Skip to main content

A Little Clarity

I put in the following statements in my previous post, and I want to add a little clarity to them...

How I will move back from City X to here with Kaiser is a big question mark in my mind. I cannot simply say, "Hey, my maternity leave is over. I am going away. Okthanxbye!"

I do not plan to go back to work as soon as my maternity leave is over, and that is amply clear to my family, and that makes my ruse to return early even thinner.



This would be the calendar of events in the WiseGuy household commencing in second week of January 2011.


Mummy arrives around January 9.

WiseGuy attends office till January 11.

On 12th there is an out-of-town office trip that WiseGuy will skip.

On 13th there will be an off that WiseGuy will enjoy.

For 14th and 15th, WiseGuy will apply for a casual leave.

On 16th or 17th WiseGuy and Mummy will leave for City X.

Between 11th and departure, WiseGuy and Mummy will shop and pack and get the house organized a bit.

Reach City X and unpack.

In City X, WiseGuy will enjoy a few days of relative peace before Kaiser arrives.

{{{Delivery. And a Happy Kaiser.}}}

WiseGuy adjusts with Kaiser (and Kaiser adjusts with yours truly).

Few days at Mummy's place, get packing again and shift base with in-laws.

Time to get back to City X --------

'Oh, you spent b number of days with your mum, and you did not spend equal number of days with us.'/
'What do you plan? Money is not important. Resign from your job. Now Kaiser is the purpose of your life.'/
'How will you take care of the baby when you go back? If you do not plan to join immediately, why not stay longer and give us the deep pleasure of your company.'


The itinerary is the root of the two statements I made in the previous post. Sweet, no?


^WiseGuy^

Comments

  1. Oh, your in-laws sound just delightful! I wonder why you're not just doing as they say! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a really tough position to be in. Good luck getting it worked out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah. Family. There is never a right answer.

    I hope the answer that is right for YOU (and Kaiser!) becomes clear in the coming months.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope everything works out the way you want! Life is full of surprises (as you WELL know) but sometimes things just find a way (as you also WELL know). Good luck!

    ICLW #93

    ReplyDelete
  5. Its never simple is it?
    But I have no doubt you'll find a way to make it all work out. Whats important is that you and Kaiser are happy.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Here from ICLW :) Life sure gets lifey! Best wishes to you and your loved ones.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good luck with the in-laws and with their sure-to-increase demands on you and your time.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

I Should Have Known

...On the night of 19th when my breasts became hard and sore to touch, the nurses brought me hot water bottles rather than my baby. I should have known. ...Birdman was apparently away to Very Big City with our baby. Every SMS update sent to me about her after 16th Jan was fake. I was a donkey eating at his trough. I should have known. ...Visitors who came to see me in the hospital did not look me straight in the eye. I should have known. ...My mother sounded reluctant every time I asked her on a timeline on when my stitches would be cut and I could travel to Very Big City. I should have known. ...I grieved at how many pricks and tubes were affixed to my little baby while she lay cold and unfeeling at the bottom of an earth pit fatigued from all the effort she put into staying alive. I should have known. ...Family dropped clues on how oxygen deprivation could affect the brain. I spelt it out for them. I told them that Lola was my daughter even if she came out r-e-t-a-r-d-e-d from the o...

Season...

With very limited time and access to the netz, I just want to declare that Lady Season is here. She arrived last Wednesday, and I will someday in future speak of how due to SuperPed's preparedness a crisis was averted. I tend to have firework endings. Her with me, and my first chance of mothering is like a spray of cold water on my face. I am very sleep deprived. Apparently, wise birds said to me that I should sleep when the girl sleeps, but so far my body schedule and kid's schedule are haywire. I hope to be better adapted to this soon. It is tough for me to find net time as of now, and there are a couple of things I want to post online, since CBub's dates also passed by recently, but so far it does not seem to be happening. And I just want to say thanks. Even though I am craptastic at responding, I am reading off and on as I can manage.