Skip to main content

....mmmmH

There was once a man who lived life through his simple means. His prize possession was his horse – a strong, dark steed that he loved like a son. Once a nobleman passed the area and saw the steed. He offered the man any sum in exchange for the steed, to which the man did not acquiesce. The nobleman upped the price, cajoled and persuaded but the man refused to give up.

Now, this man used to travel every week to the nearby town on his horse for supplies. On one such occasion, he was travelling through the woods when he came upon a beggar – haggard looking and apparently exhausted. Upon enquiry, the beggar told that he had been walking towards the town and was too tired to continue.

The man immediately offered to help the beggar and asked him to mount the horse. The beggar mounted the horse and started laughing… it was the nobleman in disguise! The nobleman taunted that he could have offered any price for the horse and now thanks to the man’s foolishness, he would take away the horse for free!

The man bowed, and asked the nobleman to take the horse, but never reveal the story to the world. Nobleman asked why, and the man responded – “If people come to know how the horse was deceitfully taken away, people will lose their faith in trust. Tomorrow there may be a genuine victim who may not be treated nicely because of what you have committed.

The point of this story lies in this post on Stirrup Queens. If you have not read it as yet, go check it out now….it may be quite an eye-opener.
.
.
.
.
.
.
In other news, I still don’t have AF coming through yet. I POASed today morning and it appears to be a definitive no. All in all it is a matter of when rather than whether.



^WiseGuy^

P.S. – This story is from a text book I had in school. I read this story almost 20 years back….but I thought it was very fitting here.

Comments

  1. Excellent parable - very fitting. I've come across at least one of these emotional fraudsters in the IF community - s/he really took everyone for a ride. The lies caught up with her.

    :( regarding the definite no...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hate that we have to guard ourselves. I mean this community is all about opening our emotions and allowing them. *sigh* and a big frown

    ReplyDelete
  3. That post over at Mel's got me thinking too. Thank you for sharing that little parable with us. It is something to think about too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the parable. In fact, it was just what I needed to read this morning. Niobe's post had been bothering me for two weeks or so and then the response that came out of my post bothered me more until I realized that it was making me lose trust in people. And losing trust is a terrible thing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Perfect words. Sorry for the negative :(.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great parable. Thank you for the perspective.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Absolutely spot on...that parable is PERFECT!

    Sorry the POAS didn't result in a positive.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

I Should Have Known

...On the night of 19th when my breasts became hard and sore to touch, the nurses brought me hot water bottles rather than my baby. I should have known. ...Birdman was apparently away to Very Big City with our baby. Every SMS update sent to me about her after 16th Jan was fake. I was a donkey eating at his trough. I should have known. ...Visitors who came to see me in the hospital did not look me straight in the eye. I should have known. ...My mother sounded reluctant every time I asked her on a timeline on when my stitches would be cut and I could travel to Very Big City. I should have known. ...I grieved at how many pricks and tubes were affixed to my little baby while she lay cold and unfeeling at the bottom of an earth pit fatigued from all the effort she put into staying alive. I should have known. ...Family dropped clues on how oxygen deprivation could affect the brain. I spelt it out for them. I told them that Lola was my daughter even if she came out r-e-t-a-r-d-e-d from the o...

Season...

With very limited time and access to the netz, I just want to declare that Lady Season is here. She arrived last Wednesday, and I will someday in future speak of how due to SuperPed's preparedness a crisis was averted. I tend to have firework endings. Her with me, and my first chance of mothering is like a spray of cold water on my face. I am very sleep deprived. Apparently, wise birds said to me that I should sleep when the girl sleeps, but so far my body schedule and kid's schedule are haywire. I hope to be better adapted to this soon. It is tough for me to find net time as of now, and there are a couple of things I want to post online, since CBub's dates also passed by recently, but so far it does not seem to be happening. And I just want to say thanks. Even though I am craptastic at responding, I am reading off and on as I can manage.