Skip to main content

Blech...

...my mother plans to carry my file/records to another stalwart of her fraternity who is in a big-city. She plans to go see my recuperating aunt and she has fixed the appointment in consonance with the dates of the visit.

'Sure!' I said, 'But do not ask me to accompany you.'


I really don't care about that dodo's opinion. Mostly, he will peer on the file and go like this:



Yeah, everything appears to be normal. It is indeed surprising that it has not happened already. I think they should continue trying on their own. Statistics for couples with unexplained infertility say that...

OR

My mother will add the little 'but', and he would recommend that weight-loss is my key to becoming a super-fertile.

OR

He will express that there is a phenomenal new range of blood-hungry tests, that the patient must immediately undergo. Every prick takes my mother's daughter (aka me) closer to my baby.

OR

He will give his telephone number and ask my mother to make me call him, whenever convenient to me. He would of course, be very keen to discuss with me, everything first-hand.


I am sick of being randomly putted here and there....unless you are a prophet, please do not bother.

I can only bear my mother with this, because she is my mother, and I tend to feel some amount of discomfort in trying to ignore her. And I was pretty passive, when she told me this. I really do not care.

I am doing Clomid, Mother. I am trying this cycle. I am hoping it will work. Give me time.

And sometimes I feel that the amount of confidence I am vesting in my bod, and s#x is like, as if I am trying to get pregnant without any prejudices about how miserably-cipher it actually has been in the past.

I am confused. I want to believe. I think I can do it. I don't jump into treatments and pull out prematurely....Am I making sense?



^WiseGuy^

Comments

  1. Unexplained infertility sucks!! I can relate.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ohh, mothers!! they mean well. Mine gave me an article today that she found in a womans magazine that was titled "my miracle pregnancy, thanks to poppy seed oil". My mother was sure it would be some new idea i'd never heard of that would help me get pregnant. I took one look at it and said "this is for woman who have blocked tubes..." and she said "well whats wrong with trying it". hmmmmmmmm maybe because MY TUBES ARENT BLOCKED! Oh well, its the thought that counts.
    You make total sense, stick with the clomid, try it out and move on to the next plan if you have to. But stay positive, you are doing all the right things, unexplained IF is the monkeys ass.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are showing a remarkable amount of restraint in dealing with your mother. {{{Hugs}}} and, yes, you are making perfect sense.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Praying. Hoping. Believing.

    Mothers...ugh.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ditto Kristin. You are showing an amount of restraint that I do not think I could muster.

    You definitely are making sense.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am dittoing Kristin as well.

    I think you make perfect sense. It feels like there is a problem, but there is nothing anyone can pinpoint for you to ~fix~.

    I believe.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Perfect sense to me as well! Family, they mean well, but sometimes they just don't understand. They want to help, but feel helpless themselves. It is so hard when it is not a problem with an "easy fix." (((hugs)))

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's so hard. You want your mother to love and help and encourage you and then on the other hand it is just one more piece of assvice, but this time from a source that you can't ignore. Hoping that your current cycle comes up with some good news for you so you can get off this crazy merry-go-round.

    ReplyDelete
  9. You are SO making sense. Its crazy this road we are on and people try to help, giving us a number here, a super doctor to call there... but like you said she's your mother and how patient you are my friend. Not sure I could be as good as you. Remember 2010 is our year girl. xoxoxoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  10. Add me to the Ditto Kristin Club.

    I understand having to brace yourself for a trip to the RE. But it's rotten that you have to brace yourself to spend time with your mother.

    Hugs to you on both counts.

    And congrats on the 300!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Another person who is part of the "ditto kristin" club.

    How hard. ~hugs~

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ugh. I feel ya. It's like being pulled in two different directions, to have faith and hope, to pursue every avenue with enthusiasm and positivity OR to be cycnical (realistic?) about it all so you're not disappointed when it all amounts to nothing... like i said ugh. Sending hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  13. It is admirable that you are indulging your mother on this! She is obviously coming from the right place. Mothers can't stand to see their children suffering, wanting but not receiving... and this meeting is more about her than about you. She desperately wants to feel like she is doing something to help you through this.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Infertility sucks! It shouldn't be so difficult... it just gets to be draining. Thinking of you and praying that baby dust lands in your home (and mine)

    ReplyDelete
  15. I can understand her wanting to help but it certainly can't be easy to endure. Taking one cycle at a time is probably somewhat easier on the sanity than trying to plan down the road when you're still assessing your options.

    I really am sorry this is such a long and difficult road for you. I wish I could make it better and easier. All I can offer is a virtual HUG.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

I Should Have Known

...On the night of 19th when my breasts became hard and sore to touch, the nurses brought me hot water bottles rather than my baby. I should have known. ...Birdman was apparently away to Very Big City with our baby. Every SMS update sent to me about her after 16th Jan was fake. I was a donkey eating at his trough. I should have known. ...Visitors who came to see me in the hospital did not look me straight in the eye. I should have known. ...My mother sounded reluctant every time I asked her on a timeline on when my stitches would be cut and I could travel to Very Big City. I should have known. ...I grieved at how many pricks and tubes were affixed to my little baby while she lay cold and unfeeling at the bottom of an earth pit fatigued from all the effort she put into staying alive. I should have known. ...Family dropped clues on how oxygen deprivation could affect the brain. I spelt it out for them. I told them that Lola was my daughter even if she came out r-e-t-a-r-d-e-d from the o...

Season...

With very limited time and access to the netz, I just want to declare that Lady Season is here. She arrived last Wednesday, and I will someday in future speak of how due to SuperPed's preparedness a crisis was averted. I tend to have firework endings. Her with me, and my first chance of mothering is like a spray of cold water on my face. I am very sleep deprived. Apparently, wise birds said to me that I should sleep when the girl sleeps, but so far my body schedule and kid's schedule are haywire. I hope to be better adapted to this soon. It is tough for me to find net time as of now, and there are a couple of things I want to post online, since CBub's dates also passed by recently, but so far it does not seem to be happening. And I just want to say thanks. Even though I am craptastic at responding, I am reading off and on as I can manage.