Skip to main content

A Post that has no Agenda

# My latest craving is pizza.

# I have been quite well as such. But a point on my lower back now seems to be too eager to confirm its presence. Especially when I lie down on my back, it is as if the whole tension is concentrated on that one point. Thankfully, the pain disappears as soon as I turn and lie on my left/right side.

# Frankly, I appreciate that I am on the path of having kids later than sooner. Make no mistake, I am not appreciating infertility. I am actually happy that parenthood is not a blech-obvious-succession thing for me.

Case in point: A friend's friend X got married in December last year and she is due this December. X has still not adapted well with her new setting, but 'since she got married late, and had to have kids anyways', she actually did not think about whether or not to become a parent already. How can having kids be equated with the same ease as having laxatives for constipation?

She did not think of her reproductive choices, she did not consider whether she really wanted it, and she had no choices anyways.

# And I had a very strange dream on the night between Wednesday and Thursday.



^WiseGuy^

Comments

  1. Why would she not think of choices...I just don't get that. It is so weird to be on this side of the fence, right? Mmm, pizza sounds yummy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm with you in that I don't appreciate infertility but I do appreciate and value what it gave me...perspective, a true appreciation of what I have, the particular child I have, and especially the wonderful community I'm part of.

    ReplyDelete
  3. When I was preggers with J, I was on bed rest the entire time. The pizza place knew my voice on the phone and would say "Ok, Heather, give us about half an hour..." So embarrassing, but SO good! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. what do you think the dream might mean?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Infertility definitely forces you to evaluate what you really want and puts your wants and your possibilities in stark contrast, sometimes.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

I Should Have Known

...On the night of 19th when my breasts became hard and sore to touch, the nurses brought me hot water bottles rather than my baby. I should have known. ...Birdman was apparently away to Very Big City with our baby. Every SMS update sent to me about her after 16th Jan was fake. I was a donkey eating at his trough. I should have known. ...Visitors who came to see me in the hospital did not look me straight in the eye. I should have known. ...My mother sounded reluctant every time I asked her on a timeline on when my stitches would be cut and I could travel to Very Big City. I should have known. ...I grieved at how many pricks and tubes were affixed to my little baby while she lay cold and unfeeling at the bottom of an earth pit fatigued from all the effort she put into staying alive. I should have known. ...Family dropped clues on how oxygen deprivation could affect the brain. I spelt it out for them. I told them that Lola was my daughter even if she came out r-e-t-a-r-d-e-d from the o...

Season...

With very limited time and access to the netz, I just want to declare that Lady Season is here. She arrived last Wednesday, and I will someday in future speak of how due to SuperPed's preparedness a crisis was averted. I tend to have firework endings. Her with me, and my first chance of mothering is like a spray of cold water on my face. I am very sleep deprived. Apparently, wise birds said to me that I should sleep when the girl sleeps, but so far my body schedule and kid's schedule are haywire. I hope to be better adapted to this soon. It is tough for me to find net time as of now, and there are a couple of things I want to post online, since CBub's dates also passed by recently, but so far it does not seem to be happening. And I just want to say thanks. Even though I am craptastic at responding, I am reading off and on as I can manage.