Skip to main content

Second Dig-R

What are the possible indicators that one may have a retroverted uterus? This second dig at my current sweetness is a brief listing of the symptoms.

Different online resources lists these symptoms of a tipped uterus (only indicative):

***Zero Symptoms

***Pain during intercourse(dyspareunia)*

***Pelvic pain during menstruation or ovulation*

***Back pain during menstruation

***Slight incontinence

***Frequent UTI (How is that?)

***Problems when trying to conceive (Whoa! They said it and these guys have also said the same)

***Pain in using tampons



One more thing is that while reading through, a site said that the woman on top position is the one likely to cause the greatest discomfort.


*A. Fauconnier, J. Dubuisson, H. Foulot, C. Deyrolles, F. Sarrot, M. Laveyssière, J. Jansé-Marec, G. Bréart (Year not given), Mobile uterine retroversion is associated with dyspareunia and dysmenorrhea in an unselected population of women, European Journal of Obstetrics & Gynecology and Reproductive Biology, 127(2), 252-256.


Surprise Find/Question:


Did I have a tipped uterus since birth? I will never know.


Back ache! One particular point on the left side of my lower back aches – especially if I stand for too long. Could this be the fruit of a tipped uterus? When I would talk about it, I am normally told to – “Go lose some weight, everything will be fine”.


My doc told me to try woman-on-top as a favoured position. Completely contrary to what I have just learnt.


^WiseGuy^


Note:

If you want to read the entire series of Dig-R, just click on the label below any Dig-R post and all similar entries will get retrieved.

This is not a medical advisory post, nor do I claim expertise and authority over the subject.. I am writing this for my information only.

Comments

  1. Hey lady, thank you for the nomination around the scrap ... I haven't had the energy to move on it, so my apologies for that. I just want you to know that I appreciate it :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. hmmm....wonder if i have one? can't remember what's been said in my operative reports. thanks for the info!

    Mo

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm hoping all this info you're cumulating helps out in the long run. I hope you can prove your theory.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have a retro ute too and honestly, I believe my fertility specialists when they say it doesn't affect shit.

    Most times the studies and the statistics just don't fit neatly into specific answers for us. I hope in both our cases a retro ute means nothing sinister from a ttc point of view!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

I Should Have Known

...On the night of 19th when my breasts became hard and sore to touch, the nurses brought me hot water bottles rather than my baby. I should have known. ...Birdman was apparently away to Very Big City with our baby. Every SMS update sent to me about her after 16th Jan was fake. I was a donkey eating at his trough. I should have known. ...Visitors who came to see me in the hospital did not look me straight in the eye. I should have known. ...My mother sounded reluctant every time I asked her on a timeline on when my stitches would be cut and I could travel to Very Big City. I should have known. ...I grieved at how many pricks and tubes were affixed to my little baby while she lay cold and unfeeling at the bottom of an earth pit fatigued from all the effort she put into staying alive. I should have known. ...Family dropped clues on how oxygen deprivation could affect the brain. I spelt it out for them. I told them that Lola was my daughter even if she came out r-e-t-a-r-d-e-d from the o...

Season...

With very limited time and access to the netz, I just want to declare that Lady Season is here. She arrived last Wednesday, and I will someday in future speak of how due to SuperPed's preparedness a crisis was averted. I tend to have firework endings. Her with me, and my first chance of mothering is like a spray of cold water on my face. I am very sleep deprived. Apparently, wise birds said to me that I should sleep when the girl sleeps, but so far my body schedule and kid's schedule are haywire. I hope to be better adapted to this soon. It is tough for me to find net time as of now, and there are a couple of things I want to post online, since CBub's dates also passed by recently, but so far it does not seem to be happening. And I just want to say thanks. Even though I am craptastic at responding, I am reading off and on as I can manage.