Skip to main content

Smoothing out the Kinks and Non-Kinks

* To watch the ticker progress to another day is such a blissful sensation. Way better than the ticker that pegged my attempt at ttc #1.


* I had to reveal in to another colleague. I was forced to do it so that I could get some legit reprieve. It was not my intention. I am just hoping for the first trimester to roll over so that I can officially go and inform my Director and let it out in open as such.

Anyways, she calls me 'Mama', whenever we are apparently alone. She is lucky that I am not feeling violent at all.


* My leak-safe colleague? Remember her? Well, a colleague poked me twice on my stomach and my blood boiled over. Seeing my change in expression, the colleague stopped, but Ms. Leak Safe started smiling. I just could not take her smiling. 'What are you laughing at?' was my question to Ms. Leak-Safe. She should have known better, but alas!


* My MIL has forbidden me to leave the house on New Moon days. Yep, you read the sentence correctly. Forbidden.

Till now two New Moons have gone by. On one of them I had taken an off anyways, and the last one was on a Sunday. But I find it very hard to explain it rationally to my office-folks as to why I am taking the day off. The root of the ban is in superstition. It has got nothing to do with what I believe. Yep.

I can do a Stakeholder Analysis for my pregnancy.


* Have added prunes to my diet. Plus doc added Cremaffin White syrup (a laxative) to my daily dosage. I need a break in the department. Please!




^WiseGuy^

Comments

  1. So love the Pg updates. I can't wait until you finish the first tri and can be all official!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh my gosh. I'll never see a New Moon without thinking of you again! That's hysterical! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very interesting about the ban! What is the rationale?! And what would happen if you broke the rule? :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was just about to write you, missy. This is one over-due update. You're lucky you're in a 'delicate condition', you know?! ;-p

    Hold on to prunes. They will be your reliable friend in need. And poking the stomach is stupid under all circumstances. Silly people...

    So good to hear you're well. Many hugs, dear.

    ReplyDelete
  5. yes, i'd like to know more about the ban!

    and i will never understand why anyone feels it's ok to poke pregnant women's bellies. rude.

    but it's good to know that things are going well. re: weeks pregnant, you're almost at double-digits!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Are you showing yet??? :-) When's your next ultrasound? Do you have a doppler? I'm going nuts here!!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yes, more info on what would be the consequences of breaking the ban please! Is it just that "bad things will happen."

    And poking of the belly? NOT COOL. Didn't her mother tell her to keep her hands to herself?

    Ahh, pregnancy-related problems: it either comes up too easily on the top end, or won't come out the other end. Sorry, TMI. LOL :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. Belly poking OMG yuck! No one has dared to poke me thank God! New Moon ban, like a bad omen or something? Can I just say how wonderful, awesome and amazing it is to read your updates my friend. So exited for you always. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  9. What's the superstition behind the ban from leaving the house on a new moon?

    I get a big grin on my face whenever I read your updates.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Im also in the club that wants to know about the New Moon ban..do tell..

    And belly poking!?!? Not even when Im 40wks PG please!!

    It is so great to hear (see?) your updates. Makes me smile everytime..and thanks for all your love over at my place..It means the world..And you're almost to double digits!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. holy moly, you are almost 10 weeks already???? So hard to believe!

    That leak-safe friend needs a little slap I think. Her seal has been broken.

    As for the no leaving the house on a new moon day, well I know mother in laws are generally hard to please but yours is making you really work for her approval isn't she????

    PS what on earth is that chinese commenter doing back here?
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Loving these updates. And I have found that sometimes presumed "leak safe" people are not so when they think it is ok to tell the secret.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

I Should Have Known

...On the night of 19th when my breasts became hard and sore to touch, the nurses brought me hot water bottles rather than my baby. I should have known. ...Birdman was apparently away to Very Big City with our baby. Every SMS update sent to me about her after 16th Jan was fake. I was a donkey eating at his trough. I should have known. ...Visitors who came to see me in the hospital did not look me straight in the eye. I should have known. ...My mother sounded reluctant every time I asked her on a timeline on when my stitches would be cut and I could travel to Very Big City. I should have known. ...I grieved at how many pricks and tubes were affixed to my little baby while she lay cold and unfeeling at the bottom of an earth pit fatigued from all the effort she put into staying alive. I should have known. ...Family dropped clues on how oxygen deprivation could affect the brain. I spelt it out for them. I told them that Lola was my daughter even if she came out r-e-t-a-r-d-e-d from the o...

Season...

With very limited time and access to the netz, I just want to declare that Lady Season is here. She arrived last Wednesday, and I will someday in future speak of how due to SuperPed's preparedness a crisis was averted. I tend to have firework endings. Her with me, and my first chance of mothering is like a spray of cold water on my face. I am very sleep deprived. Apparently, wise birds said to me that I should sleep when the girl sleeps, but so far my body schedule and kid's schedule are haywire. I hope to be better adapted to this soon. It is tough for me to find net time as of now, and there are a couple of things I want to post online, since CBub's dates also passed by recently, but so far it does not seem to be happening. And I just want to say thanks. Even though I am craptastic at responding, I am reading off and on as I can manage.