kid's schedule are haywire. I hope to be better adapted to this soon. It is tough for me to find net time as of now, and there are a couple of things I want to post online, since CBub's dates also passed by recently, but so far it does not seem to be happening. And I just want to say thanks. Even though I am craptastic at responding, I am reading off and on as I can manage.