
Hello People, There are a couple of issues where I will love to have your opinion/ practical tips/wisdom from experience on.
a) In the run-up to the November ’08 IVF/ICSI, I was on a cocktail of Lupride, FSH and Wysolone (that’s a steroid), among other sweet things. Apart from the other symptoms, I had experienced a general sense of being ‘bloated’ then.
My problem is that even though I have gone off all those things, lately I feel bloated again. Especially after a meal, it is as if my entire tummy swells out – I look four months (what a joke!). And there is a definite swelling on my left hand (the same bangle acts tougher sliding in/out of that hand). And the lower parts of my legs ache in the morning (though the pain quickly goes with mobility).
Have you too experienced this? I could phone up my mother, but lately she has been obsessed with answering pranayam to all the problems of this planet.
b) I want to lose weight a bit. And I am unsure of what exercises must I take up since I am TTC. I am worried that if I go to a gym and suppose I get pregnant, and have strenuous exercise, what the possible consequences are. Can you suggest some online resources where I can get tips for exercising for TTCers? Of course, I am still building castles in the air. But I do need to get my butt off this chair. I am not into impulse eating, but yours truly has been very kindly indulgent with herself lately.
^WiseGuy^
A) I was indeed extremely bloated during the latter part of my IVF cycle, but it didn't last. So I do not know, sorry, but that concerns me. I hope you ask your doctor.
ReplyDeleteB)From what I have read, exercise is great, just don't overdo it. I do regular cardio on an elliptical, but I don't let my heartrate go over 164 (whereas normally I get it into the 180s). I walk a lot. I lift weights at least 3x/week, but not when I'm cycling with the RE. I also do a lot of stretches, but I'm careful when cycling, as well, because of the slight risk of ovarian torsion.
And if you do get pregnant, any exercise to which you're already accustomed is fine to continue, from what I understand, until you'd be too uncomfortable. But of course, your own doctor should be consulted on this if you get to that point.
Btw: Thanks so much for solving my 'linky' problem! :)
Re: your comments on my blog
ReplyDeleteI have nothing but luv for you ... yes, even your mermaids! ;)
I don't know about the bloating... But exercising is fine just as long as you don't "over exert" yourself. Yoga is my fav.
ReplyDeleteMy body also doesn't like treatments reacting with bloating & feeling tired, yes - this is something to check with the doctor.
ReplyDeleteNot sure about exercise, I try to cut down on excessive work outs (not the Ho-Hos though :-)) – but difficult to say what is "moderate" because everyone is so different.
exercise is great, it keeps your body healthy, but i find that if i want to lose weight my diet is very important. if i don't watch what i'm eating, i don't lose any weight, even if i'm exercising. here's a good tool to figure out how many calories are burned during various types of exercise...
ReplyDeletehttp://health.msn.com/PopUp.aspx?cp-documentid=100105289
this bloating after eating looks like a gallbladder thing to me. Maybe you should go take a look to see how your digestive system is doing.
ReplyDeleteAbout exercises, I'd say the safest thing you can do while TTC and afterwards is swimming.
still waiting impatiently for af...
ReplyDeleteExercise is fine, especially walking at a decent pace.
ReplyDeleteAnd, at least for me, I have to exercise or I won't lose a pound.