Do you remember this thyroid friend of mine? Sunday evening she called me to let me know that she is 7 weeks pregnant!!!
What I find very humbling is that I know the news even though it has not been revealed yet to her parents and in-laws. Her betas are not doubling like they should (as per her doctor), and she has been asked to come back on Wednesday (which is tomorrow), for an ultrasound.
All the very best to her!!!
What I find very humbling is that I know the news even though it has not been revealed yet to her parents and in-laws. Her betas are not doubling like they should (as per her doctor), and she has been asked to come back on Wednesday (which is tomorrow), for an ultrasound.
All the very best to her!!!
********************************
I finally nagged enough to get DH to his breaking point. I did a repeat of 'What if we do not have kids?' sooner than my usual frequency, and sent him in an emotional spiral. He begged to be never asked that question again. Ever.
I do not understand ever.
********************************
Has your IF research/doctor spoken of Oxidative Stress/ Gamete Optimization? What has he/she/article led you to think?
Embryo fragmentation occurs dues to oxidative stress (???).
^WiseGuy^
Sending prayers for you, your DH, and your friend...
ReplyDeleteOxidative stress? That's something that I haven't heard of before. (Not that I've done IVF, but I haven't read it on any of the IVF blogs I read) Did your doc say what can be done about it? Can it be prevented?
I hope your friends betas get back on track, that's scary when they aren't doubling correctly :(
ReplyDeleteNever heard of the oxidative stress thing... or stumbled upon it in the forums or anything... I haven't a clue...
Sorry about your DH having issues with the question (*hugs*) It is such a hard question.
Hope your friend gets good news.
ReplyDeleteI do not understand 'ever' either. I always react a la Tina Fey in such cases and I feel like the one pointed at in the picture with 'I'm with stoopid'. Does that translate to 'Don't wanna think about that 'cause it's scary' or 'Don't dare say that 'cause it's so not true'? I hope you find out the translation though.
I don't understand NEVER EVER AGAIN either. ;) xoxoxo
ReplyDeleteOnly ever heard of oxidative stress in my neuroscience lectures - but it makes sense that it would effect embryonic cell division.
ReplyDeleteEver- schmever.
Never, ever, EVER? Translation, please.
ReplyDeleteMy hubby has perfected the art of avoidance of tough conversations. It sounds like your Hubby may have taken a lesson from him.
ReplyDeleteFor me, it felt so good to be able to talk about it and get it out of my mind instead of carrying it around in my heart all the time. I guess men really are from Mars.
Just popping in to say Hi. I have been reading up as much as I can. The fundraiser is over and now I can get back to a life!
ReplyDeleteHope your friend's ultrasound turned out OK.
ReplyDeleteI know diddly squat about oxidative stress of embryos. Sounds very scientific.
Mr S rarely wants to talk about "the issue" as well. A man thing, I think.