Dear God,
This is not an I love you letter. I am not even begging for deliverance.
I believe you exist. If not for your secret plans, men might have made this planet a really boring place to be in.
I could Coldplay you with Don’t Panic or I could even dedicate U2’s Beautiful Day to you. But you can’t be U2ed. You are indeed U1 only.
You know, I have this blue gown that I really adore. It’s the one which has tiny peach flowers, and a very close fit. I pass the full length mirror often and I think my side profile is very unflattering.
I have a neat bump. I could easily pass for four months. But it’s no baby, it’s just gas. I just wanted to know how much gas do you think makes for a with-child kind of a bump.
I am not whining. I just want to stay clear from the charge of you-should-have-told-me-this-before. You can never now say that I did not say it.
^WiseGuy^
Lola had a cardiac arrest on Jan 16, 2011 which she did not survive. I was kept in the dark.
Ugh, I hate my not-a-baby bump! I was looking at pictures of myself from a graduation party a couple of weekends ago, and I can't believe that no one asked me if I was pregnant. :P Hoping we both have a "real" bump very soon!
ReplyDeleteBrilliant lines: "I could even dedicate U2’s Beautiful Day to you. But you can’t be U2ed. You are indeed U1 only."
ReplyDeleteUh, lol. I'm sorry the not a baby bump, but gas, part killed me. Sorry hun.
ReplyDeleteI'm sorry you are suffering the bloat bump and not the baby bump. As if mother nature doesn't jack up enough stuff by allowing such fertility to those that neither deserve it nor want it...but this too? Oh, that's so not right.
ReplyDeleteGood job with the post. One of the most honest pieces I've read.
That's not fair at all! I want you to have the baby bump NOT the gas bump! Maybe we can take pictures and compare our gas bumps. I'm pretty sure mine might rival yours.
ReplyDeleteLove ya girlie!
*HUGS*
I really love the way your mind works and the way you express it in language. If you wrote a book I would buy it and read it right away, no matter what the topic (well, I don't really do math so much).
ReplyDeleteI hate the gas bump!
ReplyDeleteI wear babydoll shirts and I just know people probably think I'm pregnant. I'm just fat, though. Sniff.
xo
OMG...it takes remarkable talent to write in a way that makes a reader want to both laugh and cry at the same time. I don't know why I don't read YOU more often. Problem solved - you're added to my reader now.
ReplyDeletehahahahaha...omg I can totally relate. I look about 7 months along and I'm not even remotely close.
ReplyDeleteFucking SUCKS!
I call it the "too many IVF cycles" bump.
I hope your gas bump is replaced by a baby bump really soon. :)
ReplyDeleteICLW
Sorry to chuckle on your account, but if it's any consolation I (sadly) relate to the non-baby bump.
ReplyDeleteWishing you a BFP soon! :)
*ICLW*
Thanks for the ICLW welcome! It's nice to meet you! Can't wait to get caught up... mommysomeday@charter.net
ReplyDeleteICLW ~ i've thought the same things many times, talking to god and *making sure* he hears me. i too have a bump, but no baby in my arms. unfortunately i can't blame mine on gas. rocky road ice cream just shows up in my freezer and i feel guilty letting it go to waste.
ReplyDeleteThis is why I pray to the lady that invented spanx.
ReplyDeleteICLW
Thanks for commenting on my blog! We just might have to arm wrestle over Ewan McGregor!
ReplyDeleteGreat post, I love the Cold Play reference, well played. MUCH luck with your upcoming cycle!
Thanks for visiting my blog!!!! Great to meet you!
ReplyDeleteICLW #31
Thanks for visiting my blog for my very first ICLW. Wishing that the gas bump converts into a baby bump for you real soon. So pleased that you put two of my favorite bands into your letter to God. I am taking it as a good sign!
ReplyDeleteIf you don't mind, I am going to stick around and do a little exploring...
Just like all the previous commentors, I loved your post. Ugh, I have so been there with the gas baby bump. Is it bad that I will show J and his eyes always get really big?
ReplyDeleteI hope you get your real bump soon!
Tina
ICLW
Haha, that sounds pretty similar too some of my own prayers (though I hadn't talked to the big guy about U2 yet). Hope he heard & snds you a bump filled with something other than gas. /:
ReplyDeletehaha! OH, do I know what you are saying!
ReplyDeleteBoooh for non-baby bumps. I actually went out and bought a BeBand (another blog informed me that Target carries them- surprise, surprise) so I won't have to button my pants during my next not-baby-bump. Just because it's not full of baby doesn't mean we should be comfy!
ReplyDeleteGood luck!!!!
ICLW
((((HUGS))))
ReplyDeleteCute post. I have a bump but its only because I carry all my weight in my stomach ( i am the apple on toothpicks body type) and i have been eating too much ice cream lately.
ReplyDeleteYou'll get to the baby bump soon enough...
ReplyDeleteI've had that kind of baby bump before! No fun. - Tkeys
ReplyDelete*ICLW*