Skip to main content

Dream

Last night, I dreamt that I helped a lady in delivering a baby. It was a normal delivery. The woman was in labour and I refused to do it, but the male companion of the woman asked me to deliver it, since I was a doctor's daughter and had some idea of doing it, to say the least. It was a male child that I delivered. The setting was the old house that once me and my family occupied - the house I grew up in.

I remember using the back door of the house to come out. It was dark, perhaps late in the night, but lights were on in most of the homes and people could be seen. Then I observed the tree that was there in a nearby compound. I remember the tree, it was a very tall mango tree, that had almost taken a shot at kissing the sky with its height. The tree had branches and leaves on only the top 30 percent of its length. Another person that I recognize from my real life, told me that the tree was evil. I remember seeing the tree, and feeling the coldness and darkness enveloping it.

That's all I remember from the dream.


^WiseGuy^

Comments

  1. damn! all the years and experience I had with Junguian therapy cannot help me interpret the whole of this dream.. all I can say though it that the first part has something very positive in it. although you did not want to help with the birth and did not know how to do it, you end up birthing a child. The fact that it was in the home where you grew up, might be indicative of something you are reclaiming, or rebirthing in yourself that had been lost at that time in your life.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't do dream analysis - but this is really interesting. I'm curious, were you calm and relaxed in the dream? Or, did you wake agitated?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Interesting dream! I love how vivid your description is. Really quite fascinating...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just wanted to say that the mango tree does exist. And as a kid, I have had my fill of raw mango growing on it. But the form and shape that it took in the dream was not like the real tree. The real tree is well rounded, tall but with a lot of branches and leaves.

    Clio....I love you....How about becoming my online counsellor! Yes, when I analyzed, even I felt that the first part had a positive message. But nothing emerges in the second.

    Cara... I did not wake up agitated at all. I woke up and was aware of the dream I had seen. I carried it to my waking world.

    The Steadfast Warrior... I think the dream is interesting, and maybe it has some meaning to it. Maybe not!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Psychoanalysis, anyone?

    Seriously, I do believe in dreams as a way in which God/higher power/universe talks to us, instructs us, etc. How did you feel (emotionally, physically) when you woke up from it?

    ReplyDelete
  6. you kill me! I'm still laughing at your suggestion ;)but I'll take the role of your online dream counselor for now, as i do have new ideas regarding the mango tree.
    So you say this tree exists and you ate from it as a child. So, to me, the real tree represents you as well. You in the past, your innocent, playful, fruitful self. Rounded, full of branches and fruit. (that's most of us before this sucking depleting IF turns us around).
    But the tree in your dream, was but a pale comparison to the real one. It was tall, but only with 30% of branches. This might mean a pessimist view of yourself with only a third of your 'juice' left, and you mention that the person says this tree is evil and you feel the night and cold enveloping it.
    You say you recognize the person from your real life. I'd pay careful attention to who that is (or represents), because this dream is telling you NOT to listen to this person's message. Because this twisted message is making you feel eerie about a tree you well know and used to enjoy. The real tree is still there (or even the tree of your memory) rounded, fruitful. In the dream it's not the same one, it's an empty version of it. And if you believe the message that it's 'evil', instead of having the sunlight come back and shine on the branches that are left and bless the tallness of the tree, you have it enveloped by the cold and dark.
    does it make sense?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

I Should Have Known

...On the night of 19th when my breasts became hard and sore to touch, the nurses brought me hot water bottles rather than my baby. I should have known. ...Birdman was apparently away to Very Big City with our baby. Every SMS update sent to me about her after 16th Jan was fake. I was a donkey eating at his trough. I should have known. ...Visitors who came to see me in the hospital did not look me straight in the eye. I should have known. ...My mother sounded reluctant every time I asked her on a timeline on when my stitches would be cut and I could travel to Very Big City. I should have known. ...I grieved at how many pricks and tubes were affixed to my little baby while she lay cold and unfeeling at the bottom of an earth pit fatigued from all the effort she put into staying alive. I should have known. ...Family dropped clues on how oxygen deprivation could affect the brain. I spelt it out for them. I told them that Lola was my daughter even if she came out r-e-t-a-r-d-e-d from the o...

Season...

With very limited time and access to the netz, I just want to declare that Lady Season is here. She arrived last Wednesday, and I will someday in future speak of how due to SuperPed's preparedness a crisis was averted. I tend to have firework endings. Her with me, and my first chance of mothering is like a spray of cold water on my face. I am very sleep deprived. Apparently, wise birds said to me that I should sleep when the girl sleeps, but so far my body schedule and kid's schedule are haywire. I hope to be better adapted to this soon. It is tough for me to find net time as of now, and there are a couple of things I want to post online, since CBub's dates also passed by recently, but so far it does not seem to be happening. And I just want to say thanks. Even though I am craptastic at responding, I am reading off and on as I can manage.