Nopes this post has got nothing to do with the expletives-riddled TV show of the same name.
First of all, a belated update on how Thursday (17w4d, officially) went for me.
My doc was leaving for a conference the next day and she had a jam-packed waiting room. Even though I made it on time, I had eight patients waiting before me. I was nervous and the waiting was a little bit hard.
Anyways, I had my turn and I was asked to lie down on the get-ready-for-an-ultrasound lovebed.
Few things from the ultrasound:
- Kaiser was doing well. Baby was again lying east-west, but h/she faced upwards. He/She kept his/her legs straight till Dr. BS poked him/her gently. He/She kicked back with both his/her legs. I had to see the movement. I was all lumps before that.
- The heart rate was 158 bpm. Baby weighed 187 gms.
- The liquor looked better. The report says: Adequate Amniotic Fluid.
- Kaiser measured 17w5d.
Also, my BP was down to 125/80 which is my best reading so far in the pregnancy.
I have to keep up with the resting, hydration and supplements. I cannot let this slip away.
I am also waiting eagerly to start feeling the movements...I guess in about a week or 10 days, it should start.
My niece and her parents were with us this past weekend, and that kept me away from my PC, and hence the blog.
^WiseGuy^
First of all, a belated update on how Thursday (17w4d, officially) went for me.
My doc was leaving for a conference the next day and she had a jam-packed waiting room. Even though I made it on time, I had eight patients waiting before me. I was nervous and the waiting was a little bit hard.
Anyways, I had my turn and I was asked to lie down on the get-ready-for-an-ultrasound lovebed.
Few things from the ultrasound:
- Kaiser was doing well. Baby was again lying east-west, but h/she faced upwards. He/She kept his/her legs straight till Dr. BS poked him/her gently. He/She kicked back with both his/her legs. I had to see the movement. I was all lumps before that.
- The heart rate was 158 bpm. Baby weighed 187 gms.
- The liquor looked better. The report says: Adequate Amniotic Fluid.
- Kaiser measured 17w5d.
Also, my BP was down to 125/80 which is my best reading so far in the pregnancy.
I have to keep up with the resting, hydration and supplements. I cannot let this slip away.
I am also waiting eagerly to start feeling the movements...I guess in about a week or 10 days, it should start.
My niece and her parents were with us this past weekend, and that kept me away from my PC, and hence the blog.
^WiseGuy^
All sounds perfect, great update :-)
ReplyDeleteGlad to hear all is going well!
ReplyDeleteHurrah for good news!
ReplyDeleteEnjoy your water and rest.
So happy to hear that the fluid levels have corrected. Keep up on those liquids and resting. Best you can do for you and Kaiser.
ReplyDeleteGlad to hear the baby is well!!
ReplyDeletemy MIL told me to lie flat on my back around 18 weeks and just wait 10 minutes to see if I could feel anything. I think i was between 17 and 18 weeks. So excited for you!!!
Yay for good news! And I think you are doing fantastically, as is Kaiser. Keep up with doctor's orders and grow, baby, grow!
ReplyDeleteHappy to read all the good signs. Yay!
ReplyDeleteWooohoooo...so glad your BP is behaving and the amniotic fluid levels are up! Great news.
ReplyDeleteGlad to hear that your fluid levels are up! Few!
ReplyDelete:)
Yay for better fluid levels! Hope you keep feeling good!
ReplyDeleteGlad the appoint went well and that things are looking good! Yay!
ReplyDeleteSo happy to hear all is well. You may feel the little one move sooner than you think... focus on that belly!
ReplyDeleteExcellent report!
ReplyDeleteMovement could happen anytime. Can't wait to hear about it. It is a magical feeling.
I hope you had a good time with family.