Skip to main content

Show and Tell: Bouquets that Foster Relations



The bouquet is very special.

Do you remember I had written a while back about my aunt's 75th birthday?

Well, my mother and lot of my aunt's family made the trip to celebrate her birthday, but one particular aunt could not (she had an eye surgery in the offing).

My 'absent' aunt had also not been able to send a gift and while conversing with my mother on the day-before she spoke of how bad she felt for completely missing it out.

The venue for the birthday celebration was a farmhouse tucked in the outskirts of a city. The evening before the birthday, my mother secretly spirited in a bouquet, and wrote a card, and had it 'delivered' on the D-day.

Till date, my dear birthday girl believes that the bouquet had been ordered from across the oceans and delivered here. She was so happy to see that bouquet! Her smile on receiving the flowers made the day even more beautiful.


^WiseGuy^




The rest of the class is soaking sunshine here.

Comments

  1. Good thinking on your mom's part! That bouquet is lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful flowers...very sneaky mother of yours--I would watch out for her. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely thing for your mother to do. Like mother, like daughter, Ms. Sneaky :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. How lovely... the flowers and the story!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a wonderful gesture. Truly moving.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That totally shows how the thought is what counts. How sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those are so beautiful! I love this story, totally brings a smile to my face.
    *HUGS*

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fantastic. How nice that your Mum could do such a lovely thing and bring the absent Aunt to the day.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a lovely gesture! I'm so glad the birthday girl was made to feel so special, the absent aunt was able to "participate" and your mom was able to create both scenarios :D

    ReplyDelete
  10. "Thinking of you" gifts are special, no matter which end of them you are on!

    ReplyDelete
  11. that is a great story. How special.

    ReplyDelete
  12. How sweet, and what a beautiful bouquet! Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. How sweet, and what a great story :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. That was so thoughtful of your mother! The flowers are lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a great heart your mother has.

    ReplyDelete
  16. That is so awesome! Beautiful too.

    ReplyDelete
  17. What beautiful flowers gathered together into this bouquet! Small gestures, no matter for what reason, are so special.

    I'm trying to gaze into the background of the picture, looks like a lovely farmhouse too!

    ReplyDelete
  18. lovely flowers and a cute story to go with!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

I Should Have Known

...On the night of 19th when my breasts became hard and sore to touch, the nurses brought me hot water bottles rather than my baby. I should have known. ...Birdman was apparently away to Very Big City with our baby. Every SMS update sent to me about her after 16th Jan was fake. I was a donkey eating at his trough. I should have known. ...Visitors who came to see me in the hospital did not look me straight in the eye. I should have known. ...My mother sounded reluctant every time I asked her on a timeline on when my stitches would be cut and I could travel to Very Big City. I should have known. ...I grieved at how many pricks and tubes were affixed to my little baby while she lay cold and unfeeling at the bottom of an earth pit fatigued from all the effort she put into staying alive. I should have known. ...Family dropped clues on how oxygen deprivation could affect the brain. I spelt it out for them. I told them that Lola was my daughter even if she came out r-e-t-a-r-d-e-d from the o...

Season...

With very limited time and access to the netz, I just want to declare that Lady Season is here. She arrived last Wednesday, and I will someday in future speak of how due to SuperPed's preparedness a crisis was averted. I tend to have firework endings. Her with me, and my first chance of mothering is like a spray of cold water on my face. I am very sleep deprived. Apparently, wise birds said to me that I should sleep when the girl sleeps, but so far my body schedule and kid's schedule are haywire. I hope to be better adapted to this soon. It is tough for me to find net time as of now, and there are a couple of things I want to post online, since CBub's dates also passed by recently, but so far it does not seem to be happening. And I just want to say thanks. Even though I am craptastic at responding, I am reading off and on as I can manage.