Skip to main content

Hung Up

Someone in my immediate family bought me a magazine to which he subscribes regularly. It was just a normal general life magazine. But the magazine was not meant for a casual read. It had an article/advertisement of some rockstar fertility clinic with super stats.

Apparently, if you land there you will never come out unless you have a baby in your arms. Gee, thanks!

And I love to take inputs from people who otherwise never ask me anything, or enquire about my status or plans for a baby or two.



^WiseGuy^

Comments

  1. Perhaps 'he' needs a magazine with an ad for a prostate med or viagra or Hair Club for Men. Sheesh!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't you just feel special when someone thinks of you that way? :-)

    Mrs. Gamgee's comment reminded me of a male friend who was a bit overweight, just a bit; nevertheless, it was an issue for him. He also had thinning hair - another issue. (Now his hair is practically all gone.)
    So for his birthday he was given by a female friend a leather belt. Which was too small. This lady friend, knowing perfectly well his issues, instead of finding a gracious way out of this predicament, started telling everyone that 'that was the largest belt there is on the market', 'if that doesn't fit you, well, you have you order a special one', etc. Of course it was not the largest belt, she was just an idiot and it was the first time she ever bought a gift for a man.
    Anyway, he was very inspired to end the conversation this way:
    'OK, lemme have the hair scrunchie and the viagra pills as well, and be on your way!'
    At least he had no issue with the sense of humour. ;-)

    I hope you're all right.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Has the whole family decided they need to tackle your problem?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good Grief!

    You should have told him you already tried that clinic... UGH>

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ha, I like the idea of being locked in the clinic until you come out with a baby!

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. UGH. Did you ask him if he would pay for it? People are just clueless.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, that is special. So strange how everyone seems to think they have the answers to your problems, huh? Experts- yup ;) hehe.

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOL there's a 'helpful' person every step of the way isn't there.

    Where is this rockstar-no-leaving-without-a-baby-clinic? I may have to go there!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

I Should Have Known

...On the night of 19th when my breasts became hard and sore to touch, the nurses brought me hot water bottles rather than my baby. I should have known. ...Birdman was apparently away to Very Big City with our baby. Every SMS update sent to me about her after 16th Jan was fake. I was a donkey eating at his trough. I should have known. ...Visitors who came to see me in the hospital did not look me straight in the eye. I should have known. ...My mother sounded reluctant every time I asked her on a timeline on when my stitches would be cut and I could travel to Very Big City. I should have known. ...I grieved at how many pricks and tubes were affixed to my little baby while she lay cold and unfeeling at the bottom of an earth pit fatigued from all the effort she put into staying alive. I should have known. ...Family dropped clues on how oxygen deprivation could affect the brain. I spelt it out for them. I told them that Lola was my daughter even if she came out r-e-t-a-r-d-e-d from the o...

Season...

With very limited time and access to the netz, I just want to declare that Lady Season is here. She arrived last Wednesday, and I will someday in future speak of how due to SuperPed's preparedness a crisis was averted. I tend to have firework endings. Her with me, and my first chance of mothering is like a spray of cold water on my face. I am very sleep deprived. Apparently, wise birds said to me that I should sleep when the girl sleeps, but so far my body schedule and kid's schedule are haywire. I hope to be better adapted to this soon. It is tough for me to find net time as of now, and there are a couple of things I want to post online, since CBub's dates also passed by recently, but so far it does not seem to be happening. And I just want to say thanks. Even though I am craptastic at responding, I am reading off and on as I can manage.