So this is the output of a brain that has no single thread to follow. I have found myself very emotional lately. I have been secretly sensitive as a person. I have cried over scenes and movies and songs and such, but these days I seem to have tears readily poised over my lower eyelids. It's them hormones, right?
In the baby shower there was a game - a gender predictor thing. Five items were hidden with a slip of paper kept underneath each of them. The woman is expected to lift one of the lids randomly and her first pick is supposed to be the gender of the baby she is expecting.
What I picked first was an outright feminine word. The lady who made me do it, asked me to lift all other lids randomly and then tried to soothe me with bull* that I had seemed to pick more male words than female words. I immediately cut her off by saying that for five items, if three items were male, it was obvious that more picks would be made towards the male side in any order. Ahem! It's logical, I suppose.
Anyways, at some other point (during my visit to City X) I was speaking to my SIL, and I let her know that I wanted absolute joy. If Kaiser was a boy, I wanted to be insanely pleased about it and if Kaiser was Lola, I wanted to be insanely pleased about it.
What people around me don't realize is that I am incredibly happy to just be - to just be pregnant, to just be expecting my child, to just be living through these days.
Anyways, I have already told my unborn what his/her name is. And Kaiser knows the name even when Birdman or my family or friends don't know.
^WiseGuy^
In the baby shower there was a game - a gender predictor thing. Five items were hidden with a slip of paper kept underneath each of them. The woman is expected to lift one of the lids randomly and her first pick is supposed to be the gender of the baby she is expecting.
What I picked first was an outright feminine word. The lady who made me do it, asked me to lift all other lids randomly and then tried to soothe me with bull* that I had seemed to pick more male words than female words. I immediately cut her off by saying that for five items, if three items were male, it was obvious that more picks would be made towards the male side in any order. Ahem! It's logical, I suppose.
Anyways, at some other point (during my visit to City X) I was speaking to my SIL, and I let her know that I wanted absolute joy. If Kaiser was a boy, I wanted to be insanely pleased about it and if Kaiser was Lola, I wanted to be insanely pleased about it.
What people around me don't realize is that I am incredibly happy to just be - to just be pregnant, to just be expecting my child, to just be living through these days.
Anyways, I have already told my unborn what his/her name is. And Kaiser knows the name even when Birdman or my family or friends don't know.
^WiseGuy^
Yes, for some people, ok, a lot of them, it is difficult to understand the joy of having a child, regardless of gender.
ReplyDeleteAs for the tears, get comfortable with them, they are here to stay. ;-)
i think it's a GOOD sign that you are more emotional. i say, ride the wave: it's a good one. and makes perfect sense to me that you'll be happy with the gender either way. perfect sense.
ReplyDeleteall good wishes for you : )
Mo
I find it sadly amusing how hung up people are on the gender of an unborn child. One of my BIL was actually VERY frustrated that we chose not to find out if we are having a he-halfling or a she-halfling.
ReplyDeleteAnd the emotions... they are par for the course. The goofiest stuff has made me teary over the the last few months. It's just what we get to deal with.
((hugs))
I am so tired of the "what are you having" question. I say girl, hubby says boy, but we are just thrilled to have a baby! And we don't want pre-determined gender assignments in uber- masculine clothes or uber-feminine clothes. That should be our child's decision down the line. It's okay :)
ReplyDeletePeople are dumb, in general. It's hard. So many times they want to FORCE a gender out of you---"oh you really want a boy"...or "OH, will you be disappointed if it's a girl?" STUPID. GAH.
ReplyDeleteKaiser or Lola will be fantastically loved.
Especially by me! ;)
I get to the point where I just get very sarcastic with people. :) I'm in the same boat, I'm so happy to be pregnant I don't care what the gender is!! Just a healthy baby is what I care about.
ReplyDeleteStupid hormones...
ReplyDeleteAnd back in the day, I had to endure a co-worker talk about her DISAPPOINTMENT at the news that she was having a girl. At the time (actually, now, also) I would have given anything for any baby and wanted to strangle her and her "oops!" pregnancy.
Kaiser/Lola is a lucky one to be loved so already.
hahaha! What do other people care what the gender of your baby is? I have never understood that. When we found out the gender of the twins, we got a lot of "ohh, 2 boys, better stock up on bandaids" and "I bet you're glad you are not having 2 girls." I never understood what those comments were about. I think people feel that their opinions are more important than they are. (Of course, I say that with a grain of salt since I just posted MY opinion on you blog--he he!)
ReplyDeleteRegardless, YOUR baby will be loved, loved, loved.
I can't believe you are already 26 weeks pg! Yay!!
Strange emotional hormones are certainly one of the joys pregnancy, your baby is lucky to be loved and so clearly wanted regardless of gender. I can never understand the number of people who really do want one gender, when being blessed with a baby at all is so hard for so many of us.
ReplyDeleteThe hormone roller coaster is all completely normal.
ReplyDeleteAs for finding out the sex of the baby, I absolutely had to find out but that was just me. I truly don't get why people are hung up on having one sex or the other or why people can't stand it if you chose not to find out.
and that is a lovely secret for you to have. :)
ReplyDeleteThe joy is just BURSTING out of this post. And I love that you and Kaiser are the only ones who know the name! :-)
ReplyDelete