
The poster of this painting hung in my hospital room. I could tell easily that this was a Raja Ravi Verma, but had no idea who the lady was and the name of that particular painting.
As gorgeously exotic the painting is, I had another beautiful girl make an entrance in my life.
Lola was beautiful. She had my nose and forehead. She had Birdman's eyes and his lips. And she was not born bald like I was.
Her fingers were shaped just like Birdman's. Her cheeks were made for kissing.
I wish I could share the image of the woman I stared at for long hours with Lola and I can't.
[Image Courtesy: http://www.wikigallery.org/wiki/painting_202805/Raja-Ravi-Varma/Lady-with-Flower-Garland (Image not used for commercial purpose or for claiming any copyright on the same)]
I am so sorry for your loss. my heart breaks everytime I think of your baby girl. She is up in heaven with all the other angels
ReplyDeleteOh hon...Lola knows. It's not the same but she knows. I love you my friend and my heart is just breaking again for you.
ReplyDeleteDo you have any pictures of Lola? I hope so. ((hugs)) xoxoxoxo
ReplyDeleteHolding you close to my heart.
ReplyDeleteI just read Lola's story. I am so moved by what you went through, I couldn't read and not tell you that. You are an amazing woman, and although I never met her, I know that Lola was as well. My heart continues to go out to you.
ReplyDeleteThe unimaginable pain of your loss brings tears to my eyes every time I think of you. And I do so often. I wish there was something that could be done to ease your pain. I know there isn't. I read her birth story and I cried for you and Lola once again. I'm hugging you tight in my arms. I wish there was something.
ReplyDeleteA beautiful painting, but nothing as beautiful as Lola. Tell her about every beautiful thing you see Wiseguy. Keep her in your heart and tell her anything and everything. She knew you best and she knew she was loved.
ReplyDeleteHugs dear one... Hugs...
ReplyDeleteThinking of you often.
ReplyDeleteIt's complete and utter crap, and I'm sorry!! I want to believe that somehow you're sharing it with her right now.
ReplyDeleteSending you oceans of love!
I think your Lola was probably more beautiful than the woman in this painting. And I wish you could've sat and stared at her instead for hours on end...
ReplyDeleteI can only imagine how beautiful your Lola was. I wish we could have seen those kissable cheeks, too.
ReplyDelete***LOVE YOU***
Lola was the most beautiful. XXX
ReplyDeleteContinue to think of you and Lola.
ReplyDeletei so wish you could hold her...
ReplyDeletexoxo
I wish you had all those hours with your Lola....
ReplyDeleteI wish you could, too.
ReplyDelete