Hey people! Have got some pretty pictures from the weekend trip to the in-laws.
What you are about to see are all flower bearing creepers.
First up is: Madhumalati.
What you are about to see are all flower bearing creepers.
First up is: Madhumalati.
Madhumalati blossoms in their deep red colour can take away the 'drab' from any space. Also, its fragrance does something delicious to any breeze caressing it. Needless to say, it is often set up to grow near entrances or windows.
It has beautiful buds (as if a painter has just dipped them in a jar of colour/ or like the wand of a lipstick).

The other flower I captured is Aparajita.
Aparajita has no scent. The commonest colour I see is cobalt blue. The other two colours known to me are yellow and white. But this shade of blue really is the prettiest.
Aparajita bears flowers throughout the year. And BTW, Aparajita literally means ‘undefeated’.
The last pic I am about to show is you is locally called as Badakh Bel. Bel means creeper….and well badakh literally means duck. So, why is the creeper called as Badakh Bel? The picture will tell you why.
The flowers are typical for their shape. Also, once the blooming season is done with, the creeper seems to dry and wilt, but will go green again before the next blooming! [Does that happen at only the one place where I have encountered the creeper or is it a universal trend, I do not know.]
Anyways, once the duck’s wings have opened up, the interior has a velvety, veined pattern inside, and quite frankly, it reminds me of an ahem lady-part.


Pfft… Enough beauty for the day!
And oh,
Madhumalati = Rangoon Creeper = Quisqualis indica
Aparajita = Butterfly Pea = Clitoria ternatea
Badakh Bel = Calico Flower = Aristolochia littoralis
Circle Love!
^WiseGuy^
WOW. Those are really beautiful flowers!
ReplyDeleteThose are amazing!! I love beautiful flowers... if only I could keep from killing any that I try to care for. :/
ReplyDeleteRegarding your html question. I only know VERY basic things about html. My new blog look was done by www.aprilshowersblogdesign.com. You can try me if you'd like, otherwise April is lovely and answers peoples' bloggy questions with more knowledge than I could! :)
Those are so beautiful. The Aparajita look a lot like Morning Glories.
ReplyDeleteHooray, now THAT is an html question I can answer. :)
ReplyDeleteWhen I write a post, I do it in the "compose" tab. When I want to cross something out, I click on the "html" tab to see the html version of what I've written so far.
I go to the word(s) I want to cross out. Before them, I type a < and then "del" and then another >. And then at the end of the word(s), I type a < and then a / followed by "del" and another >.
I can't type the exact html command here, because the comments section of your blog will not accept the tag. I'm hoping my explanation makes sense. Let me know if it doesn't. :)
This might also help: http://www.tizag.com/htmlT/htmlstrikethrough.php
WOW! I love the pics and the flowers. I have never seen any of them in my life. The duck one is truly amazing. An awesome show and tell post Little Miss Wiseguy.
ReplyDeleteThose are some really amazing flowers. All I have are roses, nothing all fancy like that! :)
ReplyDeletePS-cycle day 68? OMG!!! That needs to be in much larger font and bolded. Seriously. I have no words. Just total frustration for you.
The badadk bel isn't the only one that's reminiscint of female anatomy! Did you notice that the aparajita is from the genus Clitoria. I looked it up, and the genus name is no accident.
ReplyDeletehttp://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Clitoria
Beautiful flowers! I love the colors. You did a great job with the photos.
ReplyDelete*HUGS*
Amazing flowers AND photos.
ReplyDeleteSeriously, it brightened my day, across the world (wait, aren't you also American? LOL) to see these blooms.
See you at the BBQ...
What beautiful flowers!
ReplyDeleteThank you for giving me a peek at what you see...
Cool! Thanks for my lesson of the day. Those are some beautiful pictures. Wish I could get some of the fragrances too.
ReplyDeleteI love the cobalt blue Aparajita. Its so stunning.
ReplyDeleteStunning photos lady! I love flowers, well, nature as a whole. I would love to have something gorgeous and scented near my balcony door. Oh, you're making me want to plan my balcony garden for next year already!!
ReplyDeleteYour photos are beautiful! Thank you for the comment on my blog - I appreciate the kind words and the time you took to write them. :)
ReplyDeleteBeautiful flowers....makes me want to try to grow something other than the weeds in my backyard!
ReplyDeleteThose are incredible flowers!
ReplyDeleteAll your flowers are beautiful- but I think the color of the Aparajita is amazing.
ReplyDeleteOMG! That's so cool! Love the shots of the Madhumalati. They totally look like paintbrushes in that one shot. Just gorgeous! And, the creeper is a site to see...a flower bud shaped like a duck! Thanks for the smiles this morning!
ReplyDeleteThe flowers are just beautiful. I love the duck bill one. The bud shape is incredible.
ReplyDeleteI get the idea that you have a green thumb and an appreciation for flowers, especially since you could tell the hollyhocks in my b/w pictures. That is amazing. I am a plant lover and have many, many house plants.
wow, this last flower is quite amazing! from a duck shape into that gorgeous cup! and you are right, it also reminded me of lady parts. ;)
ReplyDeleteBeautiful flowers, especially the Madhumalati. And oh, I wish I could smell it!
ReplyDeleteAh, so lovely and bright!
ReplyDeleteBeautiful flowers! The blue of the Aparajita is truly stunning.
ReplyDeleteI love the ducks wings - beautiful!
ReplyDeletegreat flower pics! i too always think that things look like dude or lady parts;)
ReplyDeleteICLW
Those flowers are absolutely beautiful. I've never really been a flower person, preferring just colourful foliage to flowers but your pics may have just changed my mind!
ReplyDeletep.s. Perhaps my lack of liking of flowers has something to do with the fact that I never get any from the other half lol
Great pics! I understand about the long cycles, my longest was 60 days. I hope AF arrives for you soon. I'm getting my PhD too, in my third year, hoping to take my pre-lims soon. *ICLW*
ReplyDeleteBeautiful flowers. What are you getting a PhD in? I've been there, done that (in policy).
ReplyDeleteI don't think I've ever seen any of those kinds of flowers before. How unusual and beautiful they are (especially the ermm... duck/ladyparts one)!
ReplyDeleteThanks for visiting me for ICLW!