I did it...Last evening I sent a mail to Mel after having commented on the entire April ICLW list.
I woke up today morning with a mail and a code to show off on my blog....I had done it.
I finally, in the fourth attempt of ICLWing, added this bling to my kitty!
Twitter was my best friend in this journey...It was easy for me to keep tabs on my progress because I tweeted frequently about my progress. I did a reverse sweep and this is what it became (at this point of time, the ICLW is not over yet).
ICLW Wicket Count: 114-133 (Tally for the Day)
ICLW Wicket Count: 71-133 (Tally for the Second Day) (+ 45, - 93)
ICLW Wicket Count: 45-133 (Tally for the Third Day) (- 93)
ICLW Wicket Count: 23-133 (Tally for the Fourth Day)(- 93)
ICLW Wicket Count: 6-133 (Tally for the Fifth Day) (- 18)
ICLW Wicket Count: 1-142 (Tally for the Sixth Day) (- 18)
Highlights...
#### In the end there was just one blog I could not comment, because it required a WordPress login which I do not have.
#### I believe I left meaningful comments on atleast 95 percent of the blogs. There were a few where I really did not have much to add or say.
#### I came across several new blogs - new as in those of which I had no idea, and new as in those of whose existence I was aware, but I never visited.
#### I found a few bloggers who were having a similar IF story as mine.
#### I added two blogs from April ICLW list to my blogroll - which means that I would be following their posts from now on.
#### It was amazing to read about approaches that people take towards their IF. The myriad stories and the lightness/seriousness of dealing with the subject, and the sad notes/humour utilized to capsule the struggle...
I did not aim at becoming Iron Commenter initially. On my previous attempt at ICLW, my count was 52 blogs, several of them new for me. I just wanted to better that statistics...it was quite in the middle of the second day of commenting that I started to believe that doing the whole list was quite possible. That's when it really began.
Right now, my ego is the size of a giant panda. ;)
OK, I just brought out a needle....
^WiseGuy^
I woke up today morning with a mail and a code to show off on my blog....I had done it.
I finally, in the fourth attempt of ICLWing, added this bling to my kitty!
Twitter was my best friend in this journey...It was easy for me to keep tabs on my progress because I tweeted frequently about my progress. I did a reverse sweep and this is what it became (at this point of time, the ICLW is not over yet).
ICLW Wicket Count: 114-133 (Tally for the Day)
ICLW Wicket Count: 71-133 (Tally for the Second Day) (+ 45, - 93)
ICLW Wicket Count: 45-133 (Tally for the Third Day) (- 93)
ICLW Wicket Count: 23-133 (Tally for the Fourth Day)(- 93)
ICLW Wicket Count: 6-133 (Tally for the Fifth Day) (- 18)
ICLW Wicket Count: 1-142 (Tally for the Sixth Day) (- 18)
Highlights...
#### In the end there was just one blog I could not comment, because it required a WordPress login which I do not have.
#### I believe I left meaningful comments on atleast 95 percent of the blogs. There were a few where I really did not have much to add or say.
#### I came across several new blogs - new as in those of which I had no idea, and new as in those of whose existence I was aware, but I never visited.
#### I found a few bloggers who were having a similar IF story as mine.
#### I added two blogs from April ICLW list to my blogroll - which means that I would be following their posts from now on.
#### It was amazing to read about approaches that people take towards their IF. The myriad stories and the lightness/seriousness of dealing with the subject, and the sad notes/humour utilized to capsule the struggle...
I did not aim at becoming Iron Commenter initially. On my previous attempt at ICLW, my count was 52 blogs, several of them new for me. I just wanted to better that statistics...it was quite in the middle of the second day of commenting that I started to believe that doing the whole list was quite possible. That's when it really began.
Right now, my ego is the size of a giant panda. ;)
OK, I just brought out a needle....
^WiseGuy^
Congrats on achieving Iron! It really is so fun, if you can find enough time.
ReplyDeleteSomeday I'd like to become Titanium (2 down, 3 to go).
Congrats... I still really have no clue about the thing, but Iron sounds...well, awesome!!
ReplyDeleteDid I mention Indore?? You know, if I wasn't so lazy, I'd go back to your Jhansi ki Rani post and be able to work it out... bwahahahaha.
so... how's work taking all this commenting?? I used to find it seriously hindered my blog-reading. And I usually only frequent about 30 blogs or so, and try and leave meaningful remarks and not naff one liners.(no offence to any naff one liner types). I've also added the number of blogs I read...
xx
added to* even...damnit!
ReplyDeleteCongrats! I made the list in December and it was tough. I'm not sure I'll make it this month, but I'm trying! You ALWAYS leave meaningful comments. That's just ONE of my favorite things about you, my dear sweet friend! Way to go!
ReplyDelete*HUGS*
:)
ReplyDeleteThanks for stopping in on mine. I'm trying for IC myself, but I'm SO BEHIND!!! ARGH!!!
Whoa, good for you! It helps so much to develop this kind of community feeling on IF blogs. And I always love the comments you leave for me - I think you're very witty. :)
ReplyDeletewow that's some hardcore commenting, congratulations. I love reading everyone's blogs, there are so many amazing women (and men) out there.
ReplyDeleteWOW great job!!!
ReplyDeleteI am so impressed! Good job! I don't even see that as being possible...but yay you!!!
ReplyDeleteI am uber-impressed with you. You totally deserve the panda-sized ego!
ReplyDelete