Skip to main content

Showering in Sunshine and Idiocy

Okay, the nice news first!

The great news is that my thyroid friend's pregnancy is on course! The baby is fine. She would be due in early December.

***

While that thyroid friend finishes adding to her family (they won't be planning any more kids after this), I feel like I am still staring from the start line.

She got married after me. She had her first before me. She will have her second before me.

***

Our conversations will centre around among other things, her pregnancy updates and all. She has never actively asked about what I have been upto, on the kids front.

I feel like a monkey with a hundred caps. I can throw around a cap only if I see somebody else doing it, or I would just throw all my caps on a whim.

***

Well, for one thing, I did not share the news of my IVF or any of the IUIs with anybody including the thyroid friend.

Because I know that I may never talk about it without crying, or I am still reserved about it. I can talk on issues of interest, just not my super-failure at it.
***

*drum rolls*


A colleague has recently joined the TTC bandwagon. They had not been preventing, but had not be seeking it before the now cycles.

Well this stupid colleague discovered a pregnancy planner online, and she has been synchronizing the deed with her hubby on the basis of that chart.

So, first I had to sit through a meal where she and another colleague (who introduced her to the concept of the planner, another just-started champ) talked about how they did it when they did it.

It may be a fodder for a good laugh for my colleagues, but for me it is a fountain of internal sneer.

Anyways, she was supposed to test (Ooh...test!!!...the powerful peebalooza test...) on a certain date.

Next....(as in a few days later, meal forgotten by me already)

My name gets called.

I get up from my cubicle, and peer at the face that called out my name. At one end of the hall is an idiot holding a Whisper (yes...the sanitary napkin).

And she shouts out from that end "You must be so happy. Here is my result."

I decide to leave my dwarf fortress and walk down to the idiocy kingdom.

I am like: "Have you lost your mind?"

And she goes: 'Here goes my test...I would have been a mother tomorrow...booo hooo'


I walk back in sheer disbelief. I must have washed down a hundred cycles in the gutter, but at no time have I carried my Whisper like a medal of honour....Jeeeez!

And I think...


'You are so stupid that you must surely be a fertile.'



^WiseGuy^

Comments

  1. Regarding your friend with the thyroid problem: it is a terrible feeling to be left behind while others advance.

    ReplyDelete
  2. gah... how tacky and lame! Why do people have to be so stupid? And yes, I agree, that kind of stupidity = fertility.

    ((hugs)) for you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG.., thats a first for me to hear. xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Seriously? What a moron that chick is. Sorry you had to deal with that.

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Can I just get this straight, you're at work and a colleague is holding up her SANITARY TOWEL to let you know she isn't pregnant?????

    Excuse my french but FFS now I've heard it all.

    Completely speechless...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sweet word- sorry you had to deal with such idiocy. Ungh.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What?!?!

    What bizarre behaviour.

    I'd be tempted to get a few packets of sanitary towels and dump them on her desk...

    Tacky indeed.

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great news about your friend with the thyroid problem but I am so sorry you are feeling left behind.

    As for the lady at your the office, she's an idiot...no other explanation needed.

    ReplyDelete
  9. {HUGS}
    It really takes a wise guy to be happy for a friend while her own heart is breaking over and over again. I truly hope this is the last time you get to feel that wretched feeling of having been 'left behind'.

    As for the office incident - I agree. This kind of behaviour is so idiotic she surely MUST be fertile. I have such a strong feeling that she will provide so much material for future posts... Be strong, my dear.

    ReplyDelete
  10. And now I think I have heard it all. What a tool. Sorry you have to deal with that at work, although I don't know a good spot to deal with it.

    Glad your thyroid friend is on track. That part made me smile.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm happy to read about your friend. I'm so very sorry you are having those "left behind" feelings. Those are never any fun.

    WOW, your college is just too much for words and not in a good way. I can NOT believe she did that, how tacky and with no class whatsoever! So sorry you had to deal with that.
    *HUGS*

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh my god. How do people that stupid even figure out how to have sex in the first place? I am literally sitting here shaking my head while I type. What a fruit loop. And yes, she could only be fertile.

    Sorry you have to work with such fools. x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wait a minute, what? What? I had to read the part about the Whisper 3 times before it sank in. I am shaking my head in confusion and disbelief...

    I'm happy to hear about your thyroid friend, though, and I echo the others who say it takes a true and devoted friend to be so supportive of her when she is "moving on" before you.

    ReplyDelete
  14. What the frack? Are you kidding me? No way!! Too stupid to be IF, fer sure!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'm glad that things are working out for your thyroid friend but sorry that you have to deal with such tacky people at work!

    ICLW

    ReplyDelete
  16. You have an iron will to not have punched that woman in the face or at least told her where to stick her sanitary napkin.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

I Should Have Known

...On the night of 19th when my breasts became hard and sore to touch, the nurses brought me hot water bottles rather than my baby. I should have known. ...Birdman was apparently away to Very Big City with our baby. Every SMS update sent to me about her after 16th Jan was fake. I was a donkey eating at his trough. I should have known. ...Visitors who came to see me in the hospital did not look me straight in the eye. I should have known. ...My mother sounded reluctant every time I asked her on a timeline on when my stitches would be cut and I could travel to Very Big City. I should have known. ...I grieved at how many pricks and tubes were affixed to my little baby while she lay cold and unfeeling at the bottom of an earth pit fatigued from all the effort she put into staying alive. I should have known. ...Family dropped clues on how oxygen deprivation could affect the brain. I spelt it out for them. I told them that Lola was my daughter even if she came out r-e-t-a-r-d-e-d from the o...

Season...

With very limited time and access to the netz, I just want to declare that Lady Season is here. She arrived last Wednesday, and I will someday in future speak of how due to SuperPed's preparedness a crisis was averted. I tend to have firework endings. Her with me, and my first chance of mothering is like a spray of cold water on my face. I am very sleep deprived. Apparently, wise birds said to me that I should sleep when the girl sleeps, but so far my body schedule and kid's schedule are haywire. I hope to be better adapted to this soon. It is tough for me to find net time as of now, and there are a couple of things I want to post online, since CBub's dates also passed by recently, but so far it does not seem to be happening. And I just want to say thanks. Even though I am craptastic at responding, I am reading off and on as I can manage.