Skip to main content

My First Labour Dream

I birthed Kaiser (in a dream, thankfully) on the night of 14th November. Of course, in my dream, the date and situation were very different.

I was in office and felt the baby coming. Next thing I know the baby was born...I remember it was in the rear end of an empty classroom on the ground floor (of the institute's building). I do not remember any pain...Also, I was smashing conscious enough to record the date of birth and time as November 28 and 0820 Hrs.

Kaiser was very healthy. In fact, by the afternoon, I had him sitting in my arms and I was moving around.

The peculiarities do not end there. Kaiser had a thin moustache line. He looked a bit like my father. I was telling everybody that Kaiser was due in February but he had been born early and look how healthy he was.

Kaiser had the weight and strength of a 5 month old. He was supporting his neck and sat well on my arm. And where did his clothes come from? I don't know.

The dream ended there.

Next day, I phoned up my mother to ask if November 28 meant anything to her, or had any significance (in our family such as somebody's birthday or anything of that sort), and so far she can't recall anything. Of course, I have not told her my dream...I will do it only after November 28th passes for sure (because for one, she would start flipping)....


^WiseGuy^

Comments

  1. Yay for absolutely bizarre preggo dreams. Did it totally spazz you out???

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aren't those dreams insane? I have had so many delivery dreams in the last few weeks. I actually have to remind myself when I wake up that the Halfling hasn't arrived yet.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So strange. Sounds like your dream-Kaiser was a super-baby. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very strange! Something that struck my about my pregnancy dreams were how vivid they were - I never seem to remember so much detail in my regular dreams.

    It would be a little strange to see a newborn with a mustache!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Huh, whatta dream... Honestly, sometimes I am really thankful that dreams are just weird dreams and that's that. After birthing the moustached 5 mo Kaiser, I think you are too, right?
    But I can understand how you felt when you woke up.
    28 will be behind you soon.

    ReplyDelete
  6. November 28th is my sons birthday, but I really hope Kaiser doesn't arrive then, that's a bit too soon. Labour dreams are funny, I know I had a few.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Prego dreams are so wild...I had one the other night where my Dad and his girlfriend kidnapped our baby...Very Crazy but it was so real....

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow. Glad you didn't dream about any pain. It's great to come back to your blog and read things like this. I have been on a hiatus. Happy ICLW

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

I Should Have Known

...On the night of 19th when my breasts became hard and sore to touch, the nurses brought me hot water bottles rather than my baby. I should have known. ...Birdman was apparently away to Very Big City with our baby. Every SMS update sent to me about her after 16th Jan was fake. I was a donkey eating at his trough. I should have known. ...Visitors who came to see me in the hospital did not look me straight in the eye. I should have known. ...My mother sounded reluctant every time I asked her on a timeline on when my stitches would be cut and I could travel to Very Big City. I should have known. ...I grieved at how many pricks and tubes were affixed to my little baby while she lay cold and unfeeling at the bottom of an earth pit fatigued from all the effort she put into staying alive. I should have known. ...Family dropped clues on how oxygen deprivation could affect the brain. I spelt it out for them. I told them that Lola was my daughter even if she came out r-e-t-a-r-d-e-d from the o...

Season...

With very limited time and access to the netz, I just want to declare that Lady Season is here. She arrived last Wednesday, and I will someday in future speak of how due to SuperPed's preparedness a crisis was averted. I tend to have firework endings. Her with me, and my first chance of mothering is like a spray of cold water on my face. I am very sleep deprived. Apparently, wise birds said to me that I should sleep when the girl sleeps, but so far my body schedule and kid's schedule are haywire. I hope to be better adapted to this soon. It is tough for me to find net time as of now, and there are a couple of things I want to post online, since CBub's dates also passed by recently, but so far it does not seem to be happening. And I just want to say thanks. Even though I am craptastic at responding, I am reading off and on as I can manage.