Just to update you on the whole fuss I made about the dipping Hemoglobin, here's the thing:
I switched my iron supplement!
The one I have been taking from the beginning of this pregnancy is Ferrous Fumarate IP (152 mg), and it has been replaced with Ferrous Bis-glycinate (60 mg). The kind advice came from my resident OB (aka dear mother).
Ferrous bisglycinate is a chelated form of iron.(Chelated means amino acids are attached to the mineral)
Hopefully things will get better. Also, I hope the new drug will permit me to not enjoy the benefit of mild acid reflux that stays with me for a part of the day. And oh, there is this evil hill rising on my forehead too...
And I am leaving you with You Learn (Alanis Morissette).
^WiseGuy^
I adore that song :) As of yesterday I am on 325 mg Ferrous sulfate (65 mg iron), and am dreading the ensuing constipation...but am praying it helps me. Good luck with your change!
ReplyDeleteHope the change in iron does it's thing!
ReplyDeleteI hope the new iron supplement helps you. My problem with iron has always been that it stopped me up! Hope you dont have that ugly side effect! BTW, thanks for all your support.
ReplyDeletereminds me to take my iron - i sure notice it when i forget to take my vitamins! hope the switch helps you.
ReplyDeleteToo bad you can't take linseeds, which are THE most effective means of fighting dreaded iron side effects. Think about stocking up on them for the post partum period, they were a life saver for me. No matter which way Kaiser comes, you will need help.:-))
ReplyDeleteHope you're well.
Hope the change in supplements takes care of the problem.
ReplyDelete