I would like to really really really thank everyone who has commented on the past few posts of mine...especially beginning from the June 8th post. For those of you whose e-mail address comes associated with the comment to me, I did hit 'Reply'.
However, there are quite a few of you (and several new bloggers for me), who don't have an associated mail id, and so I could not get back to you. But I hugely appreciate your cheering for me.
I would also like to acknowledge that some of you who commented have had it very very rough yourself very recently, and yet you came out to chirp with me. I am humbled by that.
--
Dr. BS has an assistant called Dr. M. This past week, every time I phoned up to possibly be able to meet Dr. BS, the receptionist would told me that I could just as well book myself for an appointment with Dr. M. The thing is I did not particularly like Dr. M.
Anyways, after I was ladled with another 'She won't be available today', I decided to call Dr. BS directly. I have her number, but was holding myself back for the fear of irritating her by calling her on her personal number.
Dr. BS would be available next week.
I feel very positive... I can hardly wait, but I need to wait anyways. I have decided to do so as peacefully as possible.
--
Our family already knows what is up with me. My mother is cautious, my father is thrilled and my bro likes it 'a lot'.
My in-laws are excited too. It seems I now have given them an agenda to muse on for all the coming months.
Plus apparently, ever since they have come to know, they have been receiving expected and unexpected cheques...and they consider the baby very lucky. No comments on that.
--
How many ultrasounds can I expect? Any ideas?
^WiseGuy^
Lola had a cardiac arrest on Jan 16, 2011 which she did not survive. I was kept in the dark.
I am glad you can get in next week :) Yay! Sorry you have to wait so long though!
ReplyDeleteAs for the u/s... every office is really different. I see an RE, so in the event of pregnancy I would have an u/s at 7wks, and if that went well I would see my ob/gyn at about 12wks. Most women just seeing an ob/gyn here wouldn't have an u/s until 12wks or so though, barring an incident warranting one earlier. Then no more until later in the pregnancy.
I had an ultrasound at 5w5d, then 7w5d, then 10 weeks (these all with the RE), then 12 weeks (with the OB when I was released) with J. Then the big ultrasound at 20 weeks.
ReplyDeleteI hope your wait is over soon, and you get to hear that wonderful heartbeat.
I've had 2 and I am just a little over 5 weeks...I will have another on the 28th, and again at 13 weeks, and again at 18 weeks...who knows if there will be anymore
ReplyDeleteThe waiting is nerve wrecking, but the positive note is that you will be able to see more and have a better idea next week. Which is always good.
ReplyDeleteI do hope you get as many u/s as you need. I was very spoiled by my doc & the wonderful insurance I have. The insurance lady whom I talked to actually told me that the mental health of a pregnant lady was as important as the physical one, so if an extra u/s kept the mum happy, they were happy, since one u/s was cheaper than a psych consult (and only one is never enough). ;-)) Felt so speshul, I did... But you are not in the old world now, are you, so it does not matter.
Anyway, resuming the waiting position. ;-)
I am so excited for you to get to see your little bean next week! :-)
ReplyDeleteI wasn't typical in my pregnancy at all. I had ultrasounds every two weeks for the entire length of my pregnancy! I have one mean baby book for the boys! (well, I would if I ever got around to putting it together. hehe)
I think that baby's lucky too! What a mom s/he has! ;)
ReplyDeleteSo glad you got through and you know it won't be much longer, now. :)
ReplyDeletehow cute about the cheques! lol
ReplyDeletei got 3 ultrasounds but the first two were because of my IVF'er status. usually in canada just one mid-pregnancy u/s is standard.
I'm glad you called and got in for next week...I hope the days go quickly for you!
ReplyDeleteAs for u/s, it depends on the doctor. I had a ton with the twins, but with Miss O. 6 years ago, I only had 3...one at 8 weeks, one at 20 weeks and another at 24 weeks.
Just wanted to stop by and say congratulations! I hope your journey to motherhood is a smooth one and the eventual end is everything you hoped for!
ReplyDeletex
I'm on pins and needles for your u/s!
ReplyDeleteI can't believe how patient you are being about waiting for the ultrasound. I like that your family is being supportive too, and I guess its only natural that your mother is cautious given what she does for a living. But I remain hopeful and excited for you, really lovely news. xx
ReplyDeleteI am soooo excited for you!! I can't wait!
ReplyDeleteUm yeah for checks! Well my open appointment for ultrasounds here is not normal, I am lucky LOL. I think the ladies above gave you a good estimate,and I think it can just depend. Oh WiseGuy you just don't know HOW HAPPY I am for you my friend, really and truly overjoyed man! xoxo
ReplyDeleteI'm glad you got through because I'm not sure how much longer I can wait.
ReplyDeleteI cannot wait to hear about appt. either.
ReplyDeletethis is what legends are made from, the illusive infertile who accidentally conceives naturally on an unmedicated cycle, CONGRATULATIONS!!!
ReplyDeleteHowdy from a fellow infertile! I'm so inspired by your all-natural miracle baby! That is so wonderful. :) I look forward to following along!
ReplyDeleteICLW #154
Hey Lady!
ReplyDeleteIt's been a while since I've been around to comment but I just had to say Congrats!! I know how long you've been waiting for this wonderful news. My thoughts & prayers are with you for a H&H 9 months!!
As for the u/s's, I think I ahd my first at about 6 weeks then the next at 8. I actually had quite a few throughout because of previous loss but those were a couple of the standard ones. The big one was at about 20 weeks.
Take care & keep us posted!
xoxo
MAK
So excited for you and can't wait to hear the updates.
ReplyDeleteYAY for positives! Congrats to you! Popping over from ICLW!
ReplyDelete