Skip to main content

So I should be glad because your life sucks too?

A little background info: This girl Xo, is the daughter of very close family friends of my parents, and has also been a student of mine at some previous point of time. She got married into a filthy rich family right out of her graduation. Recently saw her pics on Facebook, and I thought she looked gorgeous....the transformation from an average college going girl to a gracious lady of the house! And I commented the same to my mother - "Xo looked gorgeous".

Now the fukdum: Now if I said "Xo looked gorgeous", I meant that Xo looked gorgeous. I did not mean:

a. Xo looked gorgeous, but look at me...bwahabwaha...I am so ugly, bloated, farting blown up.

b. Wow, she has got everything...a rich husband, a beautiful home and great clothes and jewellery.

c. Her life is so great, and look at me.

None of the above thoughts crossed my mind ever.

Now the fukdumer: Xo was told by some a$$h0le doctor (counselling skills are a frivolity) in a Big-City, that she will never be a mother of her own biological kids. Adopt.

And the fukdumest: My fortnight back comment and the last diagnosis got back to me like an evil fog. My mother went like -

"You should never compare yourself with others". Did I?

And, "Everybody has got problems, even if we cannot see them from the surface". Ahem! Spare me please! I have never subdued or blown out of proportion my problems versus others.
I am considered more frustrated than I sometimes actually am.

And I am pragmatic enough to know that everybody has a rotten apple.

But let's look at Xo, shall we?

She went in for fertility testing six months TTC.

Xo is 23 right now. Textbook says that age is on her side.

Her main cause of sub-fertility is established (severe MFI) and she is still left with some other tests. She did not go doctor to doctor, protocol to protocol, hope to hope.

My mother has already opened up to the pain of IF and will make sure that Xo goes into the right hands.

Xo does not have any financial limitation that can restrict her access to expensive fertility treatment.


{My mother was actually Xo's mother's OB/GYN. Xo's younger bro is a fruit of my mother's medical care}

It took me two years to frecking convince people to believe that there was a problem with me.

Now my mother is ready and responsive to the idea of fertility challenges in people she did not suppose to expect in the first go.

I think Xo is lucky....because she was saved 24 cycles of frustration, and can join the path to healing and a baby faster than me.

There mother, I was not comparing earlier, but I just got down to it.

Now I can be critiqued.


^WiseGuy^

Comments

  1. Complete fukdummery from your Mama. WTF is she thinking to translate your words like that???? Boo to her (with respect).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Boo to the whole fukdummed thing! (great word!)

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have just added Fukdum to my vocabulary. Sorry for XO - IF sucks whoever you are. Having a mother who is an OBGYN must be hard!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mothers and daughters - sometimes so complicated. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. A prophesy fulfilled, thanks Mom! *eye roll*

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sometimes Moms assume the can read deeper meaning into your words just because they raised you. That can be maddening.

    I also love the word Fukdum.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Perhaps a little projection on Mom's part...

    I am joining the ranks and loving "fukdum" as well.

    And I don't believe you are to be critiqued. It can be so maddening to see others have their way made so clear (comparatively so) when we had so many obstacles in ours (and still do).

    ReplyDelete
  8. Methinks Mom was projecting a bit as well.I wouldn't have inferred envy from the statement "She looked gorgeous."

    ReplyDelete
  9. Don't you just hate it when someone assumes they know what you're really saying!?!

    ((HUGS))

    ReplyDelete
  10. )))Moms(((

    Sometimes we love them, other times, they are more trouble than they are worth. (But mostly we love them.)

    What would have happened if you said XO looked like an ungrateful little biatch? :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. being misunderstood is the one thing that drives me crazy really fast. So, I hear your frustration in trying to communicate with your mother. And then, when we can pinpoint that there was a lack of sensitivity or openness to us, versus what they are now so ready to do and accept for others, this is very hurtful. But this is also why they say that doctors cannot treat family, because either they blow the problem out of proportion, or tend to deny that a problem exists in the first place. Your mom being a doctor, might have easily fallen in the second category.

    ReplyDelete
  12. fukdum! hahahahaha! Classic!
    And as for being misunderstood = very frustrating!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. i echo just about all of the above sentiments!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I agree with Pundelina - complete fukdummery! Everything doesn't have to have a deeper meaning. If I say I don't want fries with my burger - that's it. No hidden meaning, no subliminal message.

    Xo ~is~ a very lucky girl. I hope she sees that.

    ReplyDelete
  15. mothers - can't exist without 'em, can't kill 'em.

    ReplyDelete
  16. There's a funny but special relationship that exists between Mothers and Daughters. My Mom is always right. Even when I got old enough to learn how to argue my case back, she is and will forever be always right. Drives me nuts soemtimes. But I love her.

    I agree with others. I hope XO relaizes thae unique position she's in.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Youch. Pundelina said it very well.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

I Should Have Known

...On the night of 19th when my breasts became hard and sore to touch, the nurses brought me hot water bottles rather than my baby. I should have known. ...Birdman was apparently away to Very Big City with our baby. Every SMS update sent to me about her after 16th Jan was fake. I was a donkey eating at his trough. I should have known. ...Visitors who came to see me in the hospital did not look me straight in the eye. I should have known. ...My mother sounded reluctant every time I asked her on a timeline on when my stitches would be cut and I could travel to Very Big City. I should have known. ...I grieved at how many pricks and tubes were affixed to my little baby while she lay cold and unfeeling at the bottom of an earth pit fatigued from all the effort she put into staying alive. I should have known. ...Family dropped clues on how oxygen deprivation could affect the brain. I spelt it out for them. I told them that Lola was my daughter even if she came out r-e-t-a-r-d-e-d from the o...

Season...

With very limited time and access to the netz, I just want to declare that Lady Season is here. She arrived last Wednesday, and I will someday in future speak of how due to SuperPed's preparedness a crisis was averted. I tend to have firework endings. Her with me, and my first chance of mothering is like a spray of cold water on my face. I am very sleep deprived. Apparently, wise birds said to me that I should sleep when the girl sleeps, but so far my body schedule and kid's schedule are haywire. I hope to be better adapted to this soon. It is tough for me to find net time as of now, and there are a couple of things I want to post online, since CBub's dates also passed by recently, but so far it does not seem to be happening. And I just want to say thanks. Even though I am craptastic at responding, I am reading off and on as I can manage.