Skip to main content

Still Singing

DH managed to be late from work last night. Really late...as in midnight late. By the time he hit the bed, both of us were too squished for any action.

I mumbled about the necessity of doing it and I think I went off to sleep mid-sentence.

However, we kind of made up this morning. My mother was dressing up to leave in the morning, and we were constantly aware of the movement happening in the house.

Something about the whole deal amused DH no end, and he was reminded of a movie - American Pie, with regards to it. I have not seen the movie, so can't really comment on it.


----Cut to about 1 hour hence----



My mother was making her parting comments, and she enquired about how long my DH would be having to bear such long hours (because it is so stressful). And she pointed out that I had been waiting for him specially last night.

DH ended up telling her that he had not been aware that it was so important to do it last night. Ha Ha Ha! I turned red completely, and hissed that Mummy did NOT KNOW this till the moment he opened his mouth.

Aaaaaargh!



^WiseGuy^

Comments

  1. lol. gotta love those moments!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL, that's is a great story. Put a smile on my face =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hee hee! Oh and I so have those nights where I say but we have to do it tonight and then fall asleep... what ya gonna do?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh holycow, it's glamourous, this IF thing isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am mortified. Or, I would be if the same conversation took place in my house.

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOL...poor you. Men!
    I also would be mortified.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my, red faces all around!

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ha ha ha ha. Well at least your mom will know that you are both trying your best! Hope that it works out this cycle because that would make an awesome and embarassing story for a kid some day.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lol! I'm sorry but this really made me laugh. Men sometimes!

    ReplyDelete
  10. nooooooo!!! really? ha ha ha!! I guess all you can do is laugh. Thanks for sharing, I needed a little chuckle!
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. ROFL...sorry sweetie but this made me laugh.

    As for American Pie, get it and watch it. You'll understand his reference and have a good laugh.

    ReplyDelete
  12. OMG! That is SO embarressing!

    ReplyDelete
  13. hahaha! OMFG.

    american pie is pretty funny if/when you're in the mood to watch a silly college comedy!

    Dare I say good luck??? :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. ACK! That was definitely an American Pie moment!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Ha ha ha! Classic husband/mother-in-law moment. :) I am late with my comment, but hopefully you are still singing today... just for the fun of it.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

I Should Have Known

...On the night of 19th when my breasts became hard and sore to touch, the nurses brought me hot water bottles rather than my baby. I should have known. ...Birdman was apparently away to Very Big City with our baby. Every SMS update sent to me about her after 16th Jan was fake. I was a donkey eating at his trough. I should have known. ...Visitors who came to see me in the hospital did not look me straight in the eye. I should have known. ...My mother sounded reluctant every time I asked her on a timeline on when my stitches would be cut and I could travel to Very Big City. I should have known. ...I grieved at how many pricks and tubes were affixed to my little baby while she lay cold and unfeeling at the bottom of an earth pit fatigued from all the effort she put into staying alive. I should have known. ...Family dropped clues on how oxygen deprivation could affect the brain. I spelt it out for them. I told them that Lola was my daughter even if she came out r-e-t-a-r-d-e-d from the o...

Season...

With very limited time and access to the netz, I just want to declare that Lady Season is here. She arrived last Wednesday, and I will someday in future speak of how due to SuperPed's preparedness a crisis was averted. I tend to have firework endings. Her with me, and my first chance of mothering is like a spray of cold water on my face. I am very sleep deprived. Apparently, wise birds said to me that I should sleep when the girl sleeps, but so far my body schedule and kid's schedule are haywire. I hope to be better adapted to this soon. It is tough for me to find net time as of now, and there are a couple of things I want to post online, since CBub's dates also passed by recently, but so far it does not seem to be happening. And I just want to say thanks. Even though I am craptastic at responding, I am reading off and on as I can manage.