Skip to main content

Musings: Benign and Envy-filled


I opened my refrigerator to find my stock of the pee-sticks at zero. On 26th, I will buy myself the customary devils, coz I have resolved to test every cycle, no matter how vague my chances are.

************************************

This past week has witnessed me packing like crazy. Neighbours from the previous building popped up at random, enquiring my need to move during those two days of packing/shifting.

One of the ladies was asking me about what other homes we had seen through for possible renting. I told her how we were stuck on finding a flat to live in rather than an independent house/bungalow for safety reasons (as DH tends to stay away from the city at sporadic intervals).

She nodded in complete agreement at the DH-away angle.

“And you don’t even have children, or that would have kept you occupied a bit.”


She also wanted to know why we decided to move into a three bedroom apartment.

Because I may reproduce.

“Oh no other flat was empty, and this location is quite nice.” (which is also the truth, btw)


************************************

I may be mocking myself like hell next December, but when I see this home I am living in now, I visualize my children in it.

I actually have already fixed which room will be theirs.

************************************

You are aware of the Wedding 1 and Wedding 2 I had been off to in the recent past.

In the Wedding 2, my heart was a little glum at the wedding procession. You see, in our weddings the groom rides a mare to come to the wedding venue, and *the toddler* in the house sits on the mare with the groom.

My BIL#1’s son has done the honours in three weddings (inclusive of DH’s wedding)!

My niece was too young, and when she was made to mount the mare in Wedding 1, she bawled like crazy, and so this nephew of mine had the privilege of sitting on the prime place for all the weddings.

If I had my kids on time, atleast one of them would have attended the ceremonies and occupied the mare’s back for a little while.

But they are not there.

I hope my kid will sit on the mare in my brother’s wedding.



^WiseGuy^

Comments

  1. I'm hoping the same for you...

    ((HUGS))

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope your new home sees many blessings come into your life. I also hope you get to see your child riding the mare at your brother's wedding.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like that you see 'children' pleural. I am hoping and visualizing the same for you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Is it too pushy to asked if you've tested yet? And I decided to start using "when" instead of "if" we have kids..So yay for you using "children" in the pleural. And thank you for your love and support..It means more then I could tell you..

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think it is perfect that you have rooms picked out.

    (((hugs)))

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

I Should Have Known

...On the night of 19th when my breasts became hard and sore to touch, the nurses brought me hot water bottles rather than my baby. I should have known. ...Birdman was apparently away to Very Big City with our baby. Every SMS update sent to me about her after 16th Jan was fake. I was a donkey eating at his trough. I should have known. ...Visitors who came to see me in the hospital did not look me straight in the eye. I should have known. ...My mother sounded reluctant every time I asked her on a timeline on when my stitches would be cut and I could travel to Very Big City. I should have known. ...I grieved at how many pricks and tubes were affixed to my little baby while she lay cold and unfeeling at the bottom of an earth pit fatigued from all the effort she put into staying alive. I should have known. ...Family dropped clues on how oxygen deprivation could affect the brain. I spelt it out for them. I told them that Lola was my daughter even if she came out r-e-t-a-r-d-e-d from the o...

Season...

With very limited time and access to the netz, I just want to declare that Lady Season is here. She arrived last Wednesday, and I will someday in future speak of how due to SuperPed's preparedness a crisis was averted. I tend to have firework endings. Her with me, and my first chance of mothering is like a spray of cold water on my face. I am very sleep deprived. Apparently, wise birds said to me that I should sleep when the girl sleeps, but so far my body schedule and kid's schedule are haywire. I hope to be better adapted to this soon. It is tough for me to find net time as of now, and there are a couple of things I want to post online, since CBub's dates also passed by recently, but so far it does not seem to be happening. And I just want to say thanks. Even though I am craptastic at responding, I am reading off and on as I can manage.