Skip to main content

Scar If HPT Navel...

Q: How many brunettes does it take to change a light bulb?

I plan to POAS on either 22nd or 23rd . I strongly contemplated whether I should whisper my plans so loudly lest I jinx my chances, but I know that if it has to happen it will, and if it does not have to happen, nothing will make it fall in place. So here it is, my royal plan for the whole universe to know.

And I am glad that I will be away on the weekend for a short trip to J, because that will leave me with little time to ponder over the impending event.

I found the navel scar of my laparoscopy irritated. I kind of scraped the peeling skin with a nail, and it just got worse. I have sloshed my navel with Aloe Vera lotion. My belly button is spouting aloe vera.

A strange situation befell me today evening. I was at a chemist’s buying myself a couple of HPTs, and one of the brands he gave me read – Unwanted. The other brand is my usual – Makesure.

I actually bought one Makesure and one Unwanted. The latter was cheaper. And before I could zip my bag…I returned the Unwanted and the received change and bought another Makesure. I would not forgive myself for testing on a HPT that is named Unwanted.

How can a wanted pregnancy be tested on Unwanted?

A: Four; One to think about the existentialism of light particles, second to unscrew the light bulb, third to consider the ethical way of disposing the retiring bulb, and the fourth one to phone up a friend to bring a new light bulb on the way to the house.



^WiseGuy^

Comments

  1. Buy the Unwanted one and pee on it. Per my mother, in her recent unhelpful conversation that has since limited my contact with her, these things usually happen when you least expect or want them to. Perhaps this is your missing link?

    Excuse my bitterness for a few days, will you? Pretty please?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Unwanted sounds very negative. Dont blame ya. BTW when did you have laproscopy ? Missed reading about it. Hope the scar heals soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can hardly believe that there exists such a brand as Unwanted. Amazing what the advertising execs come up with.

    I shall be stalking you.

    :o)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wouldn't have been able to by an HPT called Unwanted either.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'll bet the marketing person for naming "unwanted" was a guy -- not that women aren't in a situation to deal with an unplanned pregnancy, but I doubt many would be so harsh in their namesake purchases. I dunno. It's the EMO pregnancy test. It is black with green lines? Is it digital and have the words "You're totally screwed" or "dodged a bullet"? That's really trippy. Are you making this up Wiseguy? Well...I know you're not, but that is just a little too weird for me. There's a frickin' product for everyone. Good for you that you didn't support their crappy idea.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my, is that for real? Is there really a brand called "Unwanted"? Wow.

    The brunette joke, LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  7. A bizarre marketing concept to be sure.

    I'm hoping for you.

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. My life would often be easier if I could just turn off my thoughts for a while. But, then, it would not be my life.

    Hugs to you. Am feeling frustration that I can do nothing more and am feeling like the proverbial broken record in my comment leaving here.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Who on earth would name an preggo test Unwanted? I bought 25 cheap, "early pregnancy tests" on Ebay for 6.95.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am with the first commenter.... maybe that is the missing link!! Heck maybe I need to mail-order a couple of those from India for myself!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I actually like the idea of a pg test brand named Unwanted (though I would not use it myself, considering my current baby-wanted situation).

    I think it's a bit of marketing genius to if they are trying to reach out to those people for whom a positive test would not be welcome news. My 18-year-old-and-terrified-I-am-pregnant self probably would have bought that test.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yes, Unwanted was one NOT to pee on! I love IF Optimist, then's take on it!

    I hope you enjoy your weekend. Take lots of pictures and break in that beautiful camera of yours!
    *HUGS*
    P.S. love that joke!

    ReplyDelete
  13. No WAY is there a pregnancy test called "Unwanted."

    Seriously?

    Me too, loving IF Optimist's comment. :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Unwanted!?!

    Unreal.

    I'm with IF Optimist...had to be a man.

    Hope the navel feels better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Definitely stick with the Makesure. The Unwanted must be for high schoolers and crackheads who easily get knocked up.

    Wishing you good thoughts with prayers for a BFP this week!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

I Should Have Known

...On the night of 19th when my breasts became hard and sore to touch, the nurses brought me hot water bottles rather than my baby. I should have known. ...Birdman was apparently away to Very Big City with our baby. Every SMS update sent to me about her after 16th Jan was fake. I was a donkey eating at his trough. I should have known. ...Visitors who came to see me in the hospital did not look me straight in the eye. I should have known. ...My mother sounded reluctant every time I asked her on a timeline on when my stitches would be cut and I could travel to Very Big City. I should have known. ...I grieved at how many pricks and tubes were affixed to my little baby while she lay cold and unfeeling at the bottom of an earth pit fatigued from all the effort she put into staying alive. I should have known. ...Family dropped clues on how oxygen deprivation could affect the brain. I spelt it out for them. I told them that Lola was my daughter even if she came out r-e-t-a-r-d-e-d from the o...

Season...

With very limited time and access to the netz, I just want to declare that Lady Season is here. She arrived last Wednesday, and I will someday in future speak of how due to SuperPed's preparedness a crisis was averted. I tend to have firework endings. Her with me, and my first chance of mothering is like a spray of cold water on my face. I am very sleep deprived. Apparently, wise birds said to me that I should sleep when the girl sleeps, but so far my body schedule and kid's schedule are haywire. I hope to be better adapted to this soon. It is tough for me to find net time as of now, and there are a couple of things I want to post online, since CBub's dates also passed by recently, but so far it does not seem to be happening. And I just want to say thanks. Even though I am craptastic at responding, I am reading off and on as I can manage.