If a HPT can't capture any traces of HCG at 21 dpo, I guess I am really looking for the sky to part and heaven to fall through. No way! Guess the verdict is set in stone now. I am NOT pregnant.
I had a little hope jutting out of a dry root, having not had a run-in with Aafra Faafra yet. I guess I have to start humming 'Have a Happy Period' soon. Something's got to give!
I bought two HPTS last evening and decided to test on Tuesday morning.
Falling asleep was not tough, but sometime in the wee hours, I was awake, totally thinking of the HPT, wanting to urgently pee. I twisted and turned.
Once I woke up, I walked up to the refrigerator, got scissors and opened the packet, turned on the light in the bathroom and settled down to relieve myself. I dropped two drops in the well, and saw the panel with as much focus as my roused-from-sleep eyes could muster.
T line remained as white as it was manufactured. C was rattled and turned bright red in anger. My heart sunk. I peered at the HPT for some time. Read within five minutes, that's what the instructions said. Fuck.
The pee-stick was relegated to the trash can.
Can you believe that after I had woken up finally for the day, I went back to check if something else had cropped up there?
Now I am seven days late.
^WiseGuy^
I had a little hope jutting out of a dry root, having not had a run-in with Aafra Faafra yet. I guess I have to start humming 'Have a Happy Period' soon. Something's got to give!
I bought two HPTS last evening and decided to test on Tuesday morning.
Falling asleep was not tough, but sometime in the wee hours, I was awake, totally thinking of the HPT, wanting to urgently pee. I twisted and turned.
Once I woke up, I walked up to the refrigerator, got scissors and opened the packet, turned on the light in the bathroom and settled down to relieve myself. I dropped two drops in the well, and saw the panel with as much focus as my roused-from-sleep eyes could muster.
T line remained as white as it was manufactured. C was rattled and turned bright red in anger. My heart sunk. I peered at the HPT for some time. Read within five minutes, that's what the instructions said. Fuck.
The pee-stick was relegated to the trash can.
Can you believe that after I had woken up finally for the day, I went back to check if something else had cropped up there?
Now I am seven days late.
^WiseGuy^
Haha, I did POAS crack yesterday as well - fail as well. So, so annoying.
ReplyDeleteMaybe I shouldn't have said what I did about her losing your address...
Ugh..Im in the same boat..Im POSTIVE that was a m/c 2 weeks ago..but Im still having PG symptomes and my hormones are out of control...I want to POAS, but a BFN is just a waste of money..Still, I am super hoping for the test to just be retarded and for AF to be late for a very good reason!!
ReplyDeleteBah. Shit.
ReplyDeleteAnnoyed on your behalf.
xxx
Shit sorry Wiseguy! I think you should go for a blood test to establish why no AF? I know its legendary, but I do actually know of two people who had persistently negative HPT's when they were in fact pregnant!
ReplyDeletethere is nothing more frustrating than POAS being 7 days late and come up short... so sorry! i hope you get some answers soon, one way or another.
ReplyDeleteICLW
Booooooooo. Hiss.
ReplyDeleteAye. I'm sorry your cycles are being so wonky. That is no fun at all. None of this is any fun.
ReplyDeleteDamn, how maddening.
ReplyDeleteHow maddening. I am pissed for you!
ReplyDeleteStopping by for an ICLW visit...
No. 95: The Unfair Struggle (male-factor infertility, good friends, neighborhood rumblings)
That is so incredibly maddening. I'm sorry, sweetie.
ReplyDeleteMajor suckage. Stupid POAS stick. A pox upon thee.
ReplyDeletedamn. this sucks!
ReplyDeletehugs to you and hoping your aunt shows soon.
Shit. Hope at least that Aafra Faafra bitch shows up soon.
ReplyDeleteIt's amazing all the money wasted on condoms and birth control when getting pregnant really is not that easy to do. Hugs. I hope you get a positive result soon.
ReplyDeleteThis is so frustrating! ..and it isn't even my body!
ReplyDeleteSorry you have to deal with this. I like how you call her "Aafra Faafra". :)
Boo!How frustrating!
ReplyDeleteUGH, I'm so frustrated for you!! There's nothing worse that not having an answer one way or the other. Maybe you should go get tested just in case??
ReplyDeleteThat is so FRUSTRATING!!! So sorry!!
ReplyDeleteICLW
Such a big bummer. Sleep interruped should have brought you GREAT NEWS!
ReplyDeleteStill hoping...cause - well - you're still late.
Ugh, it's so hard getting a BFN but I think its the worst feeling not knowing FOR SURE. I often ask myself after each BFN ok so how accurate can POAS really be? So here's hoping that since you're late POAS isn't so accurate this time around!
ReplyDeleteICLW
What a horrible trick to play. To let that hope sneak in only to snatch it away, at 7dpo no less, is just cruel of af. I am so sorry. I know that had to hurt. Hugs.
ReplyDeleteI hate it when the old hag is late. I also hate looking at stark white HPTs.
ReplyDeleteHope you get an answer soon.
ICLW
I am so frustrated for you =[ POAS is torture and seeing 1 line is hell. I hope you get an answer soon.
ReplyDeleteICLW
Boo! Sorry your cycles aren't cooperating. xoxo
ReplyDeleteWow 7 days late - that is weird no? How frustrating. And i do the same thing, wake up insanely early the morning i know i am going to test...
ReplyDeleteAw, crappers.
ReplyDeleteI am in the military and acquired several boxes of 100 count POAS tests. I hate the boxes and I hate the C line. I may donate the boxes courtesy of Uncle Sam to the Duggars who get more use than I do.
ReplyDeleteSorry! That sounds familiar - and frustrating!
ReplyDeleteHappy ICLW!
ReplyDeleteUHG! She either needs to show her face or go away on a nice vacation! Preferably the latter of the two.
*HUGS*
That sucks. Sorry.
ReplyDeleteICLW
I am glad to hear that I am not the only one who stays up at night, thinking of POAS. I am not glad to hear, however, that yours was negative. :P
ReplyDeleteBFNs are sucktastic. I'm sorry.
ReplyDeleteICLW
That sucks hairballs. But like my friend above said, me thinks you should consider a blood test just to rule it out once and for all - our friend who had a + beta still got negative pee sticks until she was just over 10 weeks preggie?? Weirder things have happened.
ReplyDeletexxx