Skip to main content

Restoring

I was going to write a sonnet for my AF, but I did something so superb today that I need to *excited* share it.

I deleted my farm! Not from the earth, fellas - coz I don't own no inch of farming land on this planet. I deleted my Zynga driven farm.

I am so freed by it. I was sucked-obsessed with it and the promise of the second farm would have taken me down from knee-deep to neck-deep.

I played FV knowing I should be doing other things, and yet I remained hooked. I felt anxious when my crops were to mature, or things were ready to be harvested. I felt guilty when I actually started tending to it. Lately, I found myself glued to game feeds...it was crazy, I tell you.

I am feeling so good really.

And now comes the other restoration.

Today is CD3 and I began my Metformin and micronutrients again. Birdman will begin his micronutrients when he comes back to UsualCity.

Bleeding has been disciplined and I do not feel as ill-at-ease and incompetent at handling it like the February love I had received from it.

Comments

  1. Yeah!! I think this is a step into a healing space for you! I'm glad you are feeling ok to handle your AF. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Wiseguy, I am glad March is treating you better than Feb and that you are feeling released by your deletion.

    ((hugs))

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL, I have friends that have been sucked into FV - I had to straight up hide it from everything in my newsfeed to avoid getting obsessed with it as well. Good for you for deleting it! :)

    C'mon Metformin! Hoping this equalizes everything for you and gets you back on track.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good for you!!! I've never started those games because I dont particularly care for videogames in general, but I could SO easily get sucked into stuff like that that I have to avoid them!

    And, if you have the urge, I'd love to see a sonnet about AF ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can certainly understand the need to nurture and grow something to maturity, even if it's something virtual.

    And I can also appreciate resetting that urge to something more here and now. Kudos to you, WB.

    Glad you are feeling freer!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm so glad that are feeling a bit better in your space, minus a farm! Sometimes just taking a step in one direction can help reset a mood. I hope it continues!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey, good for you. I've never been interested in those FB games but I try to steer myself away from anything that seems like it's becoming an unhealthy obsession (apart from ttc of course!).

    I'm glad your hormones are behaving and you feel ready to look forward.

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. I had to delete my farm months ago for the same reason. Now I'm hooked on City.ville. Sigh.

    I'm glad AF has been gentler with you this month and hopefully the Met.formin will help this cycle move along.

    ((HUG))

    ReplyDelete
  9. Glad you hear you are having better days this month.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy to hear that you are feeling better this month.
    And good for you for giving up virtual farming, 'small' games are so addictive and time consuming...

    ReplyDelete
  11. Woot Woot!!
    I just realized the other day that I haven't been to my "zoo" in MONTHS!!! I couldn't believe it, I too was soooooooooo obsessed that everything else faded and I felt so bad about it, such a crappy wife and mother for it...

    Way to go girl for getting rid of that!!!

    AND woo hoo for processing and trying to find a way to heal and see positive again!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yay for positive steps. I hope the meds get things in line, and AF minds herself.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm so happy to hear that you're having better days. XXX

    ReplyDelete
  14. Read 2 posts back on www.kissesfromkatie.blogspot.com
    Gods grace...and how to viewmbad things that happen in our life.

    ReplyDelete
  15. This all sounds positive to me, and that can only be a good thing.
    Sending love.
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  16. Sending you love - all of this sounds wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Ditto to everything Lavender said. And I hope those micronutrients make their own fertile soil of the nonvirtual type.

    ReplyDelete
  18. MrsSpock and Lavender said it so well!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Kudos on being released from FV! Well done! Although I do recognise the need to have an obsession ... I go through this also. With games. Escapism, any reality is better than my reality, right? Right. Having said that ... I'd love to see you hooked on a puter game than FV!

    Glad that March is being kinder to you than Feb and that you're keeping that bitch AF in check.

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  20. I never got into FV or any of the others, but I know that my obessions run to blogs or DVR so I know of which you speak.

    so glad that March holds more hope and light than the last few months. Hoping your SPRING is on the way.
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  21. I understand the benefits of things like FV to get one through a tough time, but I, like others here have said, can be quite obsessive, so there are certain things I intentionally stay away from, like FV. Or scrapbooking.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

I Should Have Known

...On the night of 19th when my breasts became hard and sore to touch, the nurses brought me hot water bottles rather than my baby. I should have known. ...Birdman was apparently away to Very Big City with our baby. Every SMS update sent to me about her after 16th Jan was fake. I was a donkey eating at his trough. I should have known. ...Visitors who came to see me in the hospital did not look me straight in the eye. I should have known. ...My mother sounded reluctant every time I asked her on a timeline on when my stitches would be cut and I could travel to Very Big City. I should have known. ...I grieved at how many pricks and tubes were affixed to my little baby while she lay cold and unfeeling at the bottom of an earth pit fatigued from all the effort she put into staying alive. I should have known. ...Family dropped clues on how oxygen deprivation could affect the brain. I spelt it out for them. I told them that Lola was my daughter even if she came out r-e-t-a-r-d-e-d from the o...

Season...

With very limited time and access to the netz, I just want to declare that Lady Season is here. She arrived last Wednesday, and I will someday in future speak of how due to SuperPed's preparedness a crisis was averted. I tend to have firework endings. Her with me, and my first chance of mothering is like a spray of cold water on my face. I am very sleep deprived. Apparently, wise birds said to me that I should sleep when the girl sleeps, but so far my body schedule and kid's schedule are haywire. I hope to be better adapted to this soon. It is tough for me to find net time as of now, and there are a couple of things I want to post online, since CBub's dates also passed by recently, but so far it does not seem to be happening. And I just want to say thanks. Even though I am craptastic at responding, I am reading off and on as I can manage.