Skip to main content

The Ultrasound Times

Before anything, I really want to appreciate the lovely and wisdom filled comments you left me on my previous post. They brought me insight and I feel better about having spelt it out.

---

Last evening was my fortnightly appointment with Dr. BS. Chronologically, I was 11wk1d yesterday.

Kaiser measured 11wk4d!!!

I am really exasperated with keeping all the numbers intact really....everything still seems to be very fluid. But I loved my little champ for this.

Kaiser was flapping his hands and legs. I was amazed to see the growth spurt...from the tiny being that I saw last, Kaiser now resembled more like an actual baby. And I told myself that this was my uterus that was being visualized. I was watching...my baby!

I have planned to keep my calculations as per the chronological details only.

My prescription got modified a bit and the drugs I am taking will change from 6th August. One thing, the baby aspirin will continue till my eighth month.

My BP measured 140/84...slightly higher than usual.[my usual = 110/80]
---

One final question, ladies! Does the first trimester end when one hits 12wk0d or when one turns to 13wk0d?




^WiseGuy^

Comments

  1. Yay for getting to see your little Kaiser again! It really is astonishing when you get to see the baby changing so much!

    Your question is one I had, and I never actually got a clear answer. Different websites say different things, different books say different things, and different doctors say different things. I chose to go with 13 weeks as the start of the second trimester.

    ReplyDelete
  2. awwwwww! isnt it amazing. I went with the start of my 12th week as the beginning of the 2nd trimeste

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Kaiser. I don't love your blood pressure. You must have just been nervous and excited! ;) HUGS.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So exciting to see your little one! I can't imagine what that must feel like--so exciting and overwhelming.

    Keep yourself healthy and no guilt about resting. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay! Kaiser is growing and doing flips and being an overachiever! And making random strangers teary... May I join the collective AAWWWWWW?! ;-))

    I hope your high BP was just a weird occurrence and it gets back to normal soon.

    And I think 2nd trim starts on 13wk0d.

    ReplyDelete
  6. how wonderful! isn't it amazing, this early on, to see a whole baby swimming away?

    i've heard varying opinions as to when 2nd tri starts. my midwife told me it was the 12th week, i think. you are almost there!

    i'm so excited for you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Everyone has a different opinion on the real start to 2nd tri. I go by 13w 3d, which is basically 40 weeks divided by 3. In terms of being able to tell people and having a lower risk of m/c, I'd go with 12 weeks.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am so excited Kaiser is growing so well. Keep an eye on that BP.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awwww, kaiser is doing so well! I am so excited for you :) I always think 13 weeks, but I am anal about numbers and math. LOL. Either way, you are nearly there and doing great!

    ReplyDelete
  10. So glad the little one is thriving away- how amazing :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Go Kaiser go! And however you count it, you are almost at the second trimester.

    ReplyDelete
  12. grow kaiser grow! i am so excited for you. i think when you hit 12 weeks you are 2nd trimester.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

I Should Have Known

...On the night of 19th when my breasts became hard and sore to touch, the nurses brought me hot water bottles rather than my baby. I should have known. ...Birdman was apparently away to Very Big City with our baby. Every SMS update sent to me about her after 16th Jan was fake. I was a donkey eating at his trough. I should have known. ...Visitors who came to see me in the hospital did not look me straight in the eye. I should have known. ...My mother sounded reluctant every time I asked her on a timeline on when my stitches would be cut and I could travel to Very Big City. I should have known. ...I grieved at how many pricks and tubes were affixed to my little baby while she lay cold and unfeeling at the bottom of an earth pit fatigued from all the effort she put into staying alive. I should have known. ...Family dropped clues on how oxygen deprivation could affect the brain. I spelt it out for them. I told them that Lola was my daughter even if she came out r-e-t-a-r-d-e-d from the o...

Season...

With very limited time and access to the netz, I just want to declare that Lady Season is here. She arrived last Wednesday, and I will someday in future speak of how due to SuperPed's preparedness a crisis was averted. I tend to have firework endings. Her with me, and my first chance of mothering is like a spray of cold water on my face. I am very sleep deprived. Apparently, wise birds said to me that I should sleep when the girl sleeps, but so far my body schedule and kid's schedule are haywire. I hope to be better adapted to this soon. It is tough for me to find net time as of now, and there are a couple of things I want to post online, since CBub's dates also passed by recently, but so far it does not seem to be happening. And I just want to say thanks. Even though I am craptastic at responding, I am reading off and on as I can manage.