Skip to main content

Just Passed By


# Thursday, October 15, 2009

I woke up to a live dream. I baked a cake for my daughter's first birthday and was discussing whether to ice the cake or not with my husband. I was not in favour of the icing, because I thought the cake looked beautiful even minus that, and my hubby thought that it would look even better with the icing.

But I remember the little girl distinctly. She had a full head of black hair, she was tiny and delicate looking and had a light wheatish complexion. She was so light to carry. In fact, she was smaller than the size of an average one year old. And she had a name: A-.

I actually woke up happy.


^WiseGuy^

P.S.:
1. I do not bake cakes, for the lack of knowing how to bake them.
2. I have never had named children in my dreams, and the name A- is not in my consideration list at all.

Comments

  1. If I still had faith in signs, I'd say that was a damned good one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely dream. Whether it means absolutely anything or not, at least it was a nice little gift you received that made you happy. And I am very happy for that.

    P.S. Sorry for my absence. As of lately, I royally sucketh at commenting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love dreams like that. I love that you described her complexion as the color of light wheat. I love that she had a name. I see that dream as a wonderful gift. You better start learning to bake cakes Wiseguy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. what a lovely dream. i love dreams like that, full of little details... i would take it to be a sign of good things to come.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dark-haired girls and birthday cake, what a delicious dream to awaken from. I hope you get to live that dream soon.

    :o)

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a beautiful dream. Hope is still alive in you, I would say. I am so glad it left you happy. That is also hopeful.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I had a dream sort of like that once. The image of the little girl is so clear to me, I can't help but cling to it on my rough days. I'm not one to put a lot of stock in dreams, but it's one dream I won't ever forget.

    Hang on to that image!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great dream to have. I always dream of others children but never of my own. I think this dream bodes well.

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ditto Kym.

    I love those sweet dreams that make you want to go right back into them.

    Here's to your subconscious, which is connected to All.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very interesting . . .

    And the best dream to wake up from. I hope is was less of a dream and more of a preview.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love dreams like that...

    Praying it comes true for you!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I believe in signs. I'd hang on to that dream.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I always love having dreams about my children, even though I haven't met them yet. Glad it made you happy.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I don't know if I believe dreams are signs anymore, but maybe it contains that bit of hope to keep you going...

    I can't believe you've never baked a cake!

    ReplyDelete
  15. i must say that i do believe in dreams. i hope yours comes true for you.

    don't bake a cake - if it turns out well, people will expect you to do it all the time, even when you don't want to!

    ReplyDelete
  16. The dream came from inside you... it is there. And one day, please God!, will be realized.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

I Should Have Known

...On the night of 19th when my breasts became hard and sore to touch, the nurses brought me hot water bottles rather than my baby. I should have known. ...Birdman was apparently away to Very Big City with our baby. Every SMS update sent to me about her after 16th Jan was fake. I was a donkey eating at his trough. I should have known. ...Visitors who came to see me in the hospital did not look me straight in the eye. I should have known. ...My mother sounded reluctant every time I asked her on a timeline on when my stitches would be cut and I could travel to Very Big City. I should have known. ...I grieved at how many pricks and tubes were affixed to my little baby while she lay cold and unfeeling at the bottom of an earth pit fatigued from all the effort she put into staying alive. I should have known. ...Family dropped clues on how oxygen deprivation could affect the brain. I spelt it out for them. I told them that Lola was my daughter even if she came out r-e-t-a-r-d-e-d from the o...

Season...

With very limited time and access to the netz, I just want to declare that Lady Season is here. She arrived last Wednesday, and I will someday in future speak of how due to SuperPed's preparedness a crisis was averted. I tend to have firework endings. Her with me, and my first chance of mothering is like a spray of cold water on my face. I am very sleep deprived. Apparently, wise birds said to me that I should sleep when the girl sleeps, but so far my body schedule and kid's schedule are haywire. I hope to be better adapted to this soon. It is tough for me to find net time as of now, and there are a couple of things I want to post online, since CBub's dates also passed by recently, but so far it does not seem to be happening. And I just want to say thanks. Even though I am craptastic at responding, I am reading off and on as I can manage.