Skip to main content

Symptoms and Signs

This past Sunday and Monday have been super-rainy, and the aftermath of those days followed by sudden rise in temperature is a sweetheart cold that I have developed. So far, I am sneezing and blowing my nose (like a lady, mind you)... and that's that.

Where has sleep gone? On Monday night, I suspected I was on my way to insomnialand. I don't have major discomfort when I hit the bed. But I will turn sides, lie flat on my back, and yet, stay awake. Birdman has been called in for 'make me sleep' duties, and he has tried cuddling/ persuasion/ 'atleast-let-me-sleep' strategies so far. You have any ideas for him?

I slept late last night (around midnight) and woke up at near-daybreak for a pee call. I hit the bed and I knew the sleep was gone again. I started singing, and the poor man caught hold of me - stuffy nose and all and tried to pat me back to sleep. Good try there.

The one thing that is awesome is that with the clogged nose and all, I can still SMELL things...the smell of vehicle smoke, cheap booze and cigarettes, frying eggs, masala, burning incense sticks...it is all intact.

I love my tummy...I kind of stand and watch myself everyday while dressing up for work.

Hairfall is under control, and the skin is getting better...the oiliness has reduced substantially, and it feels more like it was before.

I still have my love for bread.


^WiseGuy^

Comments

  1. Sorry to hear about the cold, it's a bugger.
    You could try linden tree leaves tea (I believe it is also called lime tree). It's nice, aromatic, with a bit of honey and lemon, yum. And soporific. ;-) And absolutely safe for Kaiser. And might help with the cold. Feel better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. There are few things more frustrating than not being able to sleep. I hope this gets better for you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, the not sleeping thing sucks. There are nights I want to stab hubby just for being able to sleep, LOL. The cold going around is a beast, so try to rest and get better.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh no, insomnia is the worst! Sometimes a change of venue helps me--if I can't fall asleep I'll go lie on the couch till I start to drift off, then get up and go back to bed. Sounds crazy, I know, and I don't know why it works.

    Guided relaxation can help sometimes too--you tense your muscles for 10 seconds then release them, starting with your feet, moving up to your legs, then abdomen, then arms, etc.

    ReplyDelete
  5. ah, i'm a chronic insomniac - i sympathize. hope it gets better for you.

    congrats on being nearly halfway there! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I always said when I was pregnant that "I would rather be up with a fussy baby than to not be able to sleep during pregnancy." Everyone thought I was going to eat my words, but it was true! It was so hard being uncomfortable!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Please accept a virtual bowl of hot chicken soup with lots of noodles...or if you prefer vegetarian...please accept a bowl of yummy vegetarian udon noodles with tofu instead. :-D

    Oh, and a hug too.

    Oh, and a smile.

    Oh, and can I pat your cute tummy and say, "Hi Kaiser!"

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

I Should Have Known

...On the night of 19th when my breasts became hard and sore to touch, the nurses brought me hot water bottles rather than my baby. I should have known. ...Birdman was apparently away to Very Big City with our baby. Every SMS update sent to me about her after 16th Jan was fake. I was a donkey eating at his trough. I should have known. ...Visitors who came to see me in the hospital did not look me straight in the eye. I should have known. ...My mother sounded reluctant every time I asked her on a timeline on when my stitches would be cut and I could travel to Very Big City. I should have known. ...I grieved at how many pricks and tubes were affixed to my little baby while she lay cold and unfeeling at the bottom of an earth pit fatigued from all the effort she put into staying alive. I should have known. ...Family dropped clues on how oxygen deprivation could affect the brain. I spelt it out for them. I told them that Lola was my daughter even if she came out r-e-t-a-r-d-e-d from the o...

Season...

With very limited time and access to the netz, I just want to declare that Lady Season is here. She arrived last Wednesday, and I will someday in future speak of how due to SuperPed's preparedness a crisis was averted. I tend to have firework endings. Her with me, and my first chance of mothering is like a spray of cold water on my face. I am very sleep deprived. Apparently, wise birds said to me that I should sleep when the girl sleeps, but so far my body schedule and kid's schedule are haywire. I hope to be better adapted to this soon. It is tough for me to find net time as of now, and there are a couple of things I want to post online, since CBub's dates also passed by recently, but so far it does not seem to be happening. And I just want to say thanks. Even though I am craptastic at responding, I am reading off and on as I can manage.