Skip to main content

An Impression



There is this tree that I pass everyday...it is a huge tree...it grew to a significant height and then wilted and died.

Now it stands, dry and bare, and just represents that it had seen life and growth at some point...and survival.

I wonder what the residents of the house, the house in whose front yard the tree stands think of when they see the tree everyday...or do they register the fact that there is no shade or fruits that the tree bears. Maybe they think of chopping it off some day?

So, I pass the house and the said tree everyday, and on Monday morning, I saw these bright specks of green on its tall branches...the specks flew around and settled on neighbouring trees, swirled over to another branch or just casually moved on their perch.

The specks were not new leaves, they were parrots that seemed to be having some secret party on those branches.

For some reason, the tree that had no other value except the dry wood it is likely to offer when cut down, offered home to these birds.

I wonder if there are secrets to the tree's barrenness that a casual eye won't see?


^WiseGuy^





Image Courtesy: http://vintagefeedsacks.blogspot.com/2010/09/free-vintage-clip-art-free-halloween.html

Comments

  1. What a beautiful, thoughtful post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now I want to go read "the Giving Tree". Beautiful post.

    When I lived in the mountains of SoCal, we had a lot of dead trees due to drought and bark beetles. Some of these trees had been standing there for AGES, all bleached from the sun, nearly branchless, but majestic. They are officially designated as "habitat trees". Squirrels, birds, etc use them, and to tear them down would be a detriment. So they stay. Perhaps that's what those parrots are seeing?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this. Even the bare bones can give.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love, love, love this. Very thought provoking and insightful. I think a lot of us, who have felt like a barren, useless tree, will feel better after reading this.

    ReplyDelete
  5. beautiful.

    on another note, 2 nights ago i had a dream about you. i dreamed that you were in labour and that many women were with you in the room as support. i joined in. it was a magical thing and i felt honoured to help. and it all went well. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very beautiful and awesome post... thought provoking. Thanks for sharing this.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Makes me think...

    I like it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. This one is making me cry. Thank you for sharing your image.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

I Should Have Known

...On the night of 19th when my breasts became hard and sore to touch, the nurses brought me hot water bottles rather than my baby. I should have known. ...Birdman was apparently away to Very Big City with our baby. Every SMS update sent to me about her after 16th Jan was fake. I was a donkey eating at his trough. I should have known. ...Visitors who came to see me in the hospital did not look me straight in the eye. I should have known. ...My mother sounded reluctant every time I asked her on a timeline on when my stitches would be cut and I could travel to Very Big City. I should have known. ...I grieved at how many pricks and tubes were affixed to my little baby while she lay cold and unfeeling at the bottom of an earth pit fatigued from all the effort she put into staying alive. I should have known. ...Family dropped clues on how oxygen deprivation could affect the brain. I spelt it out for them. I told them that Lola was my daughter even if she came out r-e-t-a-r-d-e-d from the o...

Season...

With very limited time and access to the netz, I just want to declare that Lady Season is here. She arrived last Wednesday, and I will someday in future speak of how due to SuperPed's preparedness a crisis was averted. I tend to have firework endings. Her with me, and my first chance of mothering is like a spray of cold water on my face. I am very sleep deprived. Apparently, wise birds said to me that I should sleep when the girl sleeps, but so far my body schedule and kid's schedule are haywire. I hope to be better adapted to this soon. It is tough for me to find net time as of now, and there are a couple of things I want to post online, since CBub's dates also passed by recently, but so far it does not seem to be happening. And I just want to say thanks. Even though I am craptastic at responding, I am reading off and on as I can manage.