Mel proposed an informal online festschrift. Think of this as the most interesting delurking project that one could participate in.You can understand the project in full by clicking here, but in brief, the Celebratory Society is a way for you to tell me what my blog or actions mean to you. But this isn't about me--this is about you too. And I would love it if you returned to your own blog, started your own Celebratory Society post, added it to the main project list, and gave me the opportunity to tell you about...you.
I have been blogging my IF journey since 2008, and in all this while I have met many bloggers who have deeply impacted me. I sometimes wonder, how I would have coped up without the empathy of my online friends. It is obvious, that I would have developed some survival tactics, but being online and amongst you has really added valuable buoyancy to me. I feel understood, and cared for.
I would really like to also call upon my lurkers....I know you visit me often. I won't force you to out yourself, but do give me a chance to say'Hello!'.
^WiseGuy^
I get to be the first?
ReplyDeleteI knew that out of everyone, you would use the term festschrift in the post :-) Why? Because you are brilliant and erudite. You don't pick the low-hanging fruit words or ideas--you reach high and make the reader stretch with you. And for that, I'm always grateful.
I love the way you write, it always makes me laugh!!!
ReplyDeleteI love your comments and the way your personality shines through in everything you say. I love the insights you give me into your culture too!
ReplyDelete:)
You have a way with words that leaves me interpreting various meanings, all applicable, and all thought provoking. I don't always comment, but I always walk away thinking.
ReplyDeleteI also think you "get" me. The email you sent me while I was struggling meant a lot, though I never found the right words to reply.
I'm not a lurker despite my LONG absence from you blog. I agree with the other ladies, I love your writing. You make me think with every post, even if that wasn't your intention. You also make me a better person. The support you lend is immeasurable! Without you in my life, I don't even know.
ReplyDelete*HUGS*
Like those above, I love your writing. I love your thoughtfulness, and I love the support you give.
ReplyDeleteI'd love to know you in the physical realm, as well as in the cyber-realm.
I like that you are smart, kind and generous with your heart. These are qualities I really do treasure in a person. For a long time I thought that being smart outranks being kind, but now I know better. Smarts can leave you cold, kindness never. And it is so rare to find both these qualities in a person, that when I do, I do my best to hang on to that person and bask in their glory, hoping it would rub a bit on me as well.
ReplyDeleteYou are one of a kind indeed, my friend. ;-)
There is something worldly and exotic in your writing. I can tell you have a gentle spirit to go with your wisdom and big heart.
ReplyDeleteI'm so glad to share this community with you, and I am wishing you the very best on your journey to a family.
Oh, and I would LOVE to meet you some day. Wouldn't that be awesome?
I am so glad I found your blog. You are an incredibly talented writer and I love that you make me think. You are a wonderful support and such a good friend.
ReplyDeleteI'm still around ... quietly stalking you ;-)
ReplyDeleteMy favorite thing about your blog is the analogies you use, they are different than anything I would think of ... they make me smile.
You are always kind and caring- and I love reading your perspectives on things, they are always fresh and sometimes gives me a new way of looking at things
ReplyDeleteYou are indeed THE BEST commentor ever, you and Kristin that is. Your writing is amazing, you always get us thinking. You are such a great support to so many and I am glad we "know" each other. Although I still wonder where it is you live, is it India? xoxo
ReplyDeleteWanted to say I LOVE your sadists keep numbers badge, briliant! Here's to that changing real soon girl. LOLLLLLLLL
ReplyDeleteYou almost always email back a response to every comment I make- and I am in awe of that, because I know your readership is pretty large.
ReplyDeleteI love that you are so kind and caring. That you check up on me when I'm not around. I love that you can blog when you are at your highest of highs and lowest of lows. You are one fantastic lady!
ReplyDelete