Skip to main content

One Fused Out Post

I have too much to write and not enough time, so rather than posting separately and giving due honours to my ideas, I will just make a has-all kind of a post.


I - Flashback

We have a thing...mothers who drop something on their dress while eating sometimes quip that probably their kid is hungry.

Before I say it, let's just say that I am not really Bella Swan in the eating department. But cleanliness? Yep, maybe.

In August 2008, I was sharing some snack with a colleague and kind of dropped some tidbit on my dress. The fabric had a tidy splotch of oil from the drop. I quipped spontaneously, "Oh my child must be hungry."

My colleague rolled her eyes. She knew my stellar status. She asked, "Are you expecting?" I said 'No' and laughed it off.

Last Thursday, I and Birdman were enjoying ice-cream after our dinner, and I managed to have some chocolate drip onto my nightgown. I started smiling. I told him, "Oh Kaiser must be hungry."

I am so relieved that the second time ever that I uttered those words, I was on the family way and not making a fool out of somebody else.


---


II - Symptoms


- Skin is still very oily.

- I think the bump is 'high' rather than 'low'. Reminds me to click a picture of the belly again.

- Boobs are still changing shape.

- I have rediscovered the temper I once used to have. Maybe its the hormones, but I can't take anything (especially bullsh*t) easily. I flare up too rapidly.

- I had a particularly strenuous day y'day at work. Came home and discovered a whitish discharge. I have to not strain so much. I have to remember that.

- Bowels are in-control.

- My appetite (dinner-time) is now better. I am not eating more, but I am no longer not-feeling like eating.

- Fruits - still love them. And I prefer to eat the fruit whole rather than take fruit juices.

---

Mother came over today morning. She brought back lot of goodies. I am hoping to swaddle Kaiser in all the soft things she has brought back.

---

I have not really been active in the BlogLand for the past four days. I plan to catch up soon. Why? Because I want to.

Be good everybody!




^WiseGuy^

Comments

  1. Any updates we can get, you know we love them :) New photo, please :))))

    ReplyDelete
  2. If food on the dress of a woman means the baby is hungry, I will have some hungry babies one day! :)

    Glad you are well. Now take a new photo for us!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cute. My baby really is hungry all the freaking time. I'm always starving and it's terrible. *sigh* I really don't want to gain so much weight.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I also love these updates.
    What does it mean if a man spills food on his clothes?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thought I'd take a moment from our facebook poke-a-thon to check up on you and Kaiser! Glad that it's going so well. :-)
    x
    S

    p.s. its not oily, its 'glowing' - ha!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am so happy to hear all is going well.

    You'll be swaddling Kaiser in those softies all too soon!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just wait until the belly grows and getting closer to the table is no longer a manageable feat, the same applying to leaning closer to the plate - only THEN you will see how hungry Kaiser is. And at the same time you will find methods that truly work when stain removal is involved. ;-) Stay well, dear, just as you are now - you are in a very good place and it is nice to hear you talk about it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. oh, i had temper flare-ups during my first tri, too. it was SO bizarre because i'm possibly the least confrontational person you could ever meet. my targets were rude people, especially those who wouldn't give up their bus seats for the elderly or who wouldn't hold doors open for people in wheelchairs, etc. dh thought it was hilarious!

    you be good, too! treat yourself gently.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

I Should Have Known

...On the night of 19th when my breasts became hard and sore to touch, the nurses brought me hot water bottles rather than my baby. I should have known. ...Birdman was apparently away to Very Big City with our baby. Every SMS update sent to me about her after 16th Jan was fake. I was a donkey eating at his trough. I should have known. ...Visitors who came to see me in the hospital did not look me straight in the eye. I should have known. ...My mother sounded reluctant every time I asked her on a timeline on when my stitches would be cut and I could travel to Very Big City. I should have known. ...I grieved at how many pricks and tubes were affixed to my little baby while she lay cold and unfeeling at the bottom of an earth pit fatigued from all the effort she put into staying alive. I should have known. ...Family dropped clues on how oxygen deprivation could affect the brain. I spelt it out for them. I told them that Lola was my daughter even if she came out r-e-t-a-r-d-e-d from the o...

Season...

With very limited time and access to the netz, I just want to declare that Lady Season is here. She arrived last Wednesday, and I will someday in future speak of how due to SuperPed's preparedness a crisis was averted. I tend to have firework endings. Her with me, and my first chance of mothering is like a spray of cold water on my face. I am very sleep deprived. Apparently, wise birds said to me that I should sleep when the girl sleeps, but so far my body schedule and kid's schedule are haywire. I hope to be better adapted to this soon. It is tough for me to find net time as of now, and there are a couple of things I want to post online, since CBub's dates also passed by recently, but so far it does not seem to be happening. And I just want to say thanks. Even though I am craptastic at responding, I am reading off and on as I can manage.