I had been away for the better part of the past 10 days. For this week, I am posting some of my clicks while on my trip. All the pictures posted down below are from the same location. I did not expect such beauty to be unravelled in so mundane and unassuming a manner. But these sculptures are on the exterior wall of a much-visited location in that city. Absolutely accessible! I did not get any authentic information about when this compound was created, but the guess I am making this architecture is of at least the 18th Century (if not older).
Go till the last picture, there is a question that you may want to answer. ; )
-----------------------------------------------------------
Dancing Elephants – Located on some walls, about one and a half feet above the ground level.

Brahma – The creator of the universe and part of the holy trinity

Shiva and his consort, Parvati. Shiva is also a part of the holy trinity

Shiva again!

I don’t know who or what they represent, but it’s poetic to see such finely carved features and detailing.

I am a naïve village belle. Can you tell me what the couple is doing? Leave your guesses in the comments section. (Focus at the sculpture above the central statue)

-----------------------------------------------------------
Everybody else is here!
^WiseGuy^
Go till the last picture, there is a question that you may want to answer. ; )
-----------------------------------------------------------
Dancing Elephants – Located on some walls, about one and a half feet above the ground level.

Brahma – The creator of the universe and part of the holy trinity

Shiva and his consort, Parvati. Shiva is also a part of the holy trinity

Shiva again!

I don’t know who or what they represent, but it’s poetic to see such finely carved features and detailing.

I am a naïve village belle. Can you tell me what the couple is doing? Leave your guesses in the comments section. (Focus at the sculpture above the central statue)

-----------------------------------------------------------
Everybody else is here!
^WiseGuy^
I'm not 100% sure what they're doing but I am certain that it doesn't make babies.
ReplyDeletevery cool sculptures!
ReplyDeleteLovely sculptural pictures. And, that couple is doing something that sets off little kids and babies "parental fun radar" and causes them to wake up out of a sound sleep every single time.
ReplyDeleteHmmm...from one naive village belle to another - wowsers, and to carve it in stone.
ReplyDeleteGlad you had a good trip.
If you look very closely at the photo you'll notice a she's holding a positive OPK, and her chart on the nightstand indicates it's baby dancing time! "Do a little dance, make a little love, get down tonight!"
ReplyDeleteHmmm....I am fairly certain they are tickling!
ReplyDeleteI love the sculptures. It must be wonderful to have gone there. I can only see those types of sculptures at the museum!
Liv's comment cracks me up.
ReplyDeleteObviously she is checking him for ticks.
Looks like a great trip!
All these responses crack me up!
ReplyDeleteMy parents would have said that they are doing their taxes.
Which reminds me. . . :-)
Beautiful pics.
ReplyDeleteAnd, they're wrestling, right ;) LOL
Those are amazing sculptures. I agree with what Kristen said about the last picture...lol Thank you for sharing your great pictures.
ReplyDeleteSo detailed and so well preserved. Beautiful!
ReplyDeleteI'm guessing her back went out? My husband has me stretch his legs like that when his back goes wonky, and sometimes the stretching leads to...oooooooh. Heh. Very cool sculptures!
ReplyDeleteGreat pics! I love seeing sculptures with such detail. Always amazing. I too think Liv's comment is hilarious and warrants serious consideration. :)
ReplyDeleteAwesome sculptures. I think she lost her contact, he is helping look for it. I know not good,but Liv's is classic!
ReplyDelete