Please Please Pretty Please do you remember the post where I told you my mother's plan to meet a bigshot doc in a big-ho city? And I pre-empted the responses I was planning to expect?
Well the Grand Union happened today, and the doc pulled out Card #4 in a mutated form.
He phoned me up, and told me that he had been through the papers, and he would like to please meet me personally (I am so shocked not) and preferably bring along with me the fellow who plans to father the brood (that will be tough, doctor).
The doctor apparently discovered that nothing major seemed to be wrong and also said something like:
And it appeared that my mother had managed to tell him how stuckheaded I would be at the idea of me making the pilgrimage to his shrine. I just told him that I would consider it, of course and yes, as of now, I have had a very hard time reconciling with the results of my oh-that-cycle in 2008.
I also let slip that I did Clomid this cycle and will be testing by/on February 2nd.
I kept the phone. I was pretty calm outwards....let's just say that since then today has been dedicated to gobbling down more food than is physiologically required by me.
It was when I was taking my bath that I realized that I should not be that worried actually. Come on, there is still hope. That is when the spiralling down stopped hugely.
I could be pregnant this very minute. Or the next month. Or the month after that. Bigshot is not God. There are no guarantees.
But no wait, till I don't test this cycle I can possibly live with the hope still, right?
----------------------------------------------------------
CM is back. Since yesterday, it seems to have spiked again. Does it happen to people in 2ww? Can anyone enlighten me on this? Please?
It is CD29 for me today.
----------------------------------------------------------
The awesome term you read in the title of the post has been coined by Mel@Stirrup Queens. I read it in her FB status update a couple of days back, but that time it had not hit me the way it hit me today. So, much thanks to her.
P.S. - Any input on the CM oddity front will be very welcome.
^WiseGuy^
Well the Grand Union happened today, and the doc pulled out Card #4 in a mutated form.
He phoned me up, and told me that he had been through the papers, and he would like to please meet me personally (I am so shocked not) and preferably bring along with me the fellow who plans to father the brood (that will be tough, doctor).
The doctor apparently discovered that nothing major seemed to be wrong and also said something like:
"...I want to treat you, not the papers..." (clapping and lewd noises...)
And it appeared that my mother had managed to tell him how stuckheaded I would be at the idea of me making the pilgrimage to his shrine. I just told him that I would consider it, of course and yes, as of now, I have had a very hard time reconciling with the results of my oh-that-cycle in 2008.
I also let slip that I did Clomid this cycle and will be testing by/on February 2nd.
I kept the phone. I was pretty calm outwards....let's just say that since then today has been dedicated to gobbling down more food than is physiologically required by me.
It was when I was taking my bath that I realized that I should not be that worried actually. Come on, there is still hope. That is when the spiralling down stopped hugely.
I could be pregnant this very minute. Or the next month. Or the month after that. Bigshot is not God. There are no guarantees.
But no wait, till I don't test this cycle I can possibly live with the hope still, right?
----------------------------------------------------------
CM is back. Since yesterday, it seems to have spiked again. Does it happen to people in 2ww? Can anyone enlighten me on this? Please?
It is CD29 for me today.
----------------------------------------------------------
The awesome term you read in the title of the post has been coined by Mel@Stirrup Queens. I read it in her FB status update a couple of days back, but that time it had not hit me the way it hit me today. So, much thanks to her.
P.S. - Any input on the CM oddity front will be very welcome.
^WiseGuy^
That's the thing with this weird IF journey Wiseguy, you just never know when its going to end and it could be this cycle or the next, you just don't know.
ReplyDeleteContinue to cling to hope!!!!
I have no clue about the CM oddity but I have hope for you that it is a sign of pregnancy! Fingers crossed. Will you go to see bigshot doc if this cycle is a bust?
ReplyDeleteHi there,
ReplyDeletelong time lurker now delurking.
I am Mina and I am 12w pg, in case you wanna stop by. Pg blogs ARE a tad boring, let's say.
Now, about CM and TMI. For me it was a pg sign. It being there when logically it should not have. I am not IF, but I lost a pregnancy in June. My cicles were a bit off after the miscarriage. I don't remember how it was the first time, but this time, it definitely was there and it was a sign (I realised it long after). And lubrication hasn't been a problem at all ever since, if you get my drift.
I hope from the bottom of my heart that it is also a sign for you. Fingers crossed. Best of luck,
Mina
Cling to that hope. Like Sharon said, you never know when it is going to happen.
ReplyDeleteNothing wrong with hope...hold onto it tight.
ReplyDeleteI've heard of increased CM as a sign of pregnancy...
*fingerscrossed* for you!
Holding on to hope for you - many you not even NEED the help of Big Shot Doc!
ReplyDeleteMy cycles were always full of CM weirdness . . . isn't that what CM is for?!?!
Hold onto to Hope and don't let go! I'll hold on to her, too!
ReplyDeleteAs for the CM, I always had...A LOT, shall we say?
crossing all things crossable for you!
*HUGS*
I cracked up when I saw the title through Reader. I'm glad I decided to start at the bottom of Reader instead of with the "A"s tonight.
ReplyDeleteI don't have a good answer for the CM question.
Not sure about CM but seems alot of people had it in their cycles and were PG. Let us hope, really hope, that you will not need to make the pilgramage to Dr. Amazings shrine. You are pregnant now wiseguy, i feel it. xoxoxoxoxo
ReplyDeleteI've got nothin' for you on the CM front. Holding out hope for you, though.
ReplyDeleteCan't help you on the CM front because Clomid dried me up like death valley, CA. Hope that you will get good results very soon.
ReplyDelete"I want to treat you, not the papers". Love it.
ReplyDeleteI hope that YOUR hope leads to a positive month. Plus getting to tell of all the doctors would be an awesome thing indeed.