I was expected to attend a friend's wedding tomorrow in City I. I had thought of taking an appointment with my doc for May 18th. Since I am not going to attend the wedding, the appointment is also delayed.
Have to either squeeze it in remaining May or then go on in July, coz the doc would not be available in June.
Is there a difference in the protocol lengths for IVF/ICSI? That is, if the first one has run for almost two months, will all the subsequent ones be of the same time slab as the initial?
^WiseGuy^
Have to either squeeze it in remaining May or then go on in July, coz the doc would not be available in June.
Is there a difference in the protocol lengths for IVF/ICSI? That is, if the first one has run for almost two months, will all the subsequent ones be of the same time slab as the initial?
^WiseGuy^
Unless the doctor changes the protocol (e.g., suppression), the time length should be the same as last time.
ReplyDeleteThe ICSI part won't change the timeline.
ReplyDeleteA fresh IVF cycle seems to always be almost two months, but some suppression protocols are the first full month (such as birth control pills) and some are just a week or two which would take the total time on medication to 5 or 6 weeks, but it's still two menstrual cycles.
Wanted to say thanks for being so wonderful and understanding. xxx
ReplyDelete(Yes, I'm a mushy person, and you're free to make fun of me. haha)
Oh, and my blog's tagline is relatively new. I changed it 2 or 3 months ago. I figured that infertility should be bestowed upon people who actually deserve it!
ReplyDeleteIs there a difference in the protocol lengths for IVF/ICSI? That is, if the first one has run for almost two months, will all the subsequent ones be of the same time slab as the initial?
ReplyDeleteICSI doesn't make a difference to the IVF timeline - the only time it may change, ie shorten or get longer, is if your FS / doctor changes the kind of stimulation cycle you're doing. We usually go for the short ones, where you start the synarel on day 2, EPU on day 14 (if your body's behaving, which most times for me, it isnt) etc etc. But my current FS likes to down regulate or whatever its called, puts us on the pill for 21 days etc. I personally prefer the shorter cycle b/c I hate wasting time.
Good luck!! Why the hell is the doctor not available in June? Lord, thats annoying.
it in the first sentence refers to IVF, not ICSI.
ReplyDelete