Skip to main content

III

Dear K,

There is a way mothers can get on your nerves like nobody can. And yes, there is not one thing you can do about it. I took several years to understand and acknowledge it, but you must know what you should now get ready for.

When I saw you last time, you were sucking your thumb. That was so cute. Only that if that happens when you are out, that thumb would have to come out stat!

I went shopping for greeting cards on Sunday, and I ended up looking for and identifying things I want to buy for you - a cute heart shape pillow, and a baby book cum picture album.

Mummy was meditating and saw a young boy. She believes that she saw you. We will see about that. I want you to come out healthy and fine, and if you are a girl well, I will get to buy all the cute frocks that I only see and pass on.

Oh by the way, if you want to take one thing from me, take my smiling face. That is so pleasant!

Stay good baby!



^WiseGuy^

Comments

  1. I knew both mine were boys. Healthy is the best though. When do you find out?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your letters to Kaiser! So sweet!

    BTW - you asked about tea... no, tea itself isn't bad during pregnancy, but the iced tea I prefer is sweetened. Also, iced tea is known to contribute to kidney stones, and I've had a couple of small encounters with those bad boys in years past, and I don't want to go down that road while I'm baking the Halfling.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love these letters...and someday Kaiser will love them too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So sweet. BTW, before they have teeth, thumb sucking is a good thing. It enables them to self soothe when they're fussy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very sweet indeed.
    About that thumb - wait till you have a screaming baby and there is not a thing you can do that soothes him (or her) and you will pray for thumb sucking to prove that efficient. But until then, enjoy this wonderful time. And keep on writing letters. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have an image of Kaiser sucking his/her thumb and you promptly removing it - and getting a look to kill! heehee

    I wish Ninja would suck her thumb or use a pacifier. As smart as she is, she doesn't seem to know how to do these things!

    Congratulations on 15 weeks. Is it starting to feel real yet?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ah, yes, mothers. No one who drives me so crazy, and no one whose love I want more when I am hurting.

    ReplyDelete
  8. And you can't WAIT to be that annoying mother, right? I love these posts!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I hope your sense of humor is carried on with that smile, too!

    Interesting about your mother's meditation...

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

I Should Have Known

...On the night of 19th when my breasts became hard and sore to touch, the nurses brought me hot water bottles rather than my baby. I should have known. ...Birdman was apparently away to Very Big City with our baby. Every SMS update sent to me about her after 16th Jan was fake. I was a donkey eating at his trough. I should have known. ...Visitors who came to see me in the hospital did not look me straight in the eye. I should have known. ...My mother sounded reluctant every time I asked her on a timeline on when my stitches would be cut and I could travel to Very Big City. I should have known. ...I grieved at how many pricks and tubes were affixed to my little baby while she lay cold and unfeeling at the bottom of an earth pit fatigued from all the effort she put into staying alive. I should have known. ...Family dropped clues on how oxygen deprivation could affect the brain. I spelt it out for them. I told them that Lola was my daughter even if she came out r-e-t-a-r-d-e-d from the o...

Season...

With very limited time and access to the netz, I just want to declare that Lady Season is here. She arrived last Wednesday, and I will someday in future speak of how due to SuperPed's preparedness a crisis was averted. I tend to have firework endings. Her with me, and my first chance of mothering is like a spray of cold water on my face. I am very sleep deprived. Apparently, wise birds said to me that I should sleep when the girl sleeps, but so far my body schedule and kid's schedule are haywire. I hope to be better adapted to this soon. It is tough for me to find net time as of now, and there are a couple of things I want to post online, since CBub's dates also passed by recently, but so far it does not seem to be happening. And I just want to say thanks. Even though I am craptastic at responding, I am reading off and on as I can manage.