I can't believe
This could be the end
The anatomy of grief is surprisingly foxy…the expression good grief, is a really funny one.
Don't speak
I know just what you're saying
So please stop explaining
Don't tell me cause it hurts
Well, what can be told to somebody who has been standing in these trenches for so long? Nothing. I am expected to know. I was expected to know.
But the wide-eyed gawky teenager in me refuses to sit down. Underneath these eyes, are the eyes of this teenager, and I expect the eyes of all my other personalities to be lurking around at the same place.
If I had been making a fantasy movie…I would have shot myself standing barefoot at a cliff, overlooking a giant sea, with the moon over my head. The hands raised and facing the sky would have held a giant slithery sperm by its tail in one, and a ball-of-iron ovum in the other.
Our memories
Well, they can be inviting
But some are altogether
Mighty frightening
Why is Aaafra Faafra playing with me? Because I am at the core of Kafka’s Metamorphosis. Only that, rather than becoming a giant, thousand-legged insect, I am turning into a mouse, I suppose. And mice are playmates, before they become appetizers.
I know what you're thinking
I don't need your reasons
DH has forgotten that his wife is a woman. And women get their periods. A few days back he had asked me about whether I was down yet or not. Of course, I was not.
And then a couple of days he was like, “When are we having sex?”, and of course, he was denied information about that too, given that nothing was possible till I was waiting. With that no, I managed to crank his unhappiness index a little higher.
Oh
I can't look at you
This morning
I should probably have a sign
That says
'Leave right now or quicker'
Monday, I did not tell him that I went for a blood draw. Tuesday, I did not reveal what the blood draw said. Fantastic. A sliced journey of hope-failure-despair was entirely lost in the household.
But it's different now
It's morning
And I can't face your smile
I really wanted this cycle to work. I began with a positive approach. I planned out the cycle. We even hit each other on the right dates. Everything went fine. Aafra Faafra should have come in its right time. This is not fair.
You're too close to me
And that's why
You have to leave
I can’t believe that all these years, I have been running round, and round and round the same circle, with the same effect….it begins at the same point where it ends and ends at the same point where it begins. Even a donkey would have understood by this time.
But I am not a donkey. I am a human. And even though my intellect is quite established, lessons of repeated failure are a subjective phenomenon, and I know that I am going to work with optimism towards the future cycles, even if I staggering at this point of time, and my sense of self efficacy in this regard is dented.
^WiseGuy^
P.S. Song Lyrics in this post: ‘Don’t Speak’ by No Doubt and ‘Don’t Believe in Love’ by Dido.
Argh. I can feel your frustration and I'm frustrated for you. ((Hugs))
ReplyDeleteMy heart breaks for you.
ReplyDelete"It begins at the same point where it ends and ends at the same point where it begins."
ReplyDeleteProfound! But I'm sorry you are pushed to such deep thoughts by feelings of failure. :(
Oh honey...I am so sorry. {{{Hugs}}}
ReplyDeleteIf you consider the state we tend to be in when we start a cycle and the state we are in at the height of the TWW, where hope abounds. People call it a rollercoaster, but it's more like a heartbeat with a deficiency that causes the lows to be equivalent to the highs. If I were a cardiologist, maybe I'd have a word for that.
ReplyDeleteHere from LFCA. So sorry to hear the negative news.
ReplyDeleteI'm so sorry. I wish this were easier.
ReplyDeleteSucks ,sucks, sucks! I know how hard it is to be let down so many times, and even being positive, does not always make it any easier. Thinking of you and wishing for both our future cycles to bring us some miracle joy. xoxoxoxoxoxoxo
ReplyDeleteyour whole journey from hope to despair and loss this month, "lost in your household" as you said it... is very sad.
ReplyDeleteI hope that you have told him by now. He should know at least that you are so late and that is not at all normal. If it takes much longer for AF to appear... you should check it out.
i hate words
ReplyDeletejust love going out to you
I will never listen to those songs the same way again.
ReplyDeleteI am sorry, WG. Abiding with you.
I can feel your pain...
ReplyDeleteKeeping you close in my thoughts and prayers.
((HUGS))
(((hugs)))
ReplyDeleteNothing to say. Just a shoulder to give. A knowing look. A hand to hold as we circle around together.
ReplyDeleteEven through all your pain you've managed to express it so thougtfully. I'm so sorry for that circular pain pattern you feel stuck in. You're right, it's not fair, it's not right and it stinks. So sorry. :(
ReplyDeleteSweetie, I am so sorry! My heart is with you and I'm sending you lots of love!
ReplyDelete*HUGS*
Sorry hun. Lots of (*HUGS*) your way.
ReplyDelete