I can’t believe that I am at the brink of saying goodbye to this year. I think it has passed at incredible speed. 2008 did not end well for me. As I end 2009, I am not at a better status baby-wise, but I am emotionally at a firmer ground.
In 2008 end I was still reeling under the aftermath of the IVFw/ICSI cycle, and I believe that for quite a large part of 2009, I struggled with it – trying to understand, ignore, find closure, turn angry or just submit to it.
I can hardly remember crystal like what transpired in January, it is all hazy to me. I had planned for another IVF (as recommended by the doc) in March, but somehow I was not mentally prepared to do it. I put the date at August, and had the dictum from my research guide not come in, the cycle would have gone through. I was mentally and emotionally ready.
In September, I let go of a chance to do IVF in the city where I currently live. The place where I reside has reasonable medical facilities but is sub-optimal for IF treatments. Going upto the level of IUIs is okay here, and for that too I finally know the right doctor(s), but believe me, I had kissed too many toads in this city to finally find out the truth.
Anyways, my local doc was starting her IVF practice, and she thought I was a good ‘candidate’, but I refused to be a guinea pig, a first-trial dry run monkey.
I am a little sentimental, a little flinching-mode at my 32nd birthday today. Wasn’t this the age I would have had/started planning #2? Yes, that’s what my rational being was at 26. I am still doing the hop dance for #1. It is not a terrible tragedy. But I feel enormously bewildered at ‘God’s Plan’.
If I get an explicit message that says that I won’t ever have kids even that would mean that I could finally move on, but I keep getting signs that there is still hope for me. That is the awful part.
July and August were horrible for me in the sense that AF escaped me, and came back only after a lot of begging and some 10 days of Progesterone. It scared me like hell because my body had never acted up on me like that. And then when AF came, it did not leave till I had a medicine to make it stop, and I developed some kind of skin allergy that was painful and very embarrassing for me. I did one round of Clomid in that induced-AF cycle and it was a BFN.
August-end was also the time that I was put on Metformin and ASA, and I am still on those till date. July was a little cruel because I puked right through my ‘2ww’ and it was all for nothing. No infection was found, and no pregnancy was there.
Another special mention cycle for me was the April-May one. I was late by about seven days, had one HPT burning on one-line and mid cycle spotting. To think of it, I do not recall any mid-cycle bleeding episodes till date.
This year sharpened my senses about my body in few regards, and bore several gifts…
…a recurrent cyst in my right ovary, had not recurred after being aspirated prior to stimulation in the IVF cycle.
…my uterus’s fixed retroversion status changed to better.
…I got more in tune with my CM changes.
So here’s looking at you 2009. Even though I would have loved to chronicle the antics of a four month old at this point of time, I know that you were an year of recovery from a continuous downward spiral of faith with regards to my capacity to bear children.
I feel hopeful, little less confused, and more empowered. I have always felt that the best winners are not the ones who do well on a fluke, but those who have seen the other sad side of the finish line and can hence stand taller when they cross over.
^WiseGuy^
Your strength & hopeful outlook give me hope as well. Thank you so much for your words & support..it means a whole lot.
ReplyDeleteWe will stand taller on the other side. Taller, stronger, prouder, more peaceful.
ReplyDeleteAnd if I read correctly, I wish you a happy birthday and la multi ani in Romanian. :)
I wish you nothing but THE best in 2010! I'm glad you got to know your body better in 2009, I just wish it wasn't under these circumstances. I wish you a very happy birthday full of laughter and wishes that come true. And cake, of course!
ReplyDelete*HUGS*
I hope 2010 is nothing but wonderful for you! Happy, Happy Birthday dear lady.
ReplyDeleteYou are a wonderful, brave, intelligent and remarkable person Wiseguy. I'm so sorry that 2009 was such a beat down and so full of hard and sad times. Your comments and support for me have always been so very appreciated and you are my hero for the support and love you give others. Wishing you all the best in 2010.
ReplyDeleteI'm so glad you have been able to glean some "lessons" from 2009. On to bigger and better things for all of us in 2010.
ReplyDeleteOne amazing thing that 2009 brought me was getting to know you. So glad I'm bringing you into 2010 with me.
And happy birthday, again. I am ALMOST a year older than you (minus about a week).
Despite all the pain you are able to see clearly and state what you have learned. I will be 32 in Feb. I am a mom and thankful but I know that I had planned on being done having children at this point. Now I have no idea when I may be "done." More and more I picture my husband and I being older parents. There is nothing wrong with that; it's just different. I may have a new baby at 38. I have just accepted that. Check out my latest post. I too am welcoming 2010 with a new outlook. Happy Birthday.
ReplyDeleteBTW- I was married in September 2003, TTC since April 2004.
ReplyDeleteThat's great you are in a much better place than a year ago. I think it takes a lot of strength to say that, and to gain something from so much adversity. I'm not so good at that. :)
ReplyDeleteHere's to bigger and better 2010 and the decade!!
I love your last paragraph. So powerful!
ReplyDeleteI wish in my heart so many things for your 2010. And your 32nd year!
Happy Belated Birthday! Wishing your 2010 brings you your heart's desire!
ReplyDelete